28 weeks / days / months later!?

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 26, 2006 20:09
Weill I for one quite liked the original, it was pretty cliche, but had some outstanding cinematography, of particular note was early morning filming making london city centre look empty.

Now they are bringing out a sequel, and Alex Garland (chap who wrote the original, now rumoured to be unused Halo Script) is producing it.

What do people think of this? Now the Americans have come to open Britain up again and something goes wrong... hmmmmn I' m unconvinced it' s going to be any good.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 26, 2006 20:35
Is Danny Boyle directing?!

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 26, 2006 20:46
He is down as a producer at the moment with Juan Carlos Fresnadillo as the director but this hasn' t been set in stone yet.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 27, 2006 00:15
Same people involved, so the quality should stay the same i would think.

That said, I really didn' t think anything special about the movie. I' m not into zombies..they just don' t intrigue me. They' re boring.
I guess I just don' t feel the drama I' m supposed to feel over seeing a dead/diseased person walking around. Something about it just doesn' t scare me. Plus I' m not really big on carnage. I like my horror supernatural.

I realize that' s all personal preference though. When I saw the movie in the theater I could understand why zombie movie lovers would like it. It was a well made movie.

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
  • Reward points : 0
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 27, 2006 05:57
The first one was a decent ride, but I think they should have left it at that.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 27, 2006 07:56
I thought the film needed more gun obessed gi joe' s. And a black guy who was the first one to die.

its called 28 Months Later.

Anybody see the alternate ending version? what was that about?, I hate alternate endings.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: 28 weeks / days / months later!? - Jul 27, 2006 12:07
I think I saw it but I' m not sure. I don' t think it was in actual movie form just some guys describing it with a few drawings. Kinda stupid IMO. They find some locked room and they say there is a way they can save the girl' s dad. If the main guy in the movie does some wierd blood transfer or something and sacrifices himself so the dad can be a normal human. He does it and that is how the movie ends. If it ended like that I would have thought the movie sucked. I liked the movie, definetly not one of my favorites because I don' t like scary movies, but I thought it was good.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."