Double Header w/ Help

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points : 0
Double Header w/ Help - Jan 21, 2007 10:17
Alrighty, here are the problems.

1st. Gears of War has been acting up recently on my 360. I' ll pop it in and ... uh, well ... it sounds like its about to boot up but then it (the fan) stop then the fan starts movin again but then stops and it repeats the cycle. While all this is going on I' m hearing a ' clickin' noise within the councel. It sounds like the same click you get when a CD player doesn' t read a CD. Well, I tried cleaning it but that doesn' t help...

2nd. One of my friends lives out in the country so ever now and then he comes over here and we jump on Live together. Well, he came over here and brought his HDD and we put his HDD on my 360 and he purchases a couple Arcade games. So he gets home and his arcade stuff doesn' t work on his councel. Well, I looked online and I can' t find a way to make his arcade things full versions again... help anyone.

Oh yeah, also sorry I havn' t been around to comment on here as much... Trig and AP English are taking away most of my life nowdays
...Random Madness, Forward...

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Double Header w/ Help - Jan 21, 2007 13:35
For your 2nd question: Did your friend use his gamer tag when he bought the Arcade games? If so he probably needs to connect on Live for them to work, if he used your gamertag then he might be fucked (I' m not sure).

For your 1st question, my advice is to rent Gears of War and see if the other copy works. If not your 360 is dying and you' ll have to do the same as the rest of us and send it back to MS.

If the other copy of Gears works it' s possible your 360 scratched* your copy or the game is cracked for some odd reason (it happend to my copy of COD2). If you see a ring on Gears it' s your 360 that scratched it and it can be repaired with a game doctor (every gamer should have one). If your game is cracked then you' re SOL.

*Moving your 360 even a little when a disc is spinning it will scratch the game severely.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 Jan 07 5:37:04 >

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: Double Header w/ Help - Jan 22, 2007 00:29

Did your friend use his gamer tag when he bought the Arcade games?

Yeah, he was under his gamertag that he had on his HDD. So there is no way we could like make it so we can play his arcade games without him gettin on Live?
...Random Madness, Forward...

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Double Header w/ Help - Jan 22, 2007 02:16
I think MS made it so that you need to be connected to play some of the arcade games. He doesn' t need a gold account just an ethernet cable connected to his 360. Personally I find this very fustrating, I share the modem so I don' t always have it and this prevents me from playing Geometry Wars whenever.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Double Header w/ Help - Jan 22, 2007 07:43
All your Live Arcade games that you buy are connected to your gamer tag and to some extent, the console serial number they were downloaded on. That way if you ever delete one, you can re-download it at a later time without needing to buy it again. At least, that' s the concept.

So I take it your friend doesn' t have Live/Broadband access when he' s at his place? Perhaps you could try getting him to bring his entire console over to your place, delete the arcade games and then re-download them. All of this would be done on his console. If that doesn' t work, call tech support and see if they can help you.