Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New Movies- what do u want to see?
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Jan 25, 2007 01:34
Video game movies:
I would like to see how these projects will turn out.
Hitman
Halo
Splinter Cell
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 05, 2007 00:00
In Theaters:
Transformers
TMNT
Letters From Iwo-Jima
The Good German
Hot Fuzz (Police Comedy from the " Shaun of the Dead" guys!)
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Mr. Bean' s Holiday
Special
Evan Almighty
The Last Hangman

On DVD:
Borat
Flags of our Fathers
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 05, 2007 00:31
I just saw the trailer for the new Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, and I can' t wait. You don' t see who the Surfer is working for in the trailer, but there' s only one reason why he' s visiting Earth, and theres a gigantic hungry fellow in his wake. Seeing that battle on the big screen is going to be awesome. I know the first FF film wasn' t too hot but it kinda grew on me actually. The battle with Doom at the end could have been better, not as cool as the Ultimate Alliance cut scenes.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 07, 2007 08:16
Dude, it took place on a freaking street corner, a soundstage/CG streetcorner. It' s like the ultimate in poser indie-film chic.

Edit:

Iad umboros
Dark Ninja

Awesome!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 7 Feb 07 0:17:26 >
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 08, 2007 07:49
How did Umbros get that title?

Also, the Transformers movie looked, from the trailer I saw, like it was going to focus more on the humans than the Transformers, so I' m not to sure about it. They didn' t even have any dialogue for the transformers in there, just one quote by Optimus at the end.

Although, admittedly, that was an awesome quote.
< Message edited by he -- 7 Feb 07 23:52:53 >
the_shadowwolf

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 09, 2007 04:05
Recent;y I saw Fearless the DVD not much bonus content but a decent wushu move i enjoyed.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 13, 2007 08:27
Oh, I also want to see " Special" . This guy is either a superhero, or his brain is just projecting a reality where he is a superhero. At least, that' s what I got from the trailer.

Also, it might not be your kind of movie, because it certainly wasn' t mine. But " The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith is excellent. I would definately pay full price to see it again.
the_shadowwolf

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 16, 2007 01:32
Maybe Metal Gear Solid the movie
SubZero

• Total Posts : 7
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 22, 2007 09:09
Half Nelson just came out on DVD and that movie is really good. It is up for an Oscar for Ryan Gosling' s performance... or should I say he is up for an Oscar for his performance in the movie. Here are a few videos from the film

Clip1
Clip2
Clip3
Clip4
< Message edited by SubZero -- 22 Feb 07 1:11:04 >
Iad umboros

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 28, 2007 08:05
I just saw Number 23 tonight. Jim Carey was brilliant in it, it was pretty well done all in all. I' m a slight 23 obsessive myself, although I felt the ending let it down a little. I don' t want to ruin the plot for you, but basically a guys wife buys him a book about the curse of the number 23 and the guy becomes obsessed. They do a good job of blurring reality with his reading the book and picturing himself in it. Very film noir in parts and it had a kind of Sin City feel.

Definitely worth a watch, although I went to see it instead of Hot Fuzz and I suspect Hot Fuzz will be better. I' ll hopefully see that on Friday night and decide.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Feb 28, 2007 22:04
Seen Hot fuss last Night, very Funny, kind of drags in the middle but the ending is just so god damn ridiculous, a must watch even just for the last 30mins.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 28 Feb 07 14:04:36 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 19, 2007 00:13
Congratulations! You all get mini-reviews from me!

Borat

Saw this yesterday, and honestly, it left me a little disappointed. I mean, if you' ve downloaded clips from XBLM or even seen a handfull of trailers, you' ve seen the majority of the movie. There seemed to be a formula for what was funny, and what was not.

Sacha Baron-Cohen in " Kazhastan" , or arguing with his producer in " Kazhastani" = So Wrong You Can' t Help But Laugh

Sacha Baron-Cohen acting gay in front of red blooded gun-slinging Republicans = Incredibly Well Delivered

Sacha Baron-Cohen getting people to make racist asses of themselves on the silver screen = Priceless

Sacha Baron-Cohen and animals, in any part of the movie = Great

Sacha Baron-Cohen saying something rude or taboo and getting a negative reaction = YouTube Had it First [:' (]

Sacha Baron-Cohen getting kicked out of somewhere for doing something lame & irritating = ' Nuff Said

It might look like the funny outweighs the unfunny from my list, but there was just too much of the last two formulas, & not enough of the really great political humor we got with Borat before the movie.

Hot Fuzz

One of the funniest movies I' ve seen this year, no questions asked. Simon Pegg makes a seamless transition from Shaun the unfocused slacker to some huge rulebound supercop who' s name escapes me. The majority of the jokes would have been total flops if it weren' t for the awesome cinematography and great delivery by the actors & cameramen. My personal favorite is the unintelligible farmer with a barn full of unregistered firearms & explosives. (LOL WWI sea-mine!)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 19 Mar 07 20:30:51 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 19, 2007 02:20

from Sean the unfocused slacker

Thats shawn spelled with a h. I' ll let you off this time.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 19, 2007 16:11
I watched Blood Diamond about 2 weeks ago and I liked it a lot. I' m too lazy to write up why, but I think it deserves a rent from the video store at least.

I' m also looking forward to " Blades of Glory" . I love comedies, and Will Farell is hilarious. John Heder is good too. Whenever the trailer is shown at the theaters, everyone laughs, lets just hope the whole movie is as funny.
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 19 Mar 07 8:12:10 >
Iad umboros

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 20, 2007 03:36
Antone see the TMNT previews last weekend? I' m sad, so it' s top of my list after I' ve seen 300 this weekend.
< Message edited by iad umboros -- 19 Mar 07 19:37:11 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 20, 2007 04:30

from Sean the unfocused slacker

Thats shawn spelled with a h. I' ll let you off this time.

Gack! Sean = Shaun... fixed!
the_shadowwolf

RE: New Movies- what do u want to see? - Mar 24, 2007 06:58
Spider man 3 and Rise of the Silver Surfer
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 57 of 57

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages