Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Explain your username and avatar.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 113
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 09, 2006 08:15
Rampage99 - your story totally kicks ass -it' s just awesome

My nick comes mostly from my Hip-Hop,G Rap,etc music and style preference and it kind of grew on me since highschool (that and I did quite a lot of " some stupid shit" back in the days that made me known as a " rebel" of sorts).

Avatar is me in a Kung-Fu pose photoshopped to look like it' s in ancient times , but my new avatar that' s coming soon is all about having the same style of web appearance on 1up , kikizo and everywhere else.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 0:15:42 >
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 11, 2006 10:01
vdig - It is a concatonation of my real name, first and last. Man, that is not really interesting... but I also go by the alias of Vertigo 1, a name taken from the Vertigo inducing 3D space series Descent (WHAT A GAME!), and VDigger.

An explanation of VDigger, or The Digger - I always tend to search non stop for things once I decide I need to find it. Furthermore, I sometimes associate said behavior to the antics of the hero Taizo from Dig Dug. Yes, I blow stuff up when I search for things. If I' m looking for something in a closet, the hall will be a mess in just a few minutes. On the net, I constantly dig around, looking for cool things to watch.

Finally, if ever I go online, I would name myself with an amalgamation of the aforementioned IDs. What is it? Won' t say until I register my gamertag, as soon as I get a 360. I' ll update when I get one.

Edit:
Oops, forgot to talk about the avatar. I am a fan of the more violent, unique shows than the average TV dribble. Watching a Bruce Lee lookalike, just buffer, blow people up by merely touching them, is quite interesting. Furthermore, Kenshiro just screams badass, especially in Shin Hokuto no Ken (New Fist of the North Star) and the Raoh Gaiden movie, which I want to watch, and from which I got the avatar. I am a fan of animation when done properly. Just don' t rant about pokemon or other kid type shows... unless it is a show I enjoyed as a kid. I seem to have fond memories of Samurai Pizza Cats.
< Message edited by vdig -- 10 May 06 21:08:27 >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 11, 2006 15:10
My name... well, when looking through the meanings of names i found out that in high german or something like that Rikka means " mistress of all" , so I thought that was cool.

And the fairy, well, it is a fairy... how much cooler can you get?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 11, 2006 18:20

And the fairy, well, it is a fairy... how much cooler can you get?

Lol!!!

Sweet
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 14, 2006 11:39
Usually I like for people to guess what my names mean, but I can' t expect that from people in a forum, so here goes...

(Warning, this is a long, but necessary, explanation)

My (real) name begins with the letter E, and my favorite letter is E. I did a presentation on the history of the letter last year and found that it first originated in the Phoenician alphabet, one of the first written languages in the West, as the character " He." I' ll put a picture of it here.

]

I have a better picture of just the character " He," but for some reason, it just generates an error when I try to embed pictures. Click on it and you can see He in the top row, third from the left.

When I gave the presentation, my audience was impressed by the history I was able to give on just one letter. I, also, liked the name He for its history, its connection to my favorite letter, and its potential as a syntax error if I used it in a game (You were killed by He).

My avatar is a placeholder until I can get an avatar of He up. I' ve sent it through e-mail, and am waiting now. The one I have now is pretty good, though. That is the best picture of Joe I' ve ever seen.

EDIT: My avatar of He is up, but now that I look at it, it seems rather simplistic when compared to the intricate ones you all have up. Oh, well...
< Message edited by he -- 16 May 06 18:49:34 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 14, 2006 12:14
I got mine ages ago when I was joking around with a friend. As a useless fact, he mentioned that apparently your star wars name is the first three or four letters of your surname and the car you drive. At the time my friend' s was Buck Skoda and mine ended up being Chou Polo...kinda like Hans Solo heh. But I' m thinking of getting a Honda next, which doesn' t work quite as well! I' d settle for Chou Zonda though..

Avatar was the only one noone was using at the time, and it kinda had a nice look to it. I wish you could just link a picture hosted elsewhere for your avatar like other forums though, instead of having to mail it.. I usually use an animated gif of a Gundam Seed mech (the one with the death scythe) in chopping action!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 15, 2006 05:49

our star wars name is the first three or four letters of your surname and the car you drive

HAHAHAHAHHA :)
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 21, 2006 12:56
majicdragon what' s your avatar from, I swear I saw it on a bilboard on my way to the twin cities today.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 22, 2006 00:10
I dunno actually. I found it a while back and editted parts of it changing the yellow to red.

If you find out where it' s from, let me know, i may have to change it...
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 21 May 06 16:10:31 >
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 26, 2006 08:59
[The story of how I got my name will be told by Die Hounderdoggen' s inner pirate]

Yarr, the tale behind me name be a tale o' boredom, Mountain Dew, and mistaken identity... It all started back when I were no more than 13 years old. Me brother had lately taken ter callin' me " Homeslice" ... God I hated that name, I hated it almost as much as I fears that John Goodman will one day suck down enough grog that he' ll get it inter his head to roll around and engulf everythin' that don' t be nailed down like some sort o' demonic Katamri. So one day, I tells me brother that I' ll not be goin' by the name Homeslice no longer. He' d been suckin' down Mountain Dew all that mornin' so he had plenty o' ways ter annoy me further, and he' d just gotten out of a German class, so I became Die Hounderdoggen... And I been that way ever since...

Helluva story aint it?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 27, 2006 00:57
Great story ye got there mate
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - May 27, 2006 21:13
My user name Bishonen comes from the Japanese language and generally refers to any unusually attractive male, as depicted often in manga, anime and video games ....the ' girly guy' that most ordinary guys love to hate...

...being naturally androgynous, the term has been used to describe myself, which i decided would be a suitable handle....

...i do wonder now though, weather if that was a good idea.... ...because of the fact that, whilst Bishonen is generally considered to be a fangirl' s aesthetic, it does have cultural ties in japan to homosexuality, which, being honest, i find rather insulting....

...whilst i' m not homophobic, i do get really angry sometimes about how gays (weather asian or western) always seem to claim any masculine ideal as being their own..... ...just like nintendo fanboys, their big mouths belie their insignificancy...

...my avatar is of Street Fighter II' s Vega.. ..the infamous narcissistic-psychopathic Spanish ninja...
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jun 01, 2006 01:58
Well, the name Alecrein is actually pretty original. At the age of 12 I was walking out of my house spouting off random words when the name " A-lee-kre-in" came out, it sounded so much like a name I held onto it and created the spelling behind it. Hell it is so original that if you type it into Google everything that comes up is me.

Alecrein as well is a villain in the book I have been writing for 6 years now, just imagine a " stereotypical" cloaked figure which looks like a balrog (demon of some sort) when without the cloak...I created a whole crapload around the character, I got the first two chapters of the book up on my forums [link=www.alecrein.com/stories/index.aspx]so if you want to read it.[/link]

The avatar will be up soon, it will be a balrog that looks alot like Alecrein' s design.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jun 01, 2006 02:54
Alecrein sounds more like a medicin or a chemical substance than a name to me.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jun 01, 2006 08:44
All a matter of opinion, I think phonetically it sounds more like a name. However I can see it as a name for a medicine.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jun 09, 2006 00:08
Awww, check out my cute new avatar. Its only just the most huggable doll ever, Chucky!

NOTE: I haven' t actually ever seen any of the movies, but I am searching.
refinne

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jul 08, 2006 00:52
Part of my name backwards. " Jennifer" = " Refinne"

Nat is awesome, I love her work. Everything outside of Star Wars that is!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jul 08, 2006 07:46

ORIGINAL: Marink

Awww, check out my cute new avatar. Its only just the most huggable doll ever, Chucky!

NOTE: I haven' t actually ever seen any of the movies, but I am searching.

Note that the first 3 films don' t have " Chucky" in their titles. They are called " Childs Play" 1, 2 and 3.

The original film was banned (worldwide?) in the UK because of 2 young boys who kidnapped and killed a small child in the 90' s. Childs Play was cited as being partially responsible as they' d viewed it at home.

Personally i blame the parents. How else would two 10 year olds manage to get hold of and watch and 18 rated film?
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jul 08, 2006 17:57
Majik, I think was Child' s Play 3 which was banned, as it was the one out at the time. It was also completely rubbish. The first one was good, Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky are hilarious.

My gamer tag was made to post on my friends bands forums - they are metal, and I would post " Industrial rooolz" and mention NIN, Ministry, Throbbing Gristle etc. I thought they would work out straight away that it was me (as they know my love of 23), but it actually took them nearly 3 weeks.

I can' t load my own Avatar from work, but I' m always happy with MC. I wish he was a Blue Spartan model though
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Explain your username and avatar. - Jul 13, 2006 01:22
My avatar is Karen from one of my favourite RPGS Shadow Hearts: Covenant and whilst she' s not my favourite character in the game, she' ll suffice.

My username is just some random name that I found and thought sounded rather cool.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 113

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message