Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who here has had a 360 breakdown?
James_N

• Total Posts : 55
Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 13:12
I own a launch console and after about a year it has finally given me the 3 red lights. Just wondering who else here has had to get their console replaced?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 13:31
I have gotten the red light of doom a couple times in the past but nothing that a reboot didn' t help.
James_N

RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 13:57
Well my system never had any red lights prior to today, a lock up here and there though. At least Microsoft is going to exchange it with a new one. Just picked up the Logitech Harmony remote for 360 too...was enjoying it too til this happened.[:' (]
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 14:09
I' m REALLY loving my 360 as well.
Which honestly is a surprise to me given how little I touched the original Xbox..
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 15:02
The first 360 I had froze so I sent it back which wasn' t too bad as in Canada by law MS had to pay 100% of a replacement, no repair bullshit. One or two weeks later I had a bran new one, this one works like a charm.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 15:09
I had one die on me, exchanged it for a new one.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 15:15
Mine' s been running perfectly, but that' s probably because my model is from the later Australian release (March). My mate' s 360 is running perfectly too. Apparantly most of the problems came from a production line fault in 05 so this is the one case where I' m glad we got a delayed launch.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 15 Oct 06 7:15:52 >
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 18:10
Had mine replaced by MS due to some compatibility issues and nowdays (once in a month) while playing my screen freezes and i need to reboot. Should i get worried??
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 20:19
I had two break down..

But the third one works great.. Well, not great, but as a console should do
which is normal. It turns off then on and runs DVD9 disks...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 21:04
opps,i came wrong,my ps2 broke around 5 times for me.
xbox360 none so far.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 21:24
No problems with my PAL launch unit.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 22:11
So who is predicting the PS3 to have breakdowns?
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 22:35
As we cram more nad more technology into these little boxes, relibiltiy such as the old megadrives etc.. will be a thing of the past. Especially as the TIE ratio forces component prices ever downwards.

My 360 has had a demo freeze on it once - apart from that no problems with my or my 3 mates launch units here in the UK.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 23:02

MEEE-EEEE!!!

Nah, all launch consoles have some kind of problem, we just don' t know what exactly it will be. I' ve got my money on overheating.

My 360 has had 2 problems since I got it in august. (Manufacture date is in March) Every so often, when I hit the rings after playing, the screen drops the signal like when the console is turned off, but the fan is still running. I' m not sure if this is a measure to prevent overheating or what, but all I do is reboot and shut down again, and it' s fine, it' s not much of a problem.

The other is that every so often, when I eject a disk the tray will open, maybe half a CM, and stops, I just close the tray and open it again, and it' s fine. these only happen maybe once in every 40 times I play.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 23:29

I do

Like Eddie said, most consoles will have launch problems, but i expect it will be the worst for ps3 just from looking at sony' s past.

For example, when my 360 screwed up i called MS and my warrenty had expired a month before but they let me buy an extended warrenty even though they didnt have to.

But my ps2 on the other hand, it broke 3 days before the warrenty expired and i called sony and the said they wouldnt fix it because it couldnt get to them in time, so they wanted me to buy a new one. wtf?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 15, 2006 23:31

My 360 has had 2 problems since I got it in august. (Manufacture date is in March) Every so often, when I hit the rings after playing, the screen drops the signal like when the console is turned off, but the fan is still running. I' m not sure if this is a measure to prevent overheating or what, but all I do is reboot and shut down again, and it' s fine, it' s not much of a problem.

yeah thats normal. Mine use to do that before i bought one of the extra fans
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 16, 2006 00:18

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Does it happen when you habve your controller plugged in to charge? When you have your wireless controller plugged in and you turn off your console part of the 360 stays on to charge the controller. The fans stay on just as a safety measure.

I' m personally on my 3rd 360. I think I' m kinda unlucky since my roomates both have their aunch 360s and haven' t had any problems.
James_N

RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 16, 2006 00:53
I' m in Canada as well so yeah they basically told me that they will take the case off and stick a new system in there and send it back within 14 business days Thats 3 working weeks. Can any of you tell me if MS sends the shipping box post or courier? Cause I' m pretty sure my mom will miss the courier like she usually does...but never for her packages
< Message edited by James_N -- 15 Oct 06 16:53:29 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 16, 2006 02:03
Yeah they send out a courier with the box to return your console in, and he came back to my work to pick it up 3 hours later. 5 days after that, he brought me my new one.

This was a launch concolse, the second one I' ve had no problems wih.

Note that my HD broke down on the original xbox and Microsoft send out a new one. The courier who delivered it took the old one away no questions asked. Thanks to that I had no doubts about buying the 360 because MS Customer service was so good. Not quite as good now they have call centres in India, but still not bad....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Who here has had a 360 breakdown? - Oct 17, 2006 02:29

yeah thats normal. Mine use to do that before i bought one of the extra fans
I' d figured, I bought an intercooler a while back, but it sounded like a jetliner, so I popped it off, now I only use it for lan parties where I' m in a hot room for hours upon hours.

Does it happen when you habve your controller plugged in to charge? When you have your wireless controller plugged in and you turn off your console part of the 360 stays on to charge the controller. The fans stay on just as a safety measure.
iThe controller' s not much of a factor, I' ve counted, and the fan only remains on for 10 seconds or so before it switches off. Like I said earlier, it' s odd, not problematic

Edit: Sw33t new avatar Majik

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message