Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What a town I live in.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 12, 2007 01:58
Basically, about 1% of the human population are ' psychotic' genetically.

They are born without some of the social instincts that for example, tell us not to kill another human being.

In tests, the brainwaves of these people remain the same whether you ask them to think about a sofa, or a dismembered corpse.

This means they are so detached from the immorality of murdering, killing or raping, that they basically view it as ordinary or don' t care.

That' s one form of psycho; the others are jerks, plain and simple. Whatever anger issues, or psychosis that prompts them to commit extreme crimes like rape or murder, they themselves are just born or raised that way =/ Because there are always people just like them but who never hurt another human being, and they can' t use such things as reasons or excuses.

As for local crime, Singapore' s famous for being a safe country, but the last really frightening things were the spate of dismembered or beheaded corpses that turned up last year. One was a murder by a maid on a maid, and the body was dumped behind a wall in the shopping hub of the country. The other was an affair gone wrong and parts of the woman' s body washed up in the river and her feet was found in the garbage dump.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 12, 2007 04:01
....been watching ' The Cell' huh?....
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 12, 2007 16:28
Lol, you know, I actually forgot which movie I got that from!

Anyway, I did cross-checked it after that. It was more or less accurate.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 12, 2007 22:35
...it was, but they seemed to miss the most common, glaringly obvious reason for such behaviour:

its fun...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 13, 2007 14:07

Basically, about 1% of the human population are ' psychotic' genetically.

1% is also the same percentage of people born wth Schizophrenia. Which is also genetic and is common everywhere. You think being Psychotic is bad? Being Psychotic is just one feature of Schizophrenia along with delusions and hallucinations. Schizophrenia is seriously fucked up. It' s the only mental condition that you can actually use as an excuss for murder. When people get away with murder due to insanity, it' s always Schizophrenia. People with this truely don' t know what they are doing.

The movie " A Beautiful Mind" is a movie that does a good job of expressing exactely what this illness is.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 13 Jan 07 6:09:34 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: What a town I live in. - Jan 15, 2007 23:51
funny but possible statistics. i heard 1 in 3 people displays psychotic behavior. I don' t doubt it.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message