Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone here into working out or running?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 19:07

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: dasher232

I know what you mean about the heredity thing lol. At the moment i' m doing a bit of stamina and weight training and it' s every other day. Just out of interest rampage what exactly is in your diet to increase muscle mass?.

My heredity is really funny. I' m skinny as hell (well now I' m more lean since I have more muscle) and can eat as much as I want without gaining a pound. My genes also make me very strong. My dad is huge and strong as hell. He walked out while I was working out with my friend once and lifted our entire wieght rack with everything on it (over 400lbs) with just his arms and he hasn' t worked out since he was in high school. He' s just naturally built. I have an uncle that also was nearly in the oplympics for shot put and discus.

I' m more or less the same just naturally toned. And a couple weeks back decided I wanted to get a little bigger not bodybuilder level or anything just to be more rounded for my height. My dad is a bit similar aswell lol, the guy is a giant, doesn' t work out or anything but doesn' t put on too much weight (which gives me a bit of hope for my future lol), and my brother from my dads side is a step down from my dad not as big as him but he doesn' t put weight on either.

I' m addicted to sweet stuff when I get started but I can stop myself though. Any info on body building stuff would be welcomed here (mainly just to check to see different approaches) and stuff like how many days are most effective, diet for building mass, time ost effective for recovery....well anything based around almost.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 20:54
I hardly ever gain weight, but I have this sixpack things since I can remember.

Anyway I have to tell you that you won' t win with your genes Rampage - even if you manage to grow that six pack with diet and trainings , it will disappear when you stop your hard work or go any easier on yourself.

I' ve gained some fat on my stomach (a tiny layer) lately but my six pack is still here - I' m tranining really hard and all the time - if I get more fat - it means it was unavoidable :)

Ramp - you don' t like chocolate and cakes and sweets? YOU MY FRIEND ARE NOT HUMAN!!! :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 30 Aug 06 12:55:59 >
dasher232

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 22:05

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Anyway I have to tell you that you won' t win with your genes Rampage - even if you manage to grow that six pack with diet and trainings , it will disappear when you stop your hard work or go any easier on yourself.

I' ve gained some fat on my stomach (a tiny layer) lately but my six pack is still here - I' m tranining really hard and all the time - if I get more fat - it means it was unavoidable :)

Ramp - you don' t like chocolate and cakes and sweets? YOU MY FRIEND ARE NOT HUMAN!!! :)

Yea how could you not like sweet stuff ramp (though I don' t like chocolate)....
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 30, 2006 22:12

Yea how could you not like sweet stuff ramp (though I don' t like chocolate)....

You bastard...don' t ever talk to me again!

:)
dasher232

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 00:05

You bastard...don' t ever talk to me again!

:)

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 01:00

I understand about the whole six pack thing. Once you get it you can' t give up. My neighbor went through an 8 week program to get an 8 pack and he pulled it off. His workout doesn' t need to be as hard as his previous stuff now. Instead he just does 200 crunches a night which keeps that area tone. He no longer needs to do all the insanely tough stuff he did before.

I for one love lifting and working out so even when I get my six pack I' m not going to quit. My diest was also a big factor. I was used to eating huge meals right before bed. I also ate a ton of carbs because I' m a runner and I needed the energy.Pasta is your best friend the night before a race or difficult practice.Just changing the times I eat certain foods has already started burn fat in my somach. The top two abs are already starting to show only two weeks after chaning my diet and exercise routine.

Lol, yeah, I' m not a fan of sweets. I do have a couple weekensses which are mainly cheesecake and Runts. My mom buys me the 5 pound bags of Runts which I have deemed Heaven in a bag. I love those things! For the most part though sugar really doesn' t do anythiong for me. I' m actually obsessed with salad. Olive Garden' s salad is by far my favorite food. I' ve always ben a sld fiend.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 04:16
I wonder if it' s an age thing...but I never was a salad guy ...untill recently - I love salads of all sorts now and prefer them to any other meal :)
dasher232

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 05:14

I wonder if it' s an age thing...but I never was a salad guy ...untill recently - I love salads of all sorts now and prefer them to any other meal :)

*glares at him from the corner of my eyes*......I like salads somtimes but i' m not an often eater of it. I really like cheesecake and fruit cake (no jokes). To be honest i' m not at all strict with my eating I hate diets so I just eat what I feel like.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 05:17
I eat what I like - I never had any fat problems.The thing is...I like salads :)
dasher232

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 05:26

I eat what I like - I never had any fat problems.The thing is...I like salads :)

Everytime I have salads I have to have mayonnaise.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 05:36
You fuckin robots...you make me sick ...

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Aug 31, 2006 06:53
I am on the atkins diet, That means I only eat people called ' atkins' .

Do you know anyboody like that? Becuase I am starveing! food has been short since that bus load of nuns stopped by.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Sep 01, 2006 05:13
I' ll tell you one thing, if Rampage adds muscle to his towering height, he' s going to be one scary dude that noone ever messes with

And those of you studying Karate, Kick Boxing, and any form of martial arts, I am SOOO jealous of you!!!
I REALLY miss it. Even though I walk alot I feel sooo out of shape.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 31 Aug 06 21:14:14 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Sep 01, 2006 06:58
I ride my bike several times a week for aboout 12-20 miles or so. That might stop starting tomorrow since that' s when my Xbox360 arrives.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Sep 01, 2006 23:26
yeah , it' s too heavy to ride your bike with it.

Definitely post some 360 review when you get it :)
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Sep 02, 2006 01:00
i usually lift some weights or run on the tread mill until the game tells me i can' t do anymore until the next morning...then i run down the block to my house where i can save. sometimes i' ll steal a car on my way and go for a bit of a joy ride...smack some bitches and pay off some hookers. i started out pretty skinny, but i' m pretty ripped now and my gang can beat up your gang...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Oct 07, 2006 11:43

And those of you studying Karate, Kick Boxing, and any form of martial arts, I am SOOO jealous of you!!!
I REALLY miss it. Even though I walk alot I feel sooo out of shape.

Really, what did you do prior to stopping? I' m actually in Iiaido right now (Japaneese Sword), and while it' s not much for actual toning or weight loss, it does wonders for your response time & agility. It really teaches you to think on your feet.

I run on the weekdays, nothing much, just a mile or so on weekdays to keep everything working. I hit the ultimate genetic anti-lottery though. I' ve got my Welsh side' s heart problems/coal miner' s frame, plus my Polish sides height & disposition for extra body fat. I' m by no means stocky/fat, but it' s hard to keep in working shape, no less asthetics (6-pack & that)
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Oct 07, 2006 11:51
My new job requires me to be in decent shape so I really need to get my ass in gear and start somthing. Winter' s coming and altho Im from California and now live in Minnesota Im really more active during the cold cold times. Once the lake I live near freezes over Ima probably doing some running across it.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Oct 07, 2006 12:21
Thought you were gonna say that once the lake freezes over that you were going to play some ice hockey (or some other winter sport).

As for me, I neither run nor work out...too busy with 2 full-time jobs.

On my second job, I eat a small snack and drink a diet soda. That covers my eating from 12 noon through 8-9 a.m. the next morning (so, almost 24 hours with only one solid meal and two non-fattening, but sufficient, snacks - usually pretzels).

I have lost approximately 10 pounds (from 265 to 255) in the last 2 months with an expected drop to about 190 to 200 by this time next year.

Won' t be all muscles, but I will be slim again.

The muscles can be worked on later...when I have more time.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Anyone here into working out or running? - Oct 07, 2006 12:28
I hate ice skates...and rollerblades for that matter. But I may try and do some snowboarding after years of leaving those good times dorment. Ive been living here for a good grip of years yet just last week I found out Im only 30 minutes from a ski resort. So im gonna give that place a lookings at. If I cant board no more then I go sledding! WOoOHOoO! Now whens the last time anyone done some good ol sledding?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message