Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone here into working out or running?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 06:02
I was just wondering if anyone else shared this interest. I used to do a lot of running and was training for a marathon but had to stop due to a knee injury. I' ve recovered and could probably start training again for it but during my break I started lifting weights. I just started a new program to put on some muscle and carve a six pack (which is a pain in the as even though I have like 6% body fat thanks to heredity).

Currently I' ve set up my schedule like this:

Sunday- Rest.
Monday- Chest, arms, and back.
Tuesday- Legs and abs.
Wednesday- Run.
Thursday- Run.
Friday- Chest, arms, back, and abs(light on abs).
Saturday- Legs and abs.

I was going every other day for a while but was wearing out way too fast. I wasn' t getting enough rest. This plan is much smarter and I' ve altered my diet to increase muscle growth while burning fat. So far I think it' s going pretty well.

So anyone else into this stuff?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 06:10
yeah

I' m doing one thing a day - for instance:
Monday - chest
Tuesday - legs

I also train boxing 2 (3-5 normally - 2 times a week is the summer version) times a week and I run on sunday.

Thankfully I' ve always had a six pack - even before I started training and shit :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 06:30
Hahaha, yeah i' ve gone from being puny...

...to not so puny...

...in the past 18 months or so.

Like Gangsta i' m into boxing pretty heavily and i play ice hockey too. Funnily enough i hate football/soccer which is practically unheard of for a young British male.

I' m not into running as much as i was a few years ago and mostly work my legs playing ice hockey. I do more weights than anything else and the usual sit-ups/push-ups etc.

I can' t stick to a healthy diet though. I mean i don' t eat fast food or anything but i have a thing for cakes and chocolate and find it almost impossible to resist. I burn a lot of calories but i have a failr low metabolism and a habit of eating late at night so i could definately do better.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 09:15
Does walking count? I do alot of that. hell I think I do it everyday! ...man, I need a rest.

Aw heck, I never felt the need to go crazy at the gym or nothin' becuase I never felt I needed it, sure i might some day, when I have the equipment and the like.

I dont eat like crazy, I could eat allday if I wanted, but I dont. I dont eat much junk food, but man, I do eat some amount of pizza' s. eh, whatever you want, dont worry about it.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 09:58
I hate sports but pretty soon, maybe this summer I want to start training like a boxer. I always liked boxing, I always wanted to turn my body into boxing condition even if I don' t intend to actually box.

In my college there' s a new gym that has bran new equipment, and its only 75 bucks per sememster for a membership. I think I might sign up.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 13:48
Til this new job comes to starting I dont have time to get to into it. However once it does and my 12hour/5days of week is cut down to 10hour/3-4days I should be more inclined. Cause honestly I seriously need it. Ahg I used to be an athletic individual with endless energy and endurance...but now...just sad...

Once I get myself to reasonable shape I wanna try and take up boxing or even kickboxing.

At the moment tho I got strong firm arms with pathetic legs and a gut that Im tempted to rip clean off if it didnt have such dire consequences...even then Im still tempted. It certainly doesnt help that Im short. BUT ALL SHALL CHANGE SOON ENOUGH!
Rampage99

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 13:55
Very cool guys. Sadly I didn' t get to hit the gym tonight thanks to the hurricane that' s coming through. They closed it down.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 15:54
I used to do a lot of running 10km 4 times a week! but alas my job, girlfriend and then a baby took alot of time away! and i really dont have much time. Iv been thinking of starting to go to the gym which iv also done before, i just need to find the time!

When i get home from work i have like 3 hours till my daugther goes to sleep! So i need to spend time with her! Bad enough that she spends more time with the daycare than she does with me. And after that, will i get 3 hours before i go to sleep, which should consist of quality time with the GF, game time, friend time, and if i cant find time for it working out or running!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 18:34
I train karate twice a week and I exercise at home for the rest of the week to keep in shape.
I hate my body though, no matter how much I train and no matter how much proteins I eat I never get big. I have a Bruce Lee kinda body right now. I want to be bigger but my genes doesn' t allow me to
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 19:59
Better living through chemistry

Just kidding" !
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 20:08

Once I get myself to reasonable shape I wanna try and take up boxing or even kickboxing.

it should be " Once I get myself to reasonable shape I wanna try and take up kickboxing or even boxing"

:)

It may sound like adding legs is actualy harder , but there' s nothing harder than a good boxing training and you can box the shit out of any kickboxer with your hands alone (their trainings don' t focus on hands too much and they are vunerable while kicking) :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 20:41
Kickboxing is for girls. If you' re set on that kind of fighting then learn Muay Thai. Just prepare yourself for broken bones and major bruises.

I went to a Muay Thai class once and got my ass handed to me. I can fight but not against those guys like that. It' s all knees and elbows man, i just want to hit with my fists. Or not hit at all and simply be prepared for any situation that requires me to.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 20:47
My brother used to practise Muay Thai. It' s a crazy martial art. They call it " the ultimate martial art" themselves and I see why. It' s brutal. It originated from the ancient that martial art Krabi Krabong, more info here:
http://www.krabikrabong.it/
Most of the successful proffessional fighters have Muay Thai roots.
You should watch the movies Ong-Bak and Tom Yum Goong with Tony Jaa. Awesome Muay Thai butt kicking!
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 29 Aug 06 12:50:09 >
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 29, 2006 22:43
OK, I' m like the polar opposite of everyone here

I' ve always hated running. I just can' t get past the mental " this is fucking pointless" thoughts in my head. For the entire decade i was in the military my run times SUCKED. It' s not my endurance, I just hate the physical act of running. Runners know that half the effort of running is convincing yourself you want to keep at it.

I think I' m in the worst shape I' ve every been in right now though. A while back I used to love mountain biking. I' d go downhilling pretty much every weekend. Then I moved out of California and pretty much stopped altogether.

Recently I tried to ride my bike home from work...BAD idea. By the time I hit mile 12 my thigh muscles were so tight and cramped I could barely move, much less ride. I actually had to call a ride about 2 miles from my house. It was pitiful.

It' s worth noting that my bike really wasn' t designed for street. Too damn heavy and uncomfortable to ride for long distances sitting down. It rules for downhill though.

I' ve decided that once my legs feel better (that was a week ago and I still can' t fully squat without pain) I' m going to get myself back in riding shape at least.
Rampage99

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 01:02
I have a site for all of you to check out-

[link=nikerunning.com]Nike Running[/link]

When you get to this site on the bar that stretches across the top highlight the " train" tab. then click " Training Log" from the drop down tab. This training log is not just for running but all sorts of physical activities. I' ve been using it for well over a year now. It' s awesome. It' s a good way to keep motivated and track your progress.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 29 Aug 06 12:07:05 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 02:43
Actually I hate running as well. I tend to train my muscles to be the sprint type rather then the marathon type. That is I have high strength and speed but low stamina.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 02:47

ORIGINAL: Rampage99
I just started a new program to put on some muscle and carve a six pack (which is a pain in the as even though I have like 6% body fat thanks to heredity).

Currently I' ve set up my schedule like this:

Sunday- Rest.
Monday- Chest, arms, and back.
Tuesday- Legs and abs.
Wednesday- Run.
Thursday- Run.
Friday- Chest, arms, back, and abs(light on abs).
Saturday- Legs and abs.

I was going every other day for a while but was wearing out way too fast. I wasn' t getting enough rest. This plan is much smarter and I' ve altered my diet to increase muscle growth while burning fat. So far I think it' s going pretty well.

So anyone else into this stuff?

I know what you mean about the heredity thing lol. At the moment i' m doing a bit of stamina and weight training and it' s every other day. Just out of interest rampage what exactly is in your diet to increase muscle mass?.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 04:14
I mostly just play basketball for a workout. I got pretty lucky with my genes so I don' t need to do too much.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 05:54

Actually I hate running as well. I tend to train my muscles to be the sprint type rather then the marathon type. That is I have high strength and speed but low stamina.

I' m also into sprint runs - I take my nano and go for a run , I make short sprints and run slower between them.

I know many people who don' t work out , run or do sports at all - for me it' s impossible - I feel bad when I' m not dog tired at least once a day...I just love that feeling when you totally don' t give a fuck - it' s this relaxing tiredness that I really enjoy :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 29 Aug 06 21:55:36 >
Rampage99

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 07:43

ORIGINAL: dasher232

I know what you mean about the heredity thing lol. At the moment i' m doing a bit of stamina and weight training and it' s every other day. Just out of interest rampage what exactly is in your diet to increase muscle mass?.

My heredity is really funny. I' m skinny as hell (well now I' m more lean since I have more muscle) and can eat as much as I want without gaining a pound. My genes also make me very strong. My dad is huge and strong as hell. He walked out while I was working out with my friend once and lifted our entire wieght rack with everything on it (over 400lbs) with just his arms and he hasn' t worked out since he was in high school. He' s just naturally built. I have an uncle that also was nearly in the oplympics for shot put and discus.

the only problem iwth my family line is the little fat our body stores goes directly to the stomach. we don' t have beer bellies or anything it just makes or stomachs flat with no definition. It' s so freaking irratating.

To fight this my diet is made up mainly of eating a lot of protien. I don' t drink anything carbonated, caffinated, or containing high fructose corn syrup. Water or juices is it. I' ve really cut down on carbs and eat just enough to provide energy for the day. Unused carbs turn into fat for later use. I also don' t eat after 7pm. No carbs after 4pm (that way nothing gets stored while I' m sleeping).This diet doesn' t stop my from eating any of my favorite foods, it just prevents me from eaing the at certain times of the day which I can live with.

I guess it' s worth noting that I' ve never really like sweets. Cakes, candy, and stuff like that really don' t appeal to me so I don' t have a problem not eating those. Even on my own birthdays I usually don' t eat my own birthday cake, lol.

I' ve been doing a lot of research on body building and such lately so if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask. I have a ton of sources including magazines, books, and professional trainers I know.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message