Best movie you have seen in the last week?

Alecrein
  • Total Posts : 762
  • Reward points : 0
Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 07, 2006 14:37
This is a toughy for me, I watche the proposition and the departed recently. The Departed would have to take the cake though, best movie I have seen since Memento this year.
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 07, 2006 16:23
IN the last week only? Well then it' d be either Jackass 2 or Grandma' s Boy.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 07, 2006 17:10
I saw Kiki' s Delivery Service by Hayao Miyazaki!

Amazing film!
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 07, 2006 17:19
Are we supposed to be watching multiple movies per week? New movies pretty much suck ass these days so finding even one good (new) movie per week is neigh impossible.

But in this last week I watched The Green Mile and Back to the Future on DVD. Both are good. Back to the Future is better.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 07, 2006 21:35
This week I have been mostly watching Ghostbusters. So good I changed my motto on Xbox live
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Alecrein
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 08, 2006 05:02
Yeah, it is a sad sight when everything coming out is either half-assed or a horrible sequel. This can be any movie, new or old just that you have watched in the last week :)
" What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things."
~ Unknown ~

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 08, 2006 07:12
Best film of last week i think is

Ima, Ai Ni Yukimasu (Be With You)

and i think second to that is Art of Fighting... But i watched a lot of films last week.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

Joe Redifer
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 08, 2006 12:40
Well tonight I watched Braveheart which I hadn' t seen in awhile. I own the Dolby Digital version on LaserDisc. But seeing as how I hate LaserDiscs these days, I decided to go out and replace it with the DVD, and that is what I watched. The sound is the same, but the print they used for the transfer seems extremely dirty. You can see a lot of dirt on bright scenes especially. This drives me up the wall as we were able to keep film prints cleaner for much longer even when they played 5 times a day for 6 months straight. There is no excuse in using such a crappy print in this transfer. I hope the HD-DVD/BluRay/whatever version uses a clean print and I know there are clean prints available. Other than that the picture was sharper than the LaserDisc and, of course, had more vertical resolution due to being anamorphic widescreen.

Good movie, too.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 08, 2006 20:49
Braveheart was one of the first films I watched on DVD. The bit where Mel charges into that Lords room on a horse and smashes him with the morning star is awesome, we watched that frame by frame, I still can' t work out how they did it. One minute the actor is screaming, the next he' s a cracked skull and brains oozing out.

Yum yum!

Go on Scotland thrashing France 1-0 yesterday!!!
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 10, 2006 05:20

But in this last week I watched The Green Mile

Have you read the book? It' s really good. It fills in some of the things that they scraped the surface of in the movie.

This week I saw Forrest Gump, Seven Samurai (again), and Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eight Dimension,

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 10, 2006 07:47
Silent Hill.

I' ve only actually just gotten around to watching it, though i' ve owned the DVD since the day after it was released.

I was apprehensive after the Resident Evil and Doom movies but Silent Hill turned out to be pretty damn good. It probably helped that it was so faithful to the games, though i think the music could have been better.

Basketball.

Still love it!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 10, 2006 15:06
Best movie I' ve seen this week are the CG cutscenes in Square Enix' s PROJECT SYLPHEED for the Xbox 360
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 10, 2006 16:27
Im watching the The Triangle mini series, its not quite a movie, but then again its one long movie. im halfway through, its fairly decent :) but thats all iv seen :P

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 11, 2006 08:23

....i learnt a lot...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 11 Oct 06 21:15:00 >
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Joe Redifer
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 11, 2006 10:03
Her head looks totally Photoshopped on there. They didn' t even try to match the skin color!

Bishonen
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 12, 2006 05:17
...i saw XXX for the first time the other day...

...i loved the beginning with the agent getting killed in that club with Ramsiten pounding in the background... ...it was even cooler when you actually see them on stage with Till doing his fire tricks n' sutff...

...and the following carjack-corvette-off-bridge-basejump-explostion was the best part of the whole movie...

...after a pretty good first 20 minutes the movie nosedives pretty sharply thereafter.. ..it just goes too over the top with that crap in Mexico, and Vinny out-snowbording an avalanche....

...yeah right.....

...and Samuel L Jackson was TOTALLY wasted... ..i think this is the worst movie i' ve even seen him in...

2 out of 5
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 13 Oct 06 12:19:03 >

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 17, 2006 04:15
I saw Terry Gilliam' s Brazil, having nothing to do with the country of the same name. No one else in my family seems to understand it.

Bishonen
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 17, 2006 06:39
...uhhh Eddie, i think ure bother' s calling you names again...

Her head looks totally Photoshopped on there. They didn' t even try to match the skin color!

...looks better now huh?...

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 17, 2006 08:53

...i saw XXX for the first time the other day...

Our little Bishonen' s finally growing up... Oh! XXX... Vin Deisel... nevermind.

...uhhh Eddie, i think ure bother' s calling you names again...
...uhhh nope, I didn' t get a lick of that movie, other than the desk they had to share between two offices, (they just cut a hole in the wall, and stuck a desk in the middle. (Imagine all those romantic comedies with the blanket hogs, only, with a desk, and middle management people fighting to keep their office supplies.)

Dang... That' s Mrs. Quezcatol? I never knew.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 17 Oct 06 0:56:38 >

_Ninja_Protocol_
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 18, 2006 08:25
Well, in the last week I' ve seen two great movies.

Rented: Flight 93
Threatre: Protector
...Random Madness, Forward...

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 18, 2006 11:40
I have only seen one movie this last week...Marine (w/ John Cena).

Must say that i was quite impressed, as I am an action-film fan and this one delivers...BIGTIME!!!!

Cena breaks from his WWE stint long enough to put on an awesome display of bust-ya-in-the-head, no guts/no glory, style of action.

One note...the two main women in this film are " Mucho Caliente" (Very Hot)!!!!

And the big black brother was an awesome addition, as he was insane, sensitive, and quite funny (Want some rock candy?) LOL!

The main bad guy (Emilio Esteves' real-life Dad - the name escapes me) is both crazy and fierce, and makes you believe that he' s been that way all his life.

There were only a few minutes of slow-paced ' filler' , but not enough to bore any movie patron.

The one negative thing I can say is that a few of the scenes were a bit unbelieveable - getting hit in the ribs with a sledge hammer, and still able to get up and fight - was a bit much. However, this is supposed to be a recently-discharged Marine, so he' s still supposed to be in top shape.

Out of 5 stars (the best), I give MARINE 4.7 stars.

If you' re an action film fan, this might just be what the doctor ordered.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 18 Oct 06 3:42:50 >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 18, 2006 16:43
Sounds cool, is it girl friendly? anything i can lure a girl into watching, damn why cant she be more open to films, " i want to watch a comedy, i want to watch a comedy" damn it they dont make fun comedies anymore! im tired of aniston and vince vaughn and Jennifer L and Matthew Mcchanoughgkafrhasfhosahfsahfd bla!
¨
DAMMIT

Alecrein
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 19, 2006 15:12
" The main bad guy (Emilio Esteves' real-life Dad - the name escapes me) is both crazy and fierce, and makes you believe that he' s been that way all his life. "

Robert Patrick played the main villain, but I didn' t know he was Emilio Esteves' real dad...must search.

Edit: Research done, Martin Sheen is Emilio Esteves' dad, he isn' t in the movie. Charlie Sheen is Emilio' s Brother.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 19 Oct 06 7:16:15 >
~ Unknown ~

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 20, 2006 09:35
I haven' t seen a movie in a long time with all the shit I' ve been busy with but I had the chance to squeeze in Lucky Sle7en. Awsome movie, I expected it to be good, but it was more then what I hoped from this one.

I don' t want to spoil anything for those who haven' t seen it but I' ll say that it keeps you guessing till the very end. Everything just works so well together, I' m watching it again...

Alecrein
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 20, 2006 10:57
Lucky # Sle7en was Awesome
~ Unknown ~

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 20, 2006 13:16

" " The main bad guy (Emilio Esteves' real-life Dad - the name escapes me) is both crazy and fierce, and makes you believe that he' s been that way all his life. "

Robert Patrick played the main villain, but I didn' t know he was Emilio Esteves' real dad...must search.

Edit: Research done, Martin Sheen is Emilio Esteves' dad, he isn' t in the movie. Charlie Sheen is Emilio' s Brother. "

My bad...the guy looks like he could be Emilio' s dad...to me, that is.

Vx Chemical,

If you consider that most of the men, including Cena are well-built and you see a few of their chests (maybe more), I think that makes it girl friendly.

Plus, it' s all about Cena getting the love of his life back from the baddies.

Now that directly qualifies Marine as a girl-friendly movie.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 20 Oct 06 5:18:55 >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 25, 2006 11:34
I saw Trailer Park Boys in theaters the other day with two friends. I love the show. Every character in it is a loser, its great. I' m not even sure if its showing outside of Canada and if it is I only recommend seeing it if you are already a fan of the television series. Otherwise you' d think it' s retarded.

Anyways if you do see it, being stoned and drunk makes it ten times more hilarious.

Chickapoo88
  • Total Posts : 187
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 25, 2006 23:31
In the last week I have seen lots of movies. I can' t say that this one was the best but I can say it scared the shit out of me: Pet Semetary.

sweetboy2k
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: Best movie you have seen in the last week? - Oct 28, 2006 09:46
it would have to be lucky number sleven