Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who likes BUSH?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 93
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 10:47
Think of it this way 50% hate and 50% like it. In theory the side that complains seems to be the loudest but with 50/50 split no mater what side gets what they want the other is gonna be more vocal in the matter.

You know what Im saying...cause I barly do. I hate politics...
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 11:06
I' ve been well, dude. Drinking too much, but it' s allright.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 14:01

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Think of it this way 50% hate and 50% like it. In theory the side that complains seems to be the loudest but with 50/50 split no mater what side gets what they want the other is gonna be more vocal in the matter.

You know what Im saying...cause I barly do. I hate politics...

It doesn' t help that the media is liberal biased other than radio and Fox News (the latter being a little too conservative...). The news we get here in the US is complete garabage and anything but the truth.

I' ve been well, dude. Drinking too much, but it' s allright.

Glad you' re doing alright man. What' s caused the intake of alcohol?
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 17:24

The news we get here in the US is complete garabage and anything but the truth.

I guess this is what you´re talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsMcg1ZBGE
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 20:02
I have both CNN and Fox news.
Its very suprising that people call fox news right wing channel,and then put ther head in the sand and pretend that CNN is fair and balance,which its clearly isnt is a left wing channel.
Im a liberal tbh,but far left wing opinions scares me,and a lot of that is being driven by the democrats,ofc im a swede though...
Rampage99

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 23:45
I personally watch Fox News off and on because I get tired of everything else on TV being so slanted to the left. I' m a Conservative Republican and I' m even admitting that Fox News takes a few liberties witht thier stuff. Sadly it' s basically the on;y station I can find that isn' t critisizing everything about the Republican party. I started listening to NPR and such on the radio trying to get more info without the flash and glamour of the TV and it' s a bit better.

I dunno. I' m just sick of the media period. It' s pretty bad when news coverage becomes so biased and dramatic that it turns into something unwatchable. Quez, I definately agree with you on the CNN thing. They are definately Liberal.
Rampage99

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 06, 2006 23:46

ORIGINAL: Hidemoto

The news we get here in the US is complete garabage and anything but the truth.

I guess this is what you´re talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsMcg1ZBGE

Ha... I hate the Daily Show. It was decent until Colbert left. Now that Colbert has his own shown I watch that more than anything on TV. Colbert is the f-ing man!
QuezcatoL

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 00:26
It should be noted that Swedish liberals are a bit more to the right then Democrats,heck even swedish liberal poarty folkpartiet wanted to send trops to afghanistan and iraq and join the coalition.

I also think left wing agendas work a bit better in europe thanks to you been a nation for over 1000 years,or atleast share same heritage/people.
So you feel more okay by paying more taxes,while in USA its more like a big dump of people all around the world.
And thats why people want to cut taxes big time.
QuezcatoL

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 00:28
The problem with daily show is that Jon stewart claims its all about humor,but its clearly shown which parties he make fun off and doesnt,or invite. or attack or defend.

Also when he showed the most threat to gaming in USA,he only showed republicans,while hilary is the nr1 aka democrat.
But ofc he refuse to show their comments.

His show is only funny if you have same poltical agenda as him.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 6 Aug 06 16:29:33 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 02:08
The media usually expose the ruling parties in their coverages since that generates more viewers.
No one wants to know shit about the party that' s sitting on the bench.
That' s why people always accuse news channels and such to be left or right winged.
Of course, most news papers and news channels are openly supoprting some kind of political side but that' s mostly the owners. Usually the reporters are able to be pretty moderate with their coverages.
It' s also a question of who' s doing the coverage too. Journalists also have political opinions so one day the right-winged Mr. A does a report on how bad the left-wing is and the next day Mr. B does a report on how bad the right-wing is.
Fox News though, is and will always be right-winged. But the channel is so right-winged that I don' t know if it does the republicans more good than bad...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 04:07
There was actually a scientific study done to show certain media' s political balance using the same thing they use to judge candidate' s balance. I can' t find it and don' t remember the name of it but fox news was only slightly to the right while the other TV news stations were significantly left. So really fox news is the most fair and balanced but it isn' t perfectly fair and balanced either. They also did news web sites and others.
I don' t watch the news on TV, I get all of mine of the internet anyways.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 04:08
The question is where you believe the centre is.
That' s the real problem.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 6 Aug 06 20:08:56 >
Rampage99

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 04:30

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

There was actually a scientific study done to show certain media' s political balance using the same thing they use to judge candidate' s balance. I can' t find it and don' t remember the name of it but fox news was only slightly to the right while the other TV news stations were significantly left. So really fox news is the most fair and balanced but it isn' t perfectly fair and balanced either. They also did news web sites and others.
I don' t watch the news on TV, I get all of mine of the internet anyways.

I agree with that. Imo, fox News does come closest to being balanced, they just have a problem with their delivery of it. Yelling at guests doesn' t make you very credible even if you are correct with your statements. Fox News is a really flashy station. They go for a high level of entertainment with their stuff.

For the other stations that are liberal they come across as more professional and such but still want to push their political views. They put on a good act but their agenda is quite clear.

For the most part I just browse all stations and see what they have to say about a subject and I form my own conclusion.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 08:38
Theres this one channel on DSL I got up at my cabin that displays 8 different news stations at one...

I figure if I place headphones on while I sleep and listen to it to all them like thatr I will either one be the most well informed unbiased individual in existance or 2 go completly apeshit insane!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 10:18

The question is where you believe the centre is.
That' s the real problem.

I don' t remember the name of the thing, but there is a test you can take that shows how liberal or conservative you are and they basically used that test with the news stations. This test is widely used. So if you compare it to American politics it works for the center. The center for America isn' t the same as other countries of course.
Naked Snake

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 07, 2006 23:08
Well, nothing serious. I just like it hangin out with friends(& chicks) on a party, and...

Hell, you just can´t go 2 a party without 2 drink a lot
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 08, 2006 06:36
.....left, right, centre, liberal, extremist.... ....it don' t mean nothing at the end of the day because if ure smart enough, you can make any atrocity seem like an act of good will and vice versa....
Rampage99

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 08, 2006 07:36

ORIGINAL: Naked Snake

Well, nothing serious. I just like it hangin out with friends(& chicks) on a party, and...

Hell, you just can´t go 2 a party without 2 drink a lot

Heh, I wouldn' t know. I don' t drink Glad to hear you' re having fun though.
Naked Snake

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 09, 2006 06:26
So what r u doing in your life?
Rampage99

RE: Who likes BUSH? - Aug 09, 2006 07:49
Well at the moment I' m trying to get a job. The two I' m looking into are a yacht washing job or a job where I find openings at videogame companies. Both pay over $12 an hour which is a lot better than my last job. I' m also getting pretty deep into school. I' m working on two games at the moment. One is for a class and the other is an outside project my friends and I are taking to GDC. I' ve been busy as hell.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 93

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message