Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Soo, Now you own Motorstorm....
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 04, 2007 20:16
Could you See the 360 physically Replicating it?

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Apr 07 12:18:36 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 04, 2007 20:29
Do you mean if the physics can be done or the 360? If so, I don' t know much about technology r programming and such, but Forza 2 for the 360 seems more impressive with the calculations they' ve shown in their videos. They calculate the wind, pressure on the tires, suspension, and everything. And it seems they run the physics engine at 120 FPS, while the graphics run in 60 FPS, in order to make sure that every single bump on the road is simulated in the game.
Forza 2 might not look as impressive when it comes to physics, but it looks like the calculations will be more advanced.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 04, 2007 21:09
Can 360 handle MotorStorm?

You' ve lost me. What exactly are you talking about.. ..the physics engine?

MotorStorm is amazing but it doesn' t show any sort of technical gap between PS3 and 360. It has a more advanced physics engine than any 360 game so far (though Crackdowns is awesome too) but the engine could easily be applied to a 360 game.

I wouldn' t worry too much about either console. Even Wii is capable of some advanced physics calculations.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 01:02

MotorStorm is amazing but it doesn' t show any sort of technical gap between PS3 and 360

To me it clearly looks and plays alot more advanced than any 360 racer. I' ve been really impressed by this game. MS shows the kind of physics and motions i expected from Next gen titles..

but the engine could easily be applied to a 360 game.

I' ld be interesting to see this, especially considering that the MotorStorm' s Physics engine was made around the Cell/Ps3 hardware.

Edit:

When the time comes to really start pushing Advanced Physics engines, i wonder which console would perform closest to Next-gen PC titles.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Apr 07 17:14:39 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 01:51
Yay, another thread by someone who doesnt understand hardware and software giving their " expert" opinion.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 10:02
I like that animated GIF of the " Next-gen physics engine" . Everything gets blown away but the guy holding the gun straight forward (for no reason) only turns a bit to his right instead of falling on his ass. That' s BAD physics! Dear God I wish FPS games would just die. Their time is done.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 5 Apr 07 2:02:56 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 16:14
I think it' s a clip from Crysis. Or at least a clip from the Crytek team illustrating the physics in Crysis.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 16:57

I think it' s a clip from Crysis. Or at least a clip from the Crytek team illustrating the physics in Crysis.

It is, and it' s impressive nonetheless.

I also believe its more of the person controlling it moving the camera to see the action rather than being blown that way by the physics. I could be wrong, but it looks like he is only minorly effected. The other thing is, how fun would it be to see him go flying and miss the house fly apart? Plus, it would take away the point of the clip, which is to demo their physics engine.
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 17:27

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

MotorStorm is amazing but it doesn' t show any sort of technical gap between PS3 and 360

To me it clearly looks and plays alot more advanced than any 360 racer. I' ve been really impressed by this game. MS shows the kind of physics and motions i expected from Next gen titles..

Uh huh, and we have been here before. Remember?

Yes, you' re original point holds weight. MotorStorm does look amazing and the way everything moves [how fluid it is] is nicer than in any 360 game, ...racer or otherwise.

The difference is that no 360 game has utilized a physics engine with such emphasis. Perhaps one never will. But that doesn' t mean the hardware isn' t capable, ...which brings me to my next point...

but the engine could easily be applied to a 360 game.

I' ld be interesting to see this, especially considering that the MotorStorm' s Physics engine was made around the Cell/Ps3 hardware.

...MotorStorm uses Havok physics.

Oblivion used Havok too, but like i said, MotorStrom puts a far stronger emphasis on the physics than any other game, on any other platform.

MotorStorm is the first game to use Havok 4.5 [?], but it' s only a physics engine and nothing any modern processor couldn' t handle.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 5 Apr 07 9:30:28 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 19:07

..if you wanna be impressed buy Cell' s advanced physics calculations, take a look at the totally awesome LittleBigPlanet...

...if you ask me, that' s the most impressive display of both graphics and physics seen this console gen...

...you get the feeling that it' s barely the tip of the Cell iceberg too...
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 05, 2007 19:14
I' d probably contest that Cellfactor' s physics are more impressive from a technical standpoint, but with regard to playability and gameplay implementation, LittleBigPlanet certainly stands out.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 00:54
I dont get it, whats so new with Havok 4?
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 00:58

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

I dont get it, whats so new with Havok 4?

Nothing.

f3 just thinks that MotorStorm has some funky new technology that 360 can' t " handle" .

Like i said, it' s just an engine.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 02:02
Yeah, but what merits the new 4 title? I am talking whats new in the engine. Last time I heard it was like Havok 3. something.
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 02:08

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Yeah, but what merits the new 4 title? I am talking whats new in the engine. Last time I heard it was like Havok 3. something.

Dunno, but they' r already up to 4.5.

Oh, and look f3, on the official website that also mentions MotorStorm, is says...

Fully optimized for Sony PLAYSTATION®3, as well as Microsoft Xbox360 and Nintendo Wii.

...LINK

So despite what you may think of a piece of hardware, don' t bring your narrow minded lack of understanding here and post bullshit. That' s exactly why you got flamed time and again when you were posting as f3hunter.

It' s only a fucking physics engine.
ginjirou

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 05:45

That' s exactly why you got flamed time and again when you were posting as f3hunter.

Virtua fighter 5 is f3hunter?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Apr 07 21:46:08 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 05:52
Wow, I can' t believe I didnt see it. Ive missed having a hadicapped faggot around, it made me feel like my forum was diverse and open.
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 06:27

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

That' s exactly why you got flamed time and again when you were posting as f3hunter.

Virtua fighter 5 is f3hunter?

Ofcourse.

ginjirou

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 06:32
Is it that obvious to you? I' m surprised if he changed his name in the first place?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Apr 07 22:33:20 >
Nitro

RE: Soo, Now you own Motorstorm.... - Apr 07, 2007 07:14

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Is it that obvious to you? I' m surprised if he changed his name in the first place?

Then i' m more observant than you.

I won' t go into details but i have no doubts.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message