Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
JohnLee1979

• Total Posts : 1
Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 11:27
Recently, I' ve heard that PC will receive Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3 - Demon Siege and Devil May Cry 3 - Dante' s Awakening Special Edition. I can' t understand why Capcom will not bringing this spetacular games for Xbox! I' m a great fan of Capcom games (specially Onimusha series) and I will love to see these games on Xbox! Does anyone have the same opinion?
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 11:51
i' m with u on that one but those games are some of the games that are making the competiton against the xbox, on sony' s part, so I' m guessing making them for the xbox would not be welcome by sony.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 16:10
Well if that was true, then RE5 wouldnt be coming for the 360!
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 9 Feb 06 9:35:51 >
Raistlin

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 17:31
You can be very much sure it will not come to Xbox. Capcom are in a very delicate economic situation, and they need money. That is why RE4 came to PS2, and it will come to PC. The small Xbox market doesn' t worth the effort. Besides Capcom stated RE4 is not coming to Xbox.
Sorry for my bad english.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 17:35
It would be worth the effort, the small amount of installed xbox' s isnt that small. It would easily be worth the effort and much, much more. But who knows why they dont do it, maybe there are some consoles exclusive agreements signed for that game.

And welcome to the forum Raistlin, (Raistlin rocks, coolest wizard ever!!!)
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 9 Feb 06 9:36:33 >
Raistlin

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 18:44
10x

Well yes, the Xbox market i not that small, but a lot of the Xbox owners has also PS2 or GC. And concerning the porting expenses the profits will not be that big. May be if Micro$oft would cough up some green, but I doubt it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 19:05
Ps2 owners=70-85 millions
xbox owners=21-22 millions
GC owners=19-20 millions
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 22:18
Microsoft aren' t actually supporting the original Xbox properly anymore. Why would they?

Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising and Lost Planet are heading for 360, ...what more do you want? PS3 will get Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5 but won' t get Dead Rising OR Lost Planet so what does it matter?

The PC versions of those games are going to be simple ports, they' re not being enhanced (although the resolution will be higher) and won' t get any extra features.

Sony have an agreement with Capcom regarding the DMC games, just like Nintendo had a ' kind of' agreement regarding Resident Evil, Zero and 4 (for several months). PS2 got the Outbreak games through some loophole...
QuezcatoL

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 22:23
Majikdragon plz,let the ps3 get a release date or even get out,and you will see what support ps3 will get.
Do you think all dev with those 4000 kist out there arnt working on project they havnt announced yet?
Are you so clueless?
The reason why RE5 coming to 360 is because they need to put out games and also have their IP' s as leading in the game market thus puuting it on the only next gen machine at the moment.
Will be a diffrent story with capcom/namco support when ps3 is finally out there,and even NR.
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 09, 2006 22:33
Well, ...thank' s for your input Quez, ...it was really helpful.

Not!

Capcom have made announcements dumbass. Learn to fucking read and do some fucking research.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 00:21
Learn to write stuff without swearing! It greatly lowers my respect for you. Maybe others feel the same. It' s not good anyway. Other than in a religious way.
Swearing shows signs of unability to come up with proper arguments to meet your opponents arguments.
I know you' re a smart guy so why don' t you learn some manners and stop swearing.
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 00:24
What would religion have to do with anything?

I get frustrated by the stupidity of others, ...i' m sorry!
ginjirou

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 00:34
Religion? Well, usually it' s the religious people who get upset when people are swearing to much, especially when curse words are used.
But we " normal" folks can also get tired of it. Or as in my case, we don' t see anything positive in swearing, only signs of weakness.
Only cool american actors are cool when swearing. Normal people just sound plain stupid.
QuezcatoL

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 00:52
I agree,and majiks attitude sux,he apprently think other people here are annoying or stupid,but he should look in a freaking mirror.
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 01:15
A ' freaking mirror' ??? Like at a circus?!

What i think Quez, is that people like; you, lollypop and Abasoufiane have little understanding of the industry in general.

You all come out with stupid comments and ideas that are based on little fact and your own opinions,

PS3 not only doesn' t have a release date yet, it hasn' t gone into production, the hardware hasn' t even been finalized and no announcements have been made regarding when we can expect to see it or how much it will likely cost.

Even companies developing for it don' t know when it' s going to arive, and yet Sony say they' re sticking to Spring 2006.

Ofcourse there will be loads of support for the unit, that' s not being disputed. But companies like Capcom have made their 2006 announcements already (mostly), and Microsoft have deals with then regarding both Lost Planet and Dead Rising.

I' m not saying Capcom won' t be supporting PS3, ...i already noted that it was getting Resident Evil 5 like 360, and Devil May Cry 4 (PS3 exclusive), ...and yes PS3 will likely see more games fom Capcom that are exclusive to the platform. But if PS3 isn' t going to be released in Europe this year (maybe not even the US), then eveidently it serves Capcom to release multiple titles on 360.

PS2 wasn' t ALWAYS going to get RE4, ...it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive title and there was some argument amongst the development staff and Capcom CEO' s about it. In the end, it suited Capcom to port the title over to PS2 because otherwise there would have been a large gap between their last ' current-gen' game and their first ' next-gen' game.

If for exactly that reason that DMC3, Onimusha Whatever and RE4 are being ported to PC. Not only do they need to remain visible on the market but the money they make on those titles will at least balance their costs out.

I' m have nothing against anyone here (except lollypop) and i don' t mean to be as aggressive as i sometimes end up being, ...but there are people here who genuinely have a very good understanding of the games industry, and it' s frustrating when what you say is thrown back at you.
Vx Chemical

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 01:23

PS2 wasn' t ALWAYS going to get RE4, ...it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive title and there was some argument amongst the development staff and Capcom CEO' s about it. In the end, it suited Capcom to port the title over to PS2 because otherwise there would have been a large gap between their last ' current-gen' game and their first ' next-gen' game.

Actually as far as i remember, it was Capcom inverstors and board, that saw it as a real bad idea to keep it on the " smallest" of the consoles, the devs werent too keen on the porting of it to begin with!
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 01:37
That' s what i said. The development staff weren' t happy about oprting it to PS2.

Substitute my CEO for your investors/shareholders and yeah, it' s right!
ginjirou

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 01:52
I wanted the game to stay GC exclusive as it gave the GC some credit in the end. But as it has been released on the PS2 I am glad that it is now released for the PC as well. That way as many people as possible will be able to enjoy that wonderful game. People who own Xboxes + PC/only PC will now be able to play it. I understand why they don' t releaqse it for the XBox. Maybe an 360 remake/port will come in the future. Or it might even be included with RE5?
Hopefully this might get some PC gamers to buy 360/PS3 when RE5 is released.
I' m very intrerested in how the controlls will work. I assume the mouse will be used for aiming which should work great. And since RE4 doesn' t use the analog functions of the analog sticks when walking, the regular FPS WASD setup with SHIFT as run/walk key should also work very good.
I hope they include the PS2 extras in the PC version. Does anyone know what will be included?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 9 Feb 06 17:53:53 >
Nitro

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 01:57
Yeah it definately gave the Gamecube something it was missing, and it looked absolutely gorgeous!!!

The controls for games ported from consoles are generally poor. I think it will actually be played better with a pad than a keyboard & mouse.

ginjirou

RE: Resident Evil 4... for PCs? Why not for Xbox? - Feb 10, 2006 19:24
Ubisoft are supposed to be involved with the PC port right? As far as I know they' ve got lots of experience from games released for both consoles and PCs. So I think they' ll make it work just fine. Not as good as with a regular controller (which I prefer for all games except FPS) but good enough. And I guess you can use a PC UBS-controller or something like that as well.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message