Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IPHONE!!!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 12, 2007 18:35
You make phone calls with your phone? Haha what a retard you are.
Everyone knows that you use PC' s with IP-phone services to make calls and the cell phones as media hubs.
The PSP is a photoalbum and the DS is a cook book.
The iPhone is something cool you buy to compensate for your own lack of coolness. That' s why I don' t buy iPhone.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 13, 2007 06:56
I just took a look at your avatar after reading that post Ginji, it was perfect!

Here' s my moment of brashness.

Apple FTW
iTunes is for the criminally stupid, or the criminally rich.
Quicktime bites.

I like Apple, but I absolutely hate their iTunes Bu11sh17. It' s sound business, & it' s great for non-techies, but there' s so much better out there. Not to mention, the way they handle videos is total crap.

As for the whole game with music+phone+game thing, I' ve got devices that do all of those 3x better than any multitasking device.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 13, 2007 08:15
....wow....

....i just watched Job' s keynote iphone presentation in full (this link actually works), and it just utterly destroys every forced negative comment in this thread (especially the part about other smart phones, lol)...

...has anyone other than chee saw watched it?... ..fucking awesome, weather you love apple or not..... ....goddam... ...the bit when he calls employees in the audience, and then when he calls starbucks...

...truly masterful....

.....too bad Zune only just came out, it almost had a half a chance...

....naawt..
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 13, 2007 09:53
Going on what bish said, I watched the video....

...I watched the entire 1 hour 30mins of it, the whole thing is just Fantastic, the way you scroll through music and watch videos is Awesome, The touch Screen is the way of the Future for Moblie Phones Seriously, I have been waiting for the ipod with touch screen that you could turn sideways and play video on the entire front, I just didn' t think it would be on a phone.

The internet looked slower, but nothing unmanageable, the fact it uses wifi is great. I loved the Stylus joke by the way. The phone brings up music and photos on the fly, which i Like, no waiting around to start the ipod, it even sychs with itunes, which is a minus, but for a phone this cool, its got to have brawbacks.

And it does, the price, for the 4gb,499$[4gb] and 599$[8gb]. thats alot. Ps3 alot. And the battery isn' t very powerful, at 4-5 talk time and 16h music play. But really thats it. So far. But he really went through almost every feature. For the money you pay, its worth it.

Come Q4 2007. This is Mine.

.....too bad Zune only just came out, it almost had a half a chance

In fairness, Zune was dead before Microsoft Announced it.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 13 Jan 07 1:54:53 >
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 13, 2007 20:38
I mean c' mon guys, of course his presentation makes the iPhone look impressive, it' s a damn live commersial.
Of course he makes everything with the product seem amazing.
It' s not a documentary, everything he says is not the ultimate truth. Just try not to listen to what he says, just look at the product, its spec charts and what it actually offers.
It' s quite impressive, so it' ll definitely be worth buying for some people, but it' s not the revolution Apple claims.
It' s a slight refinement of earlier cell phone features.

I' m looking forward to upcoming cell phone conventions this spring to see how the other cell phone manufacturers deal with this.
They have probably been working with the same ideas as Apple but now maybe someone pulls a Sony and does a last minute copy

and then when he calls starbucks...

I could do the same thing on my phone but much quicker. The only difference was that since Google automatically links to their wap-site I didn' t get a cool design as the iPhone got.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Jan 07 13:19:26 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 13, 2007 23:04
Bishonen

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 14, 2007 02:36

I' m looking forward to upcoming cell phone conventions this spring to see how the other cell phone manufacturers deal with this.
They have probably been working with the same ideas as Apple but now maybe someone pulls a Sony and does a last minute copy

...anyone having anything even approaching what the iphone does is wishful thinking, especially since it' s based around the ipod and Apple' s own particular niche ideals, rather than the " me too" attitude of most handsets...

....you certainly have a point about just how closely traditional cellphone manufacturers will try and rip-off the iphone though... ...although Apple will be hoping the 205-odd patents they filed in regards to the iPhone will help stop the gazzillions of cheap imitations that the ipod was privy too....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 13 Jan 07 18:50:03 >
Silentbomber

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 14, 2007 03:20
I can see the next sony walkman phone to be a direct competetion to this.
Bishonen

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 14, 2007 03:35
...yeah, it' ll be interesting to see how Sony respond to iphone...

...they' re inventive enough to come up with their own good design solutions, but i doubt they have the clout to producing anything half as revolutionary as iphone, especially since Analysts are apparently describing the iphone as a " wake up call" to the mobile communications industry...

....btw, check out the sweet CBS demonstration......
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 14, 2007 04:38
You guys are fucking stupid when you fall into Apples brainwashing when you are calling it revolutionary! Shit, it' s nice and all but it does nothing revolutionary.
Silentbomber

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 14, 2007 08:31
Ah heck Ginjirou, it had me at scrolling. Its not revolutionary, its a phone, but it is 5 years ahead. And heck, I never used anything like it before.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 11:42

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

You guys are fucking stupid when you fall into Apples brainwashing when you are calling it revolutionary! Shit, it' s nice and all but it does nothing revolutionary.

I think you' re missing the point, ginjirou. Apple makes things work the way they SHOULD work. If you look at the video, the way you access everything is intuitive, and elegant in it' s design. Maybe all of the features aren' t " revolutionary" , per se, but they are certainly " evolutionary" . Hell, the visual voice-mail IS revolutionary! It' s only a matter of time before people won' t accept anything else!

Other cell phones seem designed by nerds. iPhone seems developed by artists. In other words, the learning curve for other phones is great, while with the iPhone it' s not.
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 18:38

I think you' re missing the point, ginjirou. Apple makes things work the way they SHOULD work. If you look at the video, the way you access everything is intuitive, and elegant in it' s design. Maybe all of the features aren' t " revolutionary" , per se, but they are certainly " evolutionary" . Hell, the visual voice-mail IS revolutionary! It' s only a matter of time before people won' t accept anything else!

Other cell phones seem designed by nerds. iPhone seems developed by artists. In other words, the learning curve for other phones is great, while with the iPhone it' s not.

At least someone who makes some sense.
Yes the iPhone, while not a revolution, is an evolution in that it simplifies already existing technology.
However, all cell phone manufacturers have lately been doing the same.
You are right now comparing the iPhone with existing phones already on the market but you should wait until the traditional cell phone manufacturers present their latest products that will be in direct competition with the iPhone.
If the next iPhone supports 3G and the competitors can' t come up with anything better than they already have on the market today, then I' ll buy an iPhone too. Heck, I might even buy two because it does have scrolling
But many existing cell phones are easy too, you' re listening too much to Jobs bullshit about smartphones that aren' t smart and this and that. His picture showing the difficulty of cell phones was a smart move but it' s an ad.

Anyway, one thing I find disturbing with the iPhone is:
Touchscreen, slim and big screen = It might be difficult to hold it with one hand.
I always use my cell phones in one hand.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 18:41
Bluetooth headsets dude. None of this holding the phone up to your face rubbish.
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:08
Headsets are good for conversations, but if you' re surfing the web a headset doesn' t do much.
If you are happy with just using a headset then any phone on the market today will be good for you.
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:13
Yeah, but the thing is touch screen ans the browser will be fully functioning HTML. Using two hands will be necessary.
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:18
I don' t get it.
I' m visiting normal websites on my current cell phone. No wap shit.
I' m using one hand.
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:22
Perhaps it' s because i wouldn' t use a touchscreen without a stylus thus making using two hands mandatory.
ginjirou

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:25
I remember Jobs saying you won' t be using a stylus with the iPhone.
He said we will be using our natural pointing devices, our fingers. I hope the screen won' t get all greasy.
Nitro

RE: IPHONE!!! - Jan 15, 2007 19:27
He can do as he pleases. I' ll be using a stylus, and if it doesn' t work properly then i won' t go near the thing. Scratched greasy screens are not my bag baby.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message