Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Moleneux "Feel[s] sorry for Dennis Dyack"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Moleneux "Feel[s] sorry for Dennis Dyack" - Jul 23, 2008 18:44
Toasted by Moleneux... the leading name in game hype... now that's somethin' else.

""Well, you know, there are ebbs and flows about games. The first thingto say is that I took it really seriously at the end of Fable 1. I kindof apologised at the end of Fable 1 about actually saying things thatdidn't end up in the game. I've tried to be really really careful aboutwhat I show and I think everything I've talked about in Fable 2 you cannow play in there, so that was really important. But what I realiseover time is that talking about a game before it's released is adangerous game. You can just say a few things wrong and then it's likean avalanche.

I feel sorry for Denis Dyack because you know, I think a few thingswere said wrong, there was that really unfortunate showing at E3 a fewyears ago. Everyone got on the bandwagon of saying things about TooHuman. Now I've played it and, you know, it's a good game. It doesn'tdeserve a lot of that harsh criticism. But as soon as something startsit's very hard to turn the tide and pull it back again. Unless you'vegot something in your back pocket to say "Ahaa, but what about this?"then it's really really tough.""

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Moleneux "Feel[s] sorry for Dennis Dyack" - Jul 23, 2008 19:37
hes right about games getting a bad rep thats its difficult to 'fix' it. but some devs need to learn how to shut up.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:Moleneux "Feel[s] sorry for Dennis Dyack" - Jul 24, 2008 07:16
I haven't been following the whole Dyack fiasco, but I am sure a lot of the bad press Too Human has gotten is because of him, and after that buggy E3 showing, the more damage.
Then again, Halo was revealed at E3 for the first time and it look like crap, but no one gave it the shit that Too Human has gotten. From what I've read from Eddie's impressions and most previews, I am guessing the game certainly isn't the game it should have been, specially after the gigantic design time it has taken, but no one has said its a complete failure either. Just a ok/so-so/mediocre game which has gotten maligned more than it should have.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll