Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS4 has gone gold
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 05:10
ARGH HYPE OVERDRIVE.... Not really but some of you properly are...

Source
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 05:12
I' m so looking forward to this game, you' ve got no idea.

Worst part about the whole thing is, I won' t be able to play it for months... I still don' t have a PS3![:' (]
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 05:35
Exactly 31 days! I can' t wait any longer!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 05:59
Im pretty cool about the game, im looking forward to it! but im not about to explode.

Chimura

RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 06:02
Newest MGS4 Trailer

OMG! This is going to be explosive!!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 06:59
I never liked the previous MGS games. I played the first and second one a bit. I thought the gameplay was too slow and boring, and from what I' ve read the story seems pretty dumb, even by videogame standards. For a series that relies so heavily on it' s story telling, I don' t understand why it has been so popular so far. Don' t you people read books? The MGS story so far is junk. The worst thing about MGS4 is the fact that I have the mispleasure of reading the story of previous games on wikipedia just so I' m not missing anything for MGS4.

MGS4 on the other hand is different. From the cut scenes that I' ve seen, the story actually looks like it was written by adults. Instead of having a linear story with one dimensional characters. MGS4 seems like it' s built on a tapestry of sub plots painted with many themes. I wouldn' t be surprised if they hired outside writters. Gameplay enhancements won' t hurt either.
Chimura

RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 07:26
I can see where you' re coming from Ghost. The thing is, MGS is the closest thing to a book available on a videogame, a sic-fi kind of book at least. A lot of it is linear, because that is the structure of the game, but you have to take your time and explore everything. For example, calling the characters on the codec, they show a surprising amount of depth, which you really can' t learn from the story alone.

I guess the only way to really experience it is to actually play the games, wikipedia does not do justice to the storylines.

MGS4 seems like it' s built on a tapestry of sub plots painted with many themes. I wouldn' t be surprised if they hired outside writters. Gameplay enhancements won' t hurt either.

Some of these sub-plots have already begun in the previous three installments (and the NES ones included) in some way or another
< Message edited by chimura -- 13 May 08 23:27:54 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 11:55
I' m definitely looking forward to this game, I just hope I manage to get some time in with Grand Theft Auto 4 before the game is released, but at the rate I' m going, who knows!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 14, 2008 23:46

nstead of having a linear story with one dimensional characters.

Agent you must finsh a mgs game.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: MGS4 has gone gold - May 15, 2008 00:25
Its not really the story in an MGS game, since thats traditionally just been - " Ugh, merral geeeer, merryl.." in the first part, a mix of Titanics love story and evil AI shenanigans in the second, and cold war conspiracies gone senile in the third.

The animations and controls are a little stiff too imo.

For me at least, the whole appeal is the overall style of the games that you dont get it in other games. The first hour of MGS1 has always been one of my favourite gaming moments, with the music and the credits going as you' re playing it, having all your options as to how to get across to that lift.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll