Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only)
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 161
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 17, 2006 01:44
Some people like me dig,baldurs gate2 and FF8 for ex...
In FF8 i really wanted to see whta happend to the characters,i was intrigued and very intresting in the backround story and so on.
I also thought seed and its school was cool,and the mission they was given,in bladrus gate 2 i really loved the creation of my own character and make own choices and sidequests while also going on its main quest.

My most antipaticed game of all genre and what has been announce or what we can assume coming in the future is at the moment Lost odyssey.
Christian lorenz,Nobou and sakaguchi to name a few,they also has a much award winning novelist who write the story.
It look very intresting.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 21, 2006 00:13

...one thing i have noticed about Western RPG' s, is that they seem to cater to a adult market.... ...the japanese ones seem to be always aimed at 10 year olds...

..or are there more mature focused Japanese RPG' s that i don' t know about?...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 20 Feb 06 16:44:59 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 21, 2006 02:06
yeah - like all of them ?

I can hardly imagine a kid customizing his materia system.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 20 Feb 06 18:06:36 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 21, 2006 03:03
Different cultures.
I think it' s the animé style in lots of japanese RPGs that makes them seem focused on young audiences. But in Japan animé culture is popular with adults to. It' s not just the design that resembels animé/manga but also the (bad) jokes, story and dialogue.
Western RPGs are more based on fantasy literature and such, making the games seem more focused on an adult audience.
Bishonen

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 21, 2006 04:56
... i' m sure that there are just as many adults who like anime culture as there are children...

.. i think you' re assuming that all anime/manga is designed for children or childish adults. ...This is not so.... quite the opposite actually...

...Anime and Manga can be extremely profound and intelligent ...take Akira for example..

..i am just confused as to why the japanese don' t continue this in the RPG' s that they make...

...take FFX for example.. ...this was the last japanese RPG that i really immersed my self in playing... ...whilst the gameplay, battle system and mini games were generally fun, overall, i found the story childish to the point of putting me off completing the game (along with that idiotic maze-come-magic-system-thingy)....

..sorry dude, but from what i have seen, JRPG' s seem childish because they are targeted primarily to children... (d' uh!)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 21, 2006 07:37
Actually FFX was the worst FF game I' ve ever played - it sucked.

FF7 , FF8 - now tell me those games had childish story.

For me a childish story is the one from Quake sequels (bad robots want to kill good humans) :)

It' s not how much gore there is or what' s the presentation - it' s how smart and original+ deep the story can be.

Well I can' t just tell it to you - you' d have to try some great JRPGs yourself :)
Bishonen

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 22, 2006 07:44
...i don' t remember mentioning gore...

...FF8 is my all time favourite Final Fantasy... ..although a have not played X-2, XI or XII..

....but please illustrate for me, which JRPG' s you think are primarily targeted to players over the age of 15...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 22, 2006 08:00
Armada on Dreamcast
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 22, 2006 19:35
Well I sure can' t tell you that - since most RPG' s for both PC and Consoles are rated T :)

That means everyone can play them (unless he' s 5)

I' ve heard that FF X-2 is a cool game - haven' t played it yet.

I' d say that FF7 was really mature - the presentation was nice for me , and it doesn' t make it childish - if you know that it has a symboilic value.

FF8 was also quite mature , but yes nothing a teenager couldn' t handle :)

Now that I think about it I was a teenager back then hahaha

I think what you don' t like in Jrpgs are characters - always kids or teens - it' s gotten terribly boring - I totally agree with this.

CrimsonBlade

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 22, 2006 19:42
lol seen as no one has acctaully posted a decent reply

IMO best rpgs, in no particular order and there all PC, cause tbh wtf wants to play a console rpg

1. Ultima 7 part 2
2. Ultima Underworld 1-2
3. Baldurs gate 1-2
4. Gothic 2
5. System Shock 1-2
6. Fallout 1-2
7. Morrowind
8. kotr
9. Planescape torrment

and some japs ones cause i dont care

1. zelda 3
2. Secret of mana 1-2

< Message edited by CrimsonBlade -- 22 Feb 06 11:51:18 >
Bishonen

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 23, 2006 07:42

and some japs ones cause i dont care

1. zelda 3

...are you mocking VX?..
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 23, 2006 18:11

cause tbh wtf wants to play a console rpg

WHAT A FOOL
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 23 Feb 06 10:12:02 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 23, 2006 23:59

JRPG' s seem childish because they are targeted primarily to children... (d' uh!)

You wouldn' t say that after you' ve met Don Corneo in FFVII for the first time!
CrimsonBlade

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 26, 2006 21:39

WHAT A FOOL

Id argue that you were the fool, that im guessing has never acctaully played a proper roleplaying game

Consoles blow, there a poor man' s PC, poor controls not suited to anything other than an " action rpg" poor graphics and poor games.

And seen as this is a thread about RPGs, and 90% of the best RPGs are on the PC then i think my comments are valid.

Save up for a decent PC, and im guaranteed you wont go back to a console. Only decent console was the SNES but you can get an emulator for that anyhow.

]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 01:50
HEH

I' d say you' re the poor one since you surely lack a lot of braincells.

You' re right I shouldn' t be calling you a fool.

You' re fuckin IDIOT.

I don' t even need to say why, since everyone who reads your posts will think the very same thing...WHAT AN IDIOT.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 01:53
Now come on Gangsta, he did post the best RPGs ever made in his post. It seems no one here likes western RPG' s, probably because most in the forum are console gamers!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 02:01
So you agree with :

Consoles blow, there a poor man' s PC, poor controls not suited to anything other than an " action rpg" poor graphics and poor games.

??

See Vx I' ve never said you' re fool cause you prefer PC RPGs (and you never pretended playing JRPG games before so it' s not really an objective opinion) but this quote above is the only thing I need to say he' s an IDIOT - I Think you' ll agree since you play some " Poor man' s PC" games yourself.

Anyway about RPG' s VX - there are some really amazing JAPANESE RPG GAMES - you can deny that , but that won' t change anything since these do exist any many gamers have played them.I' m not going to say that PC RPGS suck - it' s not true , but I like JRPGS much more.

And as far as I can see there are 2 or 3 guys here who don' t like console RPG' s so it' s not like everybody :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Feb 06 18:03:49 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 02:07
I meant there werent anyone who really played Baldurs Gate, NWN, and games like that.

I will gave JRPG a chance with Blue Dragon, and Lost odyssey, im really looking forward to both!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 02:20
See now your PC RPG preference is an opinion (Doesn' t really matter on how many RPG' s it' s based and if you have played JRPGs - it is your opinion for the day) - what that idiot was saying is ignorance.

He ain' t no gamer - he' s an IDIOT.
Bishonen

RE: Favorite RPG' s (Non japaneese games only) - Feb 27, 2006 02:27
...agreed...
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 161

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages