Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New PC! Any recommended programs or games?
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 91 of 91
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 02:39
You mean that you dont have the serial number? Or that Steam wont let you play it?

Wait didn' t you just say you were already playing it on your PC?

Anyway, you should be able to play it on different PCs just fine, just not logged in to the same Steam account at the same time. There' s an offline mode though (log in without being connected to the internet), where you can use the same account and play stuff you' ve paid for on different machines at the same time.

But...STALKERs out next month, woohoo! *fingers crossed*
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 04:55
What I meant was I been playing Garry' s Mod more then CS:Source as thats what came with the bundle. My bad.

But as for the other problem. You see I installed the game and once it finished thru all that it asked for the disk code. I entered it in only to get a message saying Duplicate Entry or somthing of the sorts. It gave me the option to reset the code to work for my PC but then that would disable it for my brothers PC. I dunno I' m gonna give it another go later but as for now Im enjoying Garry' s mod quite a bit. And hell come summer I' ll be able to play Half-Life 2 and the inlcuded 5 other games on the 360 anyways.

Edit: It automatically logged me in each time I went to load up the game...tho i could obviously disable my connection for the duration. I' ll see what works later.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6 Feb 07 20:56:49 >
choupolo

RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 07:34
Ah I see, I dont think I got that message when I reinstalled on my new PC. Hm...

Unfortunately you still have to be connected to the internet when you first install the game to activate it. Once activated you can play all your games offline. Valve are sneaky gits really...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 08:14
And that is why PC gaming is a B17ch. Consoles? Pop in the disk, & away you go. No messing with keys, registration, lol-riffic choices that require you to have internet for offline games), or reading passwords from specific parts of the manual. (Anybody else here remember that?)
choupolo

RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 09:26
Heh yea! X-Wing :D

I quite like the pain though with PCs. Call me masochistic! Consoles are good clean fun though.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 07, 2007 09:31
Consoles are what I want to go on after a 12 hour day right before I pass out of exhaustion, PC is my platform of choice on a Saturday when I' m well rested and I have nothing else to do.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Feb 09, 2007 02:48

I have it set up in my living room hooked up to an HDTV

Ive been thinking about hooking a PC to an HDTV for some time now but i dont wanna risk it.Can you share your experience? What are the pros-cons?
And a question about the LCD displays native resolution thingy: is it the same for games? i mean when in a couple of years your card becomes weak do you still have to play games in say 1080p(1920x1080) for them to be shown properly?
Agent Ghost

RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Mar 05, 2007 05:00
" Evil that' s a fucking sweet card. What games have you been playing with it? [I' m waiting until March before I get a new GPU. By then the 8900 series and the X2900 series will be out. ATIs new cards are looking like they will fucking rock."

Shit! ATI pushed back their 2900 series cards to May. Looks like I' ll have to wait ' till the summer for my DX10 card.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Mar 14, 2007 05:47

Heh yea! X-Wing :D

I quite like the pain though with PCs. Call me masochistic! Consoles are good clean fun though.
That game was awesome for it' s time. :D

Yeah, but with PC' s, the safe word is Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphio-paraomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonop-tekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 Mar 07 21:49:26 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Mar 14, 2007 07:09

Shit! ATI pushed back their 2900 series cards to May. Looks like I' ll have to wait ' till the summer for my DX10 card.

Why do you want a dx10 card so soon when partically no games support it yet?
Agent Ghost

RE: New PC! Any recommended programs or games? - Mar 14, 2007 23:32

Why do you want a dx10 card so soon when partically no games support it yet?

Because they kickass, when I built my computer last August I figured I' d settle for a 7600gt untill both ATI and Nvidia release their next gen cards. At the time, it was Janurary/March but since then ATI pushed back their cards twice.

It' s not all about DX10, these cards are monsters, they' ll also be the best for DX9 by far. The first wave of DX10 games like Crysis and UT3 will suport both DX9 and DX10 so you don' t need a DX10 card for at least another year, the reason I want one is because they' re wicked and I' m sick of my entry level 7600gt. A single 8800GTX is beats a 7900GTX SLI. It' s not hard to see how either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_7_Series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series

7600GT:
-Core clock-560 MHz
-Memory clock-1.4 Ghz
-178 million transistors
-12 Pixel pipelines
-5 vertex pipelines
-12 TMUs
-8 ROMPs
-4.48 Gigapixels/s fillrate
-6.72 Gigatexels/s fillrate
-256MB ram @128 bit width
-22.4 GB/s memory badwidth

7900GTX:
-Core clock-650Mhz
-Memory clock-1.6Ghz
-278 million transistors
-24 Pixel pipelines
-8 vertex pipelines
-24 TMUs
-16 ROMPs
-10.4 Gigapixels/s fillrate
-15.6 Gigatexels/s fillrate
-512MB video ram @256 bit width
-51.2 GB/s memory bandwidth

8800GTX:
-Core clock-575 Mhz
-Memory clock-1800 Mhz
-Shader clock-1350 Mhz
-681 million transistors
-126 stream Proccessors (combined pixel and vertex pipelines)
-32 TMUs
-20 ROMPs
-36.8 GigaSomethings/s fillrate
-768MB video ram @ 384 bit width
-86.4 GB/s memory bandwidth

I' m either going to get an ATI 8900GTS (similar to a 8800GTX) or an X2900XT. Depending on which ever performs better.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Mar 07 15:39:47 >
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 91 of 91

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread