Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Free Crap Thread
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
The Free Crap Thread - Mar 13, 2007 03:53
I' ve been checking out some other forums lately & found myself on a freebie forum. We' ve all seen the GET A FREE _______ banner ads on the side of webpages, and I was suprised to find that the majority of them are legit.

You sign up for their webpage, and have to try a certain number of products. IE a Blockbuster Online trial or 1 free month of Time Magazine, stuff like that. Then, once you' ve completed the set number of trials, they ship you whatever it was that you picked at the beginning of the free offer process.

It seems like an absolute scam, but everybody profits from it. The Advertising/Freebie site gets tons of money from the people they' re advertising for. The people they' re advertising for are getting more subscriptions to their product, and you' re getting an almost free gift. I heard about some of the more reliable ones on these forums, & wondered if it was worth a shot.

I' ve been reading through the legal terms and requirements on both pages, & have decided that I' m gonna give them a try. I' m setting up an email address just for the purpose of wading through all the advertisements I know I' ll be getting, and seeing as credit card companies are already sending things to me in droves via mail, I figure why the hell not?

Anybody else had a similar idea?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 Mar 07 19:53:22 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread