Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3?

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 96
Max_chelsea
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 04:28
i am in a dillema i want ot buy 360 but i think i will kick my self if i buy 1 if the ps3 is amazing

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 05:06
Ok, now no offense but we don' t really need another PS3 thread. If you' re having difficulty making your mind up about what to do or just want some advice then you should either ask in one of the pre-existing threads or PM one of the forum users.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 10, 2006 05:28
...please... ...stop... idiocy...very... irritating....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:37
Easy... a few options....

1) Buy both.
2) Buy neither.
3) Wait patiently for the PS3 to have a launch (where you are would be good)... see what you think of it.. Only then decide which is the console for you.
4) Weigh up the games coming out for each and see which one more suits your tastes.

They say patience is a virtue, however you could just give up on technology and the world as we know and live in a cave, or under a rock. It seems decision making isn' t a strong point so i' ll make a suggestion... Rock.

Have a nice day
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:52

pzownd!
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:55
although people say that the ps3 threads are getting old, i say, if someone wants to post one, let ' em, and if ya dont like it, then don' t post, and save your energy for other threads.

As for why sony is being information stingy, i think they' ve got an ace in the hole here. I think that they' re building up to E3 in May, So they can flood us with trailers, 3rd party information, a final case design (it' s about time) and dare i say it... playable demos? and start up buzz again, so just as the people start to get sick of sony, or like many of us on this site, have been sick of sony for months now, will be thrown back into the media explosion.

I' m getting both consoles, so it doesn' t matter to me, but if you were to go one way. i' d say do this. read the article about the hands on with ps3 on kikizo' s main page. and if it' s to your liking, then buy it, because by that time, the 360 is sure to take a price slash or two. making it more affordable. the hardest part of the whole jobbie is waiting for half-a-year while everyone else has a 360!
happy console hunting

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 06:58
It' s not that, ...it' s why do we need 5???!!!

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 07:09
no no Majik, i' m not singling you out at all, it' s just that i think that people have a right to post what they like, within reason. but, because i don' t like animosity, here you go, i' m putting up a 360 thread as we speak .

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 07:32
LOL!

^5 Eddie!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:05
1,why should they not be quiet?
MS dont know when they gonna be stabbed.
2.you tell us nothing about past consoles and games,and genres you liked so far.

How do you think we could help you at all?
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:42
Maybe becuase they have nothing to say.

Just a thought.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 08:53
Because it' s not coming out yet.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 09:40
Adam.... Short and Deadly

Stephen Rowley
  • Total Posts : 75
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 19:14
Launch games are all crap, so it' ll be ages before there' s summat worth playing on PS3. Ages! By then you could have saved up again.

Better to get a 360, as soon as there' s a killer app worth playing on that, which there isn' t really yet.

Generalisation is fun.

QuezcatoL
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 20:20

So who wins the award as the sexiest person on Kikizo?

Something tells me a lot of dev are working with great ps3 titles they havnt announced yet...
i doubt 4000 dev kit out there will only produce some titles.and especially not many great.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 14, 2006 23:43

Me!

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 00:17

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Me!

What, are there like, no girls in this forum? Not surprised if there isn' t but...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Feb 06 16:18:09 >

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 00:18
I could dress up for you, but it' d be pretty scary...

OptaviusX
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 01:42
#1 Main reason is they know they aren' t 2 times more powerful than the 360 as they were claiming. Nvidia knows (sony would never admit it) that the ps3 videocard is inferior to the one inside the 360. Not because Nvidia couldn' t make one to compete with it. Nvidia could do that easily the problem is sony came to Nvidia much too late for them to get anything proper done like ati did for microsoft. Which is why the rsx is basically a 7800GTX 512

#2 Sony has a very high installed base and sony will have strong competition against the 360 in north america and europe the 2 biggest gaming markets.
The last thing sony wants to do is any news to get out that the ps3 isn' t actually powerful enough to embarass the 360 and deliver all of its games at 1080p. ALOT of people waiting to buy a ps3 in north america, europe and especially japan were holding out for JUST that reason. The console is so powerful that every single game can run at not only 1080p, but at 120fps? Not just 1 1080p output, but 2 at the same time. Why is this news getting out bad? People will begin to realize " hey maybe getting a 360 isn' t so bad afterall"

#3 Sony knows if it can keep quiet about things the ps3 will sell like crazy regardless on launch day, they don' t want to do anything that will kill the console' s hype and make the launch not as impressive as it should' ve been. The last thing they want to do is end up contributing to xbox360 sales in japan worst of all or anywhere else in the usa or europe.

#4 The case they showed at the consumer electronics show was empty.... Not only do they need to manufacture the consoles there is no case to speak of to fit it all in because that case they showed doesn' t have enough space. I knew something was up when peter moore mentioned there is something weird about that case it doesn' t seem official or finished. Has that empty look to it... a console of THAT power NO ventilation to speak off? Not a single ventilation hole... did they plan for the ps3 to cool down when someone pops open the blu ray drive?

#5 They successfully marketed against themselves (very hard to do, but they pulled it off) They insulted the 360 called it inferior and not true hi definition because it outputted the games at 720p resolution. The true next generation starts with the ps3 and the xbox360 is merely xbox 1.5. 720p by their competitor is a joke and it isn' t true hi definition. True hi definition is 1080p. Oddly enough majority of sony' s games will be 720p just like the 360s.

Thats another thing they can' t risk people finding out.

Everyone here needs to remember that everything just now available for the 360 demo downloads, movie trailer downloads, game trailer downloads, music & movie download service (which is on the way for the 360) was promised by sony that all would be possible with the ps2. Turns out that isn' t the case and sony yet again ended up doing the same thing.

Not saying people wont enjoy the ps3 i plan on getting one if its released anytime soon and I hear good things about it.

Sony' s best bet is keeping their mouths shut and just give a release date a price close to launch and showing more fancy videos. Of course though they' ll be showing off the most impressive things from some of their best developers. Look out for some impressive looking i-8 footage. When I say i-8 footage I mean actual ingame gameplay impressive footage.

< Message edited by OptaviusX -- 14 Feb 06 17:45:02 >

QuezcatoL
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 01:51
I dont know if europeans wait for 1080p or i cause...
well not even 3% in europe has a hdtv.
Not does any tv channel here broadcast in HDTV,atleast not in sweden,but they are gonna do that later this year,or rather one cable channel.
Thats the problem in europe why pay fpr a expensive HDTV when no tv channel broadcats in it...

ANd MS talk about so many who use HDTV and BROADBAND...
Well basically they wsold so far tio the hardcore audience not the real audience,thats why their facts is just bias.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 01:53
Opta, ..i' m getting sick of this now!

We' ve been over this again and again and quite frankly it' s boring now. We all know this stuff!

DevStation is next month and so is GDC where Iwata is headlining. All 3 companies have gone dark because announcements are on their way.

Next month there will be more information about PS3 and it' s technical capabilities, that' s why DevStation is focusing on PS3 this year.

It has nothing to do with Sony bending the truth about PS3. NOTHING!

EDIT: -

Actually Opta.. you suposedly work at Epic right?! What can you tell us about the melee combat in Gears of War?!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 14 Feb 06 18:06:57 >

OptaviusX
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 02:14
Well majik what I mentioned could be the case or maybe it wont be, but expect sony to stay away from their trashtalk towards the 720p resolution and you probably wont hear too much 1080p hype this time around you' ll probably hear something along the lines of " support UP to 1080p"

I remember seeing they are going to be targeting things in regards to ps3 development and some performance analysis. I hope we see some true performance analysis and not the marketing related ones that are exaggerated Like when microsoft only mentioned the dot product of their cpu then sony went and announced the dot product for the entire ps3 and everyone was wowed at how big the advantage was compared to the 360 number. Expect sony to focus on their floating point performance advantage, but then again they' d be crazy not to.

The ps3 isn' t a bad machine for having all that floating point performance it actually makes it pretty damned impressive. We' ll no doubt get to see some physics and character animation shown off. But they' ll no doubt want to show this thing off to such a extent where they' ll be able to say the 360 can' t do this. I hope we get to see some actual gameplay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with epic, I was only messing around on gamereports when I mentioned that since there appeared to be so many experts adding their technical expertise on what the 360 could and couldn' t do. Again to make it clear i have absolutely no affiliation with epic nor do I know anything about gears of war I' m just someone that frequents the forums just like everyone else.
< Message edited by OptaviusX -- 14 Feb 06 18:20:35 >

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 02:19
But it doesn' t matter.

It' s the same every gen with people bickering over which machine is better. Ok 360 is technically more efficient than PS3 in practice, but Microsoft still aren' t going to get the same kind of support than Sony will.

Nintendo are going to pwn them both!

Oh, and the melee combat in Gears?

OptaviusX
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 02:21
Majik I have no ties with epic nor do i know anything about gears of war.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 02:28
But dude, you previously claimed to be a developer at Epic.

I see.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 20:05
Up to 1080 p ?

Well yes I believe that' s what they said in the first place - and something about all games running in 1080p - they never said it will not be upscanned - I hate those fuckers , but they watch their mouths :)

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 21:32
I think he was just joking with you.

Maji you need to act a little more mature on these forums.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 15, 2006 21:52
I think you need to m ind your own business. He PM' d me to explain, ...it has nothing to do with you.

Bishonen
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 16, 2006 04:35
..i thought that guy worked for Microsoft...

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 16, 2006 05:58
back to the starting post...

microsoft has nothing to hide with the 360, it' s already out for cripes sake. so naturally some will figure it better than the ps3, and some will figure it worse. but untill we have some solid information on the playstation 3, i see no point in beating this dead horse of a topic. i think the real question is, WHEN, will ps3 info be out, and not, WHAT will that info be. can anyone list a post of game shows, the only one i' ve been able to keep up with is E3 in may.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 16, 2006 06:04
No Bish, it was at gamersreports.

BTW, check your messages.

Bishonen
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 17, 2006 06:52
*reading message*

...interesting....

...the plot seems to thicken....

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 17, 2006 07:03
Great ,first they started talking about MGS now they' re all into some spy thing ....

Get a hold of yourselves !! :)

QuezcatoL
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 17, 2006 08:01
Its the right stradegy,alot of people was wondering if sony overhyped ps3(which they did) and did not think so after the mgs4 trailer,now a lot of people are waiting to see other titles,seeing how sony said they also gived out 4000 devt kits basically a lot of hidden/unnamed projects are being made now,that can not be a suprice right?
I think sony is in the right position at the moment.
And nintendo?
wtf happend to my zelda?!
have no idea when its coming,gc as a whole was a failure for me.
im very angrty at them,and the lack of shigeru in zelda/mario games.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 17, 2006 08:26
i think that sony realised that they' ll lose more in customer base if they lie about things, (see ps2 launch for further reference) than they can gain back in impressed n00b gamers. i' m glad that the info has come to a drizzle, because the less info that comes out this early in production, the less white lies sony thinks it has to produce to call in new gamers.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 17, 2006 22:54
Quez, Twilight Princess is down for November, around the same time as Revolution (N5).

It makes financial sense for Nintendo because it' ll sell Revolutions (N5s) too. Still annoying though, i' d hoped to have had it by now! It was going to sit right next to my GC copy of RE4!!!

ginjirou
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 02:10
Wait a minute... will Twilight Princess get released November 2006? Please tell me I misunderstood.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 02:48
There’s another thing, the PS3 probably isn' t as ready as Sony would like you to believe. By stringing people along saying it' ll be here ' soon' some people will not buy the 360 and wait for the PS3... then when they' ve strung it out a bit longer they can go official with the release date and it won' t seem so far away. The reports I' ve heard saying " No PS3 till 2007 in Europe" not only worry me because of the wait but make my decision to get a 360 even better.

ginjirou
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 05:59
I think that if people like the 360 they should buy it right now because they' ll probably be able to save up some money again for the PS3 before it' s released. If the european launch will be in 2007 that is.

Nitro
RE: Why are sony being so tight with information on the playstation 3? - Feb 18, 2006 06:10
PS3 will NOT be released in Europe before February 2007, possibly later (March/April). It just ain' t gonna happen and it' s not exactly hard to see. The damn thing isn' t expacted to hit the US until September at the very earliest and even that could be delayed.

The only territory that' s definately 100% sure to get it this year is Japan, and Sony will be keen to rake in the sales there before Revolution launches in November.

And no ginjirou you didn' t misunderstand, ...Twilight Princess won' t hit until November 2006. As far as i know, it' s definate and came from Nintendo themselves.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 40 of 96