Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The new menu row is great!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 19, 2006 08:03

ORIGINAL: Tiz

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

..i love being reminded how of Tré-cool my avatar is...

Everybody knows mine is the best!

Er -herm...

It' s custom designed/drawn too.

But yours is only the 2nd biggest so nur!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 19, 2006 08:08
I dont think anybody else has custom made their avatar to fit with the kikizo backround!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 19, 2006 09:19
True. But actually, Magic' s one is too large. It should be 100x100. Downsize or we' ll get power-tripped on your arse. Romford bouncer style. :P
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 19 Dec 06 1:19:54 >
Silentbomber

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 19, 2006 09:22
I told you to move your fat ass majik. Now adam is going to have to do it for ya.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 19, 2006 12:16
It looks like we all have a superiority complex with our avatars...
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 20, 2006 04:54
....hey, anyone seen LowIQuez recently?...
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 20, 2006 05:00
pretending to be gangsta eh?
He used to call Quez lowIQuez. AH, those were the days

Bishonen

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 20, 2006 07:10
...they were...

...d' ya think quez' s old sparing partner sometimes lurks here?...
Adam Doree

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 06:39
So, I just fixed the recent bug that meant people had to log in each time they came back to the site. You should be permanently logged in after your next login, or your current login if you logged in after this post was made.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 06:44
sweet!
Silentbomber

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 07:58
What happens if somebody comes posing as me, when its not me, and starts to spewing mindless crap!?

God Damn it, My reputation is at risk! I got to put a Million passwords on my Windows account right now, hell I don' t have a Windows account! My god they have me where they want me!, but not anymore ha ha! I don' t trust that Family of mine.
Adam Doree

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 08:08

What happens if somebody comes posing as me, when its not me, and starts to spewing mindless crap!?

God Damn it, My reputation is at risk! I got to put a Million passwords on my Windows account right now, hell I don' t have a Windows account! My god they have me where they want me!, but not anymore ha ha! I don' t trust that Family of mine.

I think this missive would have been better off in this fucking bizarre-o-thread:
http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=88226&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Everyone put the Christmas Crackpipe down.
Adam Doree

RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 09:58
Made some more tweaks:

- Click any member' s picture to go to their profile.
- No more avatar/profile pic confusion on profile settings page.
- Click top ' the kikizo forums' graphic to go to forum front.
- Search works better
- And other stuff that is really, really boring.

The things I get up to when I can' t face putting reviews up or doing a tax return...

Enjoy...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 13:10
Awesome! I love being able to press " PREVIEW" when typing a post and having it open a new window. Not sure how long that' s been enabled but I really like that. Great work on the other fixes/additions as well.

I have a few suggestions on things I' d like to see:

-Width based on percentage instead of fixed pixels. This shouldn' t affect the ads, which would remain fixed pixel, of course. I just really hate skinny forums.

-Perhaps instead of a " Quote original" button in the reply window, this function could be reduced to a " Quote" button that is on each post itself, and when pressed the text of the post is automatically wrapped in quote tags. I suggest this because I usually just press the POST REPLY button or the

on the very last post at the bottom to reply. Perhaps this button could become the QUOTE button and automatically do this, reducing redundancy. The only problem I see as that this button is labeled as " post.asp" . I am probably delving too far into this. :)

-As you can see with the icon in my above suggestion, it looks severely distorted. I suggest getting rid of the " Kikizo Games | Media Viewer" page with the exception of images that are wider than a predetermined amount, say 640 or 800 pixels wide. Anything smaller should be displayed at its real size within the posts without having to click on it to see the actual size. This would enable bigger images in the posts as well as prevent horizontal scrolling required by larger images.

-Give fools like me a few minutes to correct typos and whatnot before " EDITED BY" shows up on our posts.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 31 Dec 06 5:14:12 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The new menu row is great! - Dec 31, 2006 14:51
yeah, I didn' t figure out how to quote people until a few weeks ago because it is hidden so well.
Silentbomber

RE: The new menu row is great! - Jan 01, 2007 01:00
I usually end up copying and pasteing the text I want.
Adam Doree

RE: The new menu row is great! - Jan 01, 2007 01:16

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Awesome! I love being able to press " PREVIEW" when typing a post and having it open a new window. Not sure how long that' s been enabled but I really like that.

Yeah - that' s always been there... :P

I have a few suggestions on things I' d like to see:
-Width based on percentage instead of fixed pixels. This shouldn' t affect the ads, which would remain fixed pixel, of course. I just really hate skinny forums.

Sorry, no can do. We did this for a while but there can only be one choice. We prefer fixed with for the same reason newspapers have columns and news websites rarely have a content column wider than 640 or 800. However, I will look into seeing if I can create a setting that lets you change this as a user to full width.

-Perhaps instead of a " Quote original" button in the reply window, this function could be reduced to a " Quote" button that is on each post itself, and when pressed the text of the post is automatically wrapped in quote tags. I suggest this because I usually just press the POST REPLY button or the

on the very last post at the bottom to reply. Perhaps this button could become the QUOTE button and automatically do this, reducing redundancy. The only problem I see as that this button is labeled as " post.asp" . I am probably delving too far into this. :)

Um, well, what I' ll do is change those symbols at the top-right of every post to be simpler. Remove the ones nobody ever uses and have WORDS for " reply with quote" , " edit" , etc. I also think these should be at the bottom of the post not the top.

-As you can see with the icon in my above suggestion, it looks severely distorted. I suggest getting rid of the " Kikizo Games | Media Viewer" page with the exception of images that are wider than a predetermined amount, say 640 or 800 pixels wide. Anything smaller should be displayed at its real size within the posts without having to click on it to see the actual size. This would enable bigger images in the posts as well as prevent horizontal scrolling required by larger images.

Can' t think of an easy way to program this. Originally created the image viewer for here to avoid page stretching, but it depends on user patters and what people post. I don' t want it turing into a retard parade a la opa-ages.com, fun though that may be.

-Give fools like me a few minutes to correct typos and whatnot before " EDITED BY" shows up on our posts.

Agreed, will try to get this in.

Most " major" enhancements will appear once software is truly upgraded, all these smaller things are just code hacks and alterations/additions. But the more modified it is, the less comfortable I am about a blanket upgrade... we' ll see.
Silentbomber

RE: The new menu row is great! - Jan 01, 2007 01:45
Dont change the style, I like the style, what your doing now is great, building on something solid and working your way up.
Bishonen

RE: The new menu row is great! - Jan 01, 2007 23:41

yeah, I didn' t figure out how to quote people until a few weeks ago because it is hidden so well.

....i still don' t know....
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The new menu row is great! - Jan 02, 2007 11:30

I dont think anybody else has custom made their avatar to fit with the kikizo backround!

I made mine to match the K logo, then the next day they changed it.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message