Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 05, 2006 19:54

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I' m thinking of killing myself...

Are you gonna YouTube it???

Ah, well...
I can' t do it LIVE, but after I' m done I' ll make sure to put it up.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 05, 2006 22:39
I' ll be at home with the family just hangin out. For me that' s the best way to spend the holidays.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 06, 2006 06:01

I' m going to be spending both at Lake Louise in Alberta Canada...

Envy...

You snowboard? Awesome.

.Are there and Canadian specific traditions i need to know in advance???

Oh, and what the hell is eggnog???
You don' t have Nog in the UK??? Huh, go figure. Before you go on a total binge on the stuff, see if there' s non-alcoholic nog there, because unless you really really like the flavor, getting hammered on nog is like smoking 10pounds of copier paper and a pinchfull of Marijuana. You' ll get full before you get toasted.

Seriously, it' s got more calories than a deep-fried chicken milkshake. Don' t let that put you off the stuff though, it' s actually quite good as a treat.

What am I doing for Christmas Eve? A pleasant gathering with my Dad' s Welsh side of the family over my house. I might even try to explain Videogames to my grandfather. He' s an amazing man, and he says he' s too old to learn this stuff, but I bet if I put him in front of a Wii...

What am I doing for Christmas Day? Spending time at the " Annual Midwest Polish Dysfunctionality Contest" ... AKA... The other side of the family. Alone, we' re all nice people, but throw us in a brightly-lit, festive-looking, great-smelling cozy kitchen with family and friends, and it can get pretty ugly. I think there' s a reason my relatives houses are always extra cheery-looking this time of the year.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 20, 2006 02:10
Have a great Christmas & New Year guys! I' ll catch up with you in January!

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 20, 2006 05:32
Several years ago a friend of mine and I started a tradition of hanging out in New Orleans, his hometown, for New Year' s. It' s great because we can briefly check out the tourist madness that occurs there in the French Quarter, but then retreat to some very cool areas that only the locals know about.

Ever since Katrina it' s more important than ever for me to continue visiting there... not only to really understand the scope of the devastation that' s occurred, but also to make some contribution to the local economy as they struggle to recover.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 20, 2006 17:46
me and my girlfriend are having a christmas party for her parents and younger brother, after that we are going to my grandmas, and then my parents. so its family family family!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 20, 2006 20:07

Have a great Christmas & New Year guys! I' ll catch up with you in January!

Thanks Majik. Have a great Christmas and New Years as well!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 21, 2006 02:44

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

me and my girlfriend are having a christmas party for her parents and younger brother, after that we are going to my grandmas, and then my parents. so its family family family!

Vx, I have money and am bored.... Can I fly over for Christmas?

I' ll bring a rum cake.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 24, 2006 13:27
Ok, so for some of you it' s Christmas tomorrow so i wanted to just hop on and wish everybody a Merry Christmas again! Enjoy yourselves guys

As for me, i' m way above sea level playing in the snow...

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 24, 2006 13:48
The level looks great, but the character model needs work.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 24, 2006 14:47

The level looks great, but the character model needs work.

Plus it' s only running at 30 frames per second and I think I saw jaggies!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Dec 06 6:47:42 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 24, 2006 16:05
Speaking of snow.... The weather is doing some pretty fucked up shit this winter. I live in Quebec/Canada one of the places in the world in which it snows the most. Usually it starts to snow in November and by this time we sometimes have it up to out knees and by January/Feburary we can have blizzards that bury cars.
At this time of year this is a typical sight in the morning:
http://www.psia-nw.org/images/Images/V%20The%20Results%20of%202%20Days%20Snowfall%20@%20Condo.JPG

By January there is 4 to 8 times more snow than what you see in the picture.

This year I see no snow where I live. It looks like this will be my first Christmas without snow. I mean wtf?! Vancouver gets snow but not Quebec, shit it even snowed in Texas, TEXAS! Not that I' m complaining because this makes traveling easier. The reason I bring this up is to share an amusing anecdote.

Which is this: The other day as I' m walking along one of our main streets as I was waking to the store I see a place that had snow for sale. It was a pile of snow outside with a sign on it saying " for sale" LOL

It' s somewhat of an inside joke but anyone who gets as much snow as i do during winter might find this pretty funny.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: What are you doing for Christmas & New Year' s Eve/Day? - Dec 27, 2006 01:00

This year I see no snow where I live. It looks like this will be my first Christmas without snow. I mean wtf?!

It' s somewhat of an inside joke but anyone who gets as much snow as i do during winter might find this pretty funny.
Yeah, I know, we' re pretty much in the same bucket of crap, being (in the worldly sake) pretty darn close. Only a couple hundred miles or so I think. It' s insane not having snow on the ground now, I miss my snowboard, & I' m seriously envious of Majik right now.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message