Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Damn you Team Ninja
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 25, 2006 21:30
Earlier this week, i became a victim. Victim of the save bug in DOA4, after hours and hours of play, most costumes and half completed with time attack, Sigh. So i have to suffer through time attack again, i despise that the Alpha thing doesnt rely on the same rules as the player. Its an immensely bad end boss, ill be happy when im through with offline play!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 25, 2006 21:51
they are working on some patch - I hate fuckin Bugs - they should return peoples money when their game is bugged :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 25 Feb 06 13:52:15 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 25, 2006 21:52
Hmmm...need to get some Gamerscores to myself :O
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:14
Save bug?
Vx Chemical

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:16
Mmmm if the game loads, before your Xbox Live Profile, it overwrites everything you' ve done, very frustrating when your almost done unlocking things.

I cant see how it can take so long finishing a patch!
Nitro

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:21
I wouldn' t call it a bug though, ...and it' s not confined to DoA4 it allpies to all games. It' s hardly Team Ninjas fault.

I can see why you' d be frustrated but if you take the disc out before you turn the machine off and ait til your profile loads when you turn it on, ...you, like me wouldn' t have had any trouble...

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:28

]GaNgStA[ Date: 28 Jan 06
Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff

That' s the funny stuff :
-HERE-

And problems I' m talking about are rather serious.Three of IGN editors claim that their 360 stopped booting up after playing DoA4 - They played the game and everything was cool , but another time they played it and then 360 didn' t boot up after that.It' s strange , but it looks like it might happen to anybody.

Here' s another problem with DoA4 you should be aware of (from gamespot) :

IF YOU OWN DOA4, YOU MUST READ THIS!!! I just got off the phone with Tecmo tech support about this one...

I have already went through all of the story modes, and unlocked every character except the one you get from Time Attack mode. I played a few more sessions after that, and then booted up the game again only to find out that all of my save data was gone. All of my unlocked characters, costumes, leader-board achievements, online ranking, ALL GONE!

Well, when trying to figure out what happened, I noticed that the second profile on my 360 had the accomplishments for beating the all of the story modes and unlocking characters too. So I figured that maybe for some reason I was signed on to that profile when I unlocked everything, even though this didn' t really make any sense since it automatically signs in to my main XBL profile. So I went through and unlocked everything again. And guess what? A few days later all of my data disappears, AGAIN!!!

So now I' m really pissed about this situation and decide to call Tecmo tech support. Turns out this is a problem that a lot of people are having. The problem is that when you turn on your 360 with DOA already in the drive, the game will sometimes boot up before your XB profile has a chance to load. The game reads that there is no DOA4 data on the profile (since the profile isn' t fully loaded yet), and automatically auto-saves as if it was the first time you played the game.

Now Tecmo is working on a patch to fix the problem, but in the mean while, GO THROUGH THESE STEPS EVERY TIME YOU PLAY DOA4 TO AVOID THIS HAPPENING TO YOU!!!

1. If the game is already in the drive, turn on your 360 with the open tray button.

2. Wait until your profile loads and you see all of your info on the gamer-card (to be on the safe side I would do some other stuff while still on the dashboard like looking at your achievements and games save just to ensure that the profile is fully loaded. Tecmo didn' t tell me this, just my suggestion. I know I will be doing it.)

3.Put DOA4 in the tray and close it.

PS. I suggest that this thread gets stickied until the patch is released. It might save a lot of frustration with the DOA players on this board.

..pay attention next time...
Nitro

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:32

The problem is that when you turn on your 360 with DOA already in the drive, the game will sometimes boot up before your XB profile has a chance to load. The game reads that there is no DOA4 data on the profile (since the profile isn' t fully loaded yet), and automatically auto-saves as if it was the first time you played the game.

That' s from what you just posted and exactly what i just said.

So...

if you take the disc out before you turn the machine off and ait til your profile loads when you turn it on, ...you, like me wouldn' t have had any trouble...

Perhaps YOU should pay attention!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:39
What a smart boy, that Gangsta fellow sure knows his stuff :)
Nitro

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:45
He does indeed!

Bishonen

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:51
...if i bump up the thread called: " Some strange DoA4 problems and funny stuff" will my point be clearer?....
Nitro

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 00:56
Oh, i thought it was directed at me...

Ooops...

My bad!
Bishonen

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 01:22
...no worries..

...i tend to think that the world revolves around me too...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 01:41
damn it' s so boring on kikizo lately ...

:)
Bishonen

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 02:02
...if your bored, check out my " Winter Olympics" thread in Everything Else...

..it' s a work of art...

*pats self on back*
Vx Chemical

RE: Damn you Team Ninja - Feb 26, 2006 02:09
I already read the post about the error, but considering myself godlike, i dont think my things are prone to error, alas i was mistaken.

It is Team Ninja' s fault, iv heard no other game display the error, so they should just pull their finger out of their asses and fix it. I know its only a small thing to eject everytime i start the console, but it shouldnt be necessary, more than one week to fix an error like this is negligence!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll