Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Midway instilling Fear and Respect
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Midway instilling Fear and Respect - Sep 24, 2004 03:18
Midway instilling Fear and Respect

The publisher is internally developing a new " urban actioner" with the help of Boyz N the Hood director John Singleton.

The movie and game industries became further intertwined today when Midway announced that it is enlisting director John Singleton to develop " an innovative action adventure video game based in the intense, urban environment of South Central Los Angeles." South Central is familiar territory for Singleton, since it was the setting of his breakthrough film Boyz N the Hood, which led to a career that included the more action-oriented 2 Fast 2 Furious and the remake of Shaft.

Though titled Fear & Respect, the Singleton-Midway game' s setup sounds an awful lot like that of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Players will assume the role of " a ' retired' OG" (which is " street" for " original gangster" ) who is sucked back into a life of crime. According to Midway, players will " shoot and brawl [their] way through multiple levels of gameplay, in an attempt to help [their] crew against the backdrop of a sweltering South Central summer."

As the title Fear & Respect would lead you to believe, the reputation of a player' s character will be of paramount importance. Midway' s release implies that players will be able to choose between good and evil paths in the game, KOTOR-style, with the outcome causing their " enemies to look at [them] with fear--or with respect," according to Midway.

Midway has slotted Fear & Respect for a holiday 2005 release for the Xbox and PlayStation 2. The publisher has announced that it will reveal more details about the game early next year, and GameSpot will be sure to bring them to you.

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: Midway instilling Fear and Respect - Dec 28, 2004 23:45
Wow! GTA feel with a Fable hook? sounds like a winner to me! the South Central thing might turn ppl off. Why are ppl so quick to be a Mobster, but shy away from being a O.G.? someone needs to tell me whats that all about. i think it is a good thing that GTA showed the gangsta way of life. it was not all about selling the " YeaYo" and drive-bys. gangs are about protecting yourself in the hood. i think ppl think that all gangs are about selling drugs are shooting ppl. GTA showed that they were not bad guys but street soidlers. ppl like the fact that they can say" Look at the bad guys in the gangs" . but when they see gangstas as good guys, they are confused then put off by that fact. Mobsters are cool and ppl respond to them more is because thy are gorlyfied more in the moives as " Smooth talking, suit wearing wise guys."

but that is me just rableing. tell me what you think. i would like to hear from someone elses side.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll