Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Post ww2 debate
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 81
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 01, 2006 00:08
Man I hoped I’d never have to post a post (…?) that long ever again (it’s not meant for me), but here goes.

Oh, but a couple of things before I begin. I don’t want to blame America, and I prefer doing two (sometimes three) sided posts, but as before I shall continue to bring up the “bad” things America did during the war, as this tend to be hushed down, but do know that I don’t think Japan were any better than ANY other.

Thirdly,i think even CETRA said this,about the revnge of pearl harbor its a indeed a reason why they dropped the bombs.

That IS also one of the possible reasons behind the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, however I hope with all my heart this isn’t true and that there might be some alternative, less silly reason. For I cannot see any reason to retaliate against civilians (and I know there were military factories as well) for the tactical attack on a Navy fleet (though as always in war there where civilian casualties). And even if I hate using numbers to compare human lives, I’m going to do so now. In the attack of Pearl Harbor 68 civilians died, whereas in the bombing of Hiroshima killed over hundred thousand. I’ll illustrate:

If civilian casualties in Pearl Harbor = I
Then Hiroshima’s = IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…
(Too much to continue).

That’s one mean revenge!

Also I hope you don’t turn to the movie Pearl Harbor to gather information about the conflict, as it is just as much a saga as Lord of the Rings. They have actually changed documented facts of what happened, just to make the Japanese seem more brutal. For instance the sneak attack, which actually wasn’t a sneak attack at all, as the Japanese government actually had send a warning to the U.S, saying they were about to attack (even though it seems really stupid, to me).

And no,i dont think it was to test the strenght in the bombs,which they pretty much knew after testing it,and also after dropping it in one city that would have been

“Don’t think” as in you think I’m lying, or “don’t think” as in you think those governmental people, who stated this were lying? If the first then , but if the second then I can’t force you to do so, as it has never been acknowledged by the U.S government to be true, and there were only a handful of scientist and officials (which I cannot remember whom) that stated this, and they might have wanted to use that statement as an excuse to wash of some of the blood on their hands
Also with the testing you are referring to, I take it for granted that you mean the Trinity test, which indeed was the first test of an atomic bomb detonating. However this test didn’t involve people, and they had no idea as to what effect (except for the obvious) it would have on the poor once close to it.

And a funny/scary thing is that the scientists betted on what the how large the effect of the bomb would be, and some betted on that it would incinerate the earth. And they weren’t joking as it was something that actually worried the scientists, however fortunately enough they were almost convinced this wouldn’t be the case. Still…

hiroshima and nag bla bla forgot the name

And the Twin Towhatever terrorist attack.

---
And then we’re back at technology…

ABout technology,if the demand was for these products usa would have been able to do the same.

But they didn’t demand it, so then they didn’t advance. “If” doesn’t matter to me. Only that the country is indeed the most technologically advanced country, when it comes overall usage of advanced technology in society matters to me. But that’s me, and others are allowed to think the “Wow’s”, like NASA are what counts are allowed to do so. Also I meant to mention that I also didn’t think their Space Agency (man that sounds like something from a cartoon ) wasn’t as advanced as NASA, but it’s still pretty darn spacey.

Back to the space thing,yes and europe has something similiar

Actually, I was talking about Japan.

Well sweden never did anything close to what norweigens people did as in the movie " heroes of the telemark" which is based on a true history.
But Norway got invaded,Sweden not,big diffrence.

They didn’t have to invade, as we didn’t oppose them. We just lifted bowed nicely and said “sure, please do use our rail way” and “Sure, by all means, you can by metal from us”.

Man this seems to have become a personal war between QuezcatoL and myself. :P Hope things don’t turn all Vietnam… Nah, just kidding. Also, even though it’s been fun QuezcatoL, I will end things with post, as making long posts like this isn’t really my thing. I might come with small comments from now on, but I’m just no good with long posts like these (the only thing that kept me going was because of the possibility to use MANY smiley’s ). I would also apologize of me constantly returning to the subject of Pearl harbour and Hiroshima, Nagasaki and to any I might have offended with these posts (man I sound like a politician ).

Also remember, no matter how many soldiers or how powerful a country can be… GOOGLE still owns the WORLD! Be very careful, be very afraid!

Oh, and...

Original by: locopuyo
Japan invaded China during WWII.

You don’t say?
< Message edited by dionysius -- 2 Jun 06 19:46:11 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 04:28

But my point is its not hard to build cool stuff when you lend many times more what your country even can collect in a year.
Has nothing to do with " hard working" workers,sure they are that in japan today,i seen how many lives,but still...

...although Japan did receive large sums of cash after WWII, it took more than just raw cash to make Japan the nation it is today...

...what cetra was trying to say was that it was the Japanese culture, their way of producing goods, which made them so successful in world trade...

...most people think that this is due to Japan' s geographical isolation, which enabled for a very unique race and culture to evolve...

...this explains why the rest of the world is so fascinated with the Japanese, and also explains why no-one outside of Stockholm gives a flying f*ck about Sweden....
Dionysius

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 05:15

...this explains why the rest of the world is so fascinated with the Japanese, and also explains why no-one outside of Stockholm gives a flying f*ck about Sweden....

And also why I' ll be going to Japan in... Oh! Nine days.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 05:25
Japan was beaten at the time the bombs dropped. The U.S. knew this and they knew there would huge civilian casualties but they still decided to drop the bombs just because the japanese emperor didn' t officially admit defeat. That' s what I heard in a Discovery documentary.

Visiting Japan should be fun (haven' t been there ) but living there... no way!
They have the highest suicidal rate in the world and you have to be very loyal to the company you' re working for and women are discriminated and you pretty much study, work and work and work all day long your whole life. The only fun you have time for is budo practice and videogames.
It sounds like I' m maikng fun of japanese stereotypes but Japan really is a tough country to live in no matter how wonderful it might seem.
You should see the movie/read the book/read the manga " Battle Royal" which is supposed to critisice the hard competitive society Japan has become. I never realized that when I saw the movie but it was good anyway.
A schoolclass gets chosen for Battle Royal, a competition where everyone gets a couple of weapons on a remote island and then they' ll have to kill each other until only one remains.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Jun 06 21:28:51 >
Dionysius

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 06:09
Actually ginjirou…

Suicides per 100,000 people per year:
Rank Country Year Males Females
1. Lithuania 2003 74.3 13.9

…Lithuania seems to have the highest. Here’s the link to the full list on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_the_highest_suicide_rates

Japan can be spotted at 11 and Sweden holds 30. But it should be noted that just a couple of years ago Sweden was amongst the top ten and had higher rates than Japan (man, this whole sentence just felt so wrong ).

And yes, Japan is a hard working country and I to sometimes feel that the scary Japanese middle aged office worker is pretty much about eat, work, sleep and repeat, but it’s my belief that humans tend to either romanticise or condemn something they haven’t actually experienced. That is why I’ll be going to visit this country that holds a special meaning to me (and most gamers out there) to see what it’s actually like. Now, I know I won’t be able to fully grasp the country during 30 days, or ever for that matter (being the “Gaijin” that I am), but I hope to at least experience some true culture and see if it lives up to my expectations (both good and bad).

BTW: Battle Royal was a good film (have only seen the film) on many different levels.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 2 Jun 06 22:10:41 >
ginjirou

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 06:18
Um... did you notice that most of the countries above Japan are u-countries or countries with uh... problems? It' s not strange that you want to kill yourself in those countries.
Japan is the highest ranked rich country.
I hope no one in this forum comes from Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Sri Lanka, Kazakkhstan, Estonia, Slovenia, Hungary, Ukraine or Latvia because they' ll be pissed if they find out I concider those countries to be...countries with problems.
But maybe they' ll kill themselves instead of me since they are so high in the suicide rankings...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 15:41
Battle Royal is a sweet movie.
You guys really need to get your facts straight about WWII though. Take a history class or something.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 16:32

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

Japan can be spotted at 11 and Sweden holds 30.

Well, somebody needs to get on the ball!! You' re falling behind Sweden!! Slackers, I tell ya' !

You guys do realize that suicide is so high in Japan because they feel it is more honourable to commit seppuku than to shame their family, don' t you? Suicide is a part of their history. Hell, who am I to argue?! I know a couple of people (Bin Laden, I' m looking in your direction!) who need to learn something from those guys.
Dionysius

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 03, 2006 17:20

Um... did you notice that most of the countries above Japan are u-countries or countries with uh... problems? It' s not strange that you want to kill yourself in those countries.

You know what? I actually didn’t.
But you just said the country with most suicides! [:' (]
Hey, wait a sec! Then you might be right, as Japan has a lot of people.

I hope no one in this forum comes from Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Sri Lanka, Kazakkhstan, Estonia, Slovenia, Hungary, Ukraine or Latvia because they' ll be pissed if they find out I concider those countries to be...countries with problems.
But maybe they' ll kill themselves instead of me since they are so high in the suicide rankings...

Oh, they are here alright. They’re just hiding, sneaking in the shadow, watching your every post…
Well at least they were, until they read that last post of yours. Now they’ll never do anything again!

You guys really need to get your facts straight about WWII though. Take a history class or something.

Nah, isn’t that boring?

You guys do realize that suicide is so high in Japan because they feel it is more honourable to commit seppuku than to shame their family, don' t you? Suicide is a part of their history.

Shame and so, sure. But I to think it has much to do with the stress in their society.

Well, somebody needs to get on the ball!! You' re falling behind Sweden!! Slackers, I tell ya' !

I know…
< Message edited by dionysius -- 3 Jun 06 9:24:52 >
ginjirou

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 01:56

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

I know…

Ok, so why don' t you and I along with Quetz start and then hopefully the rest of Sweden will follow
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 02:57
Which is the most dangerous country in the world, right now?

I' m not talking about military superiority because some countries may have lots of weapons but that doesn' t help the fact that they suck ass at actually fighting wars.

I' m asking which country you think is the most volatile and power mad. Is there a country that see' s itself as superior and dominant and above the law?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 03:13
I' d say north korea....but that' s my opinion.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 3 Jun 06 19:24:06 >
ginjirou

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 03:17
North Korea and the U.S are scaring the shit out of me. If there' s ever a WW3 then one of those two will be responsible for it.
Russia is scary but they are poor so they can' t afford fighting a war.

I' d say south korea....but that' s my opinion.

Isn' t that like the most kind country in asia?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Jun 06 19:18:20 >
dasher232

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 03:19
Sorry I meant north

I get confused sometimes with the branching off thing...

I forgot to say why:

The thing about north korea is that they' ve made no secret about their plans on developing chemical and biological weapons and I think they have the capacity to develop quite a threatening neuclear program. Thats taking from the time when I think they more or less said that they' ll refrain from developing anything but only if they have a certain amount of oil and the us to sign some legal gurantee of no aggressive attacks on them (correct me if i' m wrong).

and I also disagree with their government, for a modern society it' s highly demonstrates why dictatorship should never be an option.....

Zimbabwe is also up there....especially with that mugabe guy behind the wheels (I don' t think they' re an international threat though...not yet anyway).
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 3 Jun 06 20:21:17 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:17

And also why I' ll be going to Japan in... Oh! Nine days.

...git...

It sounds like I' m maikng fun of japanese stereotypes but Japan really is a tough country to live in no matter how wonderful it might seem.
You should see the movie/read the book/read the manga " Battle Royal" which is supposed to critisice the hard competitive society Japan has become. I never realized that when I saw the movie but it was good anyway.

...yeah i' ve seen BR too (although i' d like to see it again) .... ...anyway, i always viewed it as a study on contemporary, post-recession Japan... ...which as you said is a particularly hard society to live in....

but it’s my belief that humans tend to either romanticise or condemn something they haven’t actually experienced. That is why I’ll be going to visit this country that holds a special meaning to me (and most gamers out there) to see what it’s actually like.

...i think the romance is probably left from the glory days in the eighties when Japan was fresh and seemingly unstoppable on the world stage.... ....in fact i' d say that globalisation is probably what ended their golden period... ...weather it' s other nations mimicking them in world trade, or the creeping westernisation of their culture...
Dionysius

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:20

Ok, so why don' t you and I along with Quetz start and then hopefully the rest of Sweden will follow

I’ll do it if you will.

North Korea and the U.S are scaring the shit out of me.

Same goes for me, though I have to say that U.S tops my list. They are now like Europe was during the medieval. It might be because they’re such and as such they don’t have much place in history, and thus they try to be part of everything that might give them fame, which war is guaranteed to do.
Or maybe they fear that if there isn’t an “evil” then they cannot be the “good”, and so they choose countries to invade and fix (for good) and then, when they are finished with one country they move on to the next enemy.
Or perhaps they think what they are doing is actually just, and that “God” is on their side. But then they are no different from terrorist whom declare “Holy” wars, because they to think they are right and that God is on their side.

I don’t know if any of those are right or even close to the truth (there are many truths), but what scares me the most is that they invade and kill, and that they do it all in the name of “FREEDOM”

BTW: Did you know that the U.S once actually sent a request (to whom I don’t know) that the world (yes, world) accepted them as the “World Police” …

Edit:
I also don’t like how they can demand that other countries give up their nuclear weapons because they think it’s a threat, but it’s alright for the U.S to keep theirs even though they are the only country that have ever actually used those weapons in times of war.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 3 Jun 06 22:46:00 >
dasher232

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:31
The Us has also got it' s share of issues, I think they too are power obsessed but take a different approach. I wonder sometimes about exactly how much goes on behind the scenes that we don' t know about.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:45
How can a guy who wasn' t elected still end up as President, and THEN even though hugely unpopular, get re-elected for a 2nd term?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 3 Jun 06 23:26:21 >
dasher232

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:51
More scapegoat than ' ' enemy' ' to be honest. Iv' e always thought it weird how mr osama has been relatively quiet.
Dionysius

RE: Post ww2 debate - Jun 04, 2006 06:53

How can a guy who wasn' t elected still end up as President, and THEN even though hugely unpopular, get re-elected for a 2nd term?!

Haven’t you heard? It was God’s will! [:' (]

I wonder sometimes about exactly how much goes on behind the scenes that we don' t know about.

Two words… EVERYTHING!!! …

And remember! If you’re not with us then you’re against U.S!

*crunch* Mmm… These Freedom Fries are delicious… …
< Message edited by dionysius -- 3 Jun 06 22:54:10 >
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 81

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread