Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Orange Box 360 [Updated Jul 08]
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Mar 28, 2007 09:14
I think somebody should mod the 360 into the ps3 case, and then have a ps3 styled nintendo nes. you can stick a 360 into that too. Infact, I want a 360 in everything!

Toaster 360 will probably end up being higher build quailty than the real 360.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Eddie' s Gears of War Casemod - Mar 29, 2007 08:09
Interesting theory. The wiring would be a total bitch, but it' s possible. I don' t have that kind of hardware expertise sadly, but I' ll definately toss around the idea on the Xbox-Scene forums. Those guys scare me.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Apr 07 15:37:53 >
Eddie_the_Hated

Eddie' s GoW Hand-Painted Faceplate - Apr 26, 2007 09:17
This one I did today for a client. He wanted something gears, but he still wanted the box to look white.

It' s hand-detailed acryllic paint with the " blood" flecked on with an old toothbrush. (Thank you Frank Miller) I snapped these pics just after I got finished flecking the red on it.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Apr 07 3:37:35 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 26, 2007 09:36
Hey, thats not Bad.

Do me one?

A SEGA logo and Dreamcast 2 with that swirl
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 26, 2007 10:39
Xbox 360 is the true successor to Dreamcast. They shoulda had a sega swirl instead of the ring of light. And the swirl could light up woah that would be awesome. Make me one kthxbai.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 26, 2007 13:57
Sorry if you already answered this but did you have to sand the 360 before painting it?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 26, 2007 17:02
Yes indeed he did.

Casemodding an Xbox 360

-Dusted the case with black paint to set saw/dremel lines
-Cut case
-Sanded case
-Smoothed edges

Click to enlarge

-Painted all the little fiddly bits. (IE HDD, Grills, Drive Bezel & Buttons)
-Wetsanted bits
-Painted bits again...
-Wetsanded bits
-Painted bits
-Clearcoated bits
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 26, 2007 23:37

Sorry if you already answered this but did you have to sand the 360 before painting it?

It' s a really good idea. It' s not 100% neccesary, but it gives you a much nicer finish for sure.

Seriously though guys, I need a bit of input. I need something different for each side of the case. I know one side is going to have the Gears cog, but I' ve got nothing in my mind for the right side. Suggestions? I' ll throw you on my shiny references liiiiiist.
Mass X

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 27, 2007 04:03
There' s the big ass chainsaw gun. Im sure there is a way to implement that. Will the 360 be vertical or horizontal? Hard to say. Gears is a badass good game but oddly enough there' s not much to associate it with. Im sure you' d want it tobe seamless with the faceplate. Uhhhg...Ive got nothing right now.

Im gonna need to draw some sketches up real quick to form a better idea. Give me til this evening I should have somthing.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 27, 2007 05:09
Nice work Eddie.
Mass X

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 27, 2007 05:56
So youve got that face plate. Youve got the cog on one side. the only thing I can think of is :
A. Replicate the cog siding

or

B. Thrash the shit out of the oppisite side. Lesions like a chainsaw went thru it. Some bullet holes. A few streaks of blood tho not full on covering of blood. All this realistic in size. Make it look like part of the aftermeth in a good GOW firefight.

The sid ewith the cog symbol. Is it gonna be cut out? Or Just painted on?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 26 Apr 07 21:57:41 >
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 27, 2007 19:56
Front looks nice mate, I know what you mean about the client wishing to keep the white look - any face plates I' ve seen gnerally make the rest of hte case look crap. Personally I wouldn' t have flicked ref over the IR sensor, to give it that clean look - but thats more down to personal taste, keep up the good work mate!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 28, 2007 08:07

B. Thrash the shit out of the oppisite side. Lesions like a chainsaw went thru it. Some bullet holes. A few streaks of blood tho not full on covering of blood. All this realistic in size. Make it look like part of the aftermeth in a good GOW firefight.

The sid ewith the cog symbol. Is it gonna be cut out? Or Just painted on?

Brilliant! You' ll be on my references list next time I log on to Xbox-Scene.

I' m really liking that idea. I' m not sure wether I' ll be dremeling or painting the cog onto the one side, but I' m definately taking chunks out of the right side. I' ve got some empty .308 cartridges that I' m dying to incorporate somehow, maybe a window with some lighting... dunno. I haven' t had any time to consider it, no less draw out some real plans.
Eddie_the_Hated

The Orange Box - Mar 28, 2008 04:51
Damn. Took me forever to find this thread again. Curse you Kikizo search engine!

I' m going for a basic orange case, with black accents, and a logo. The case is going to be windowed, with cold-cathode lighting if I can afford it. I' ve hit most of my parts with a base coat, and am just waiting for the snow in the front yard, and rain in the back (no, I' m not kidding) to cut off, and for it to heat up a little more. The case has been worked on every warm day for the past month or so (IE, about 4 days).

As always, questions comments and lots of suggestions are appreciated. Next update on the first warm day I' ve got.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Orange Box - Mar 28, 2008 07:00

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Damn. Took me forever to find this thread again. Curse you Kikizo search engine!

Don' t use the search at the bottom... use this...

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Mar 28, 2008 08:04
I have been.

It took me 10 minutes to realize that it wasn' t searching thread titles at all, and only content within as default.

Mostly user failure, but still irritating.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Mar 29, 2008 21:07
There must be a market for this stuff. Eddie have you considered selling your work. The official faceplates are lame, especially since the rest of the box stays white!

I dont think I could ever be bothered to buy the tools and learn how to do it myself but I' d buy a full pre-prepared kit for about 5-10 quid.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 29 Mar 08 13:09:38 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Mar 30, 2008 01:44

There must be a market for this stuff. Eddie have you considered selling your work.

I do, locally.

Being underage still, PayPal' s an impossibility. Fraudulent credit card registration is a no-go, so eBay' s usually out for me. I sell some work through school, and through a few friends of mine, who pimp me out like a cheap Detroit hooker. Nine times out of ten though, I get a client through a couple repair jobs, and not through modding.

It' s around 40* (Farenehit) currently, and I' m debating whether I should go out and hit the other side of the case, or just wait for a really toasty day...

...decisions decisions.
Elda Taluda

• Total Posts : 13
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 02, 2008 09:59
Case mods have always interested me, but I' m not willing to mess up my 360 in the process as it can do that without my help!

The mods look great btw. Keep it up.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Eddie Opens the (PSP) to Find... - Apr 02, 2008 10:28
Very nice Eddie, very nice
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 68

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages