Your favourite game characters

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:17
The amount of creative freedom that videogames allow has led to some really interesting characters. Post your favourites...

Resident Evil was an overnight success on the Playstation, and Albert Wesker the captain of the S.T.A.R.S. unit and field leader of it' s Alpha Team has been there from the very beginning.

Weskers backstory is a work of genius!

Kazuya Mishima, thrown off a cliff by his father who claimed his son was weak, made a pact with the Devil ensuring he survived the fall and allowing him the opportunity to exact his revenge.

I was unbelieveably impressed with both Abes Oddysee and Exoddus. Some of the quirkiest characters in gaming history live in Oddworld and you can bet you' re bottom dollar we' ll be going there again soon enough! Abe is so uncool he' s cool!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:24
Duke Nukem is very cool, i really hope to see something of the forever game, that started its life on the Quake 2 engine.

Master Chief has nice comments in the games, his own confidence and the confidence of others in him is really cool as well

[image]http://img.engadget.com/common/images/6684703157179904.JPG?0.5872584624859513[/image]

Marcus from fallout, coolest mutant out there, carrying a big heavy machinegun to mow down bramin and scorpids

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 22 Jan 06 12:34:11 >

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:32
Never would have picked you for a Master Chief fan...

Ha, y' know i don' t think we' ll ever see Duke Nukem Forever. I admire what the guys at 3d Realms have done, ...developed the game with their own money, ...but even if they did release it i' m not sure how well it would do now. They' ve just done with Prey which should be out soon, and the Max Payne games were great, but they' d have to update the gameplay since times have moved on. Still, " when it' s done.." eh?!

I want them to remake Shaddow Warrior!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:35
Actually Prey has been in the works from before they started on Duke Nukem forever, i have no doubt we will see Duke Nukem forever, i predict we will see stuff from it this years E3.

Dont know why but its just a feeling i have!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:47
Before Sonic was born, Sega' s pseudo mascot was a big eared little munchkin named Alex Kidd.

The protagonist star fighter from various Konami shooters including the Gradius and Salamander series. So many weapon options, this ship is locked and loaded for action.

Elta, the young magician from the Neo-Geo game, Magician Lord. I' ve always dug his all-blue get up, hat included, and his ability to change into a number of other powerful forms. A launch title for the Neo-Geo arcade and home units, in my eyes, Magician Lord still remains the greatest Neo-Geo game ever made.

Sega' s Space Harrier is soo kool on soo many levels. One of my top 5 favorite games of all time.

< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 22 Jan 06 12:49:01 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 22, 2006 04:50
Bloody good effort Terry! Now that takes me back. I' m only 23 but i remember playing Alex Kidd to death (well not to death...)!!!

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 01:10
Gears of War, a contender for action ' game of the year' (well, it will be), and you play as Marcus Fenix, a former prisoner forced to fight. The games story is fairly interesting, but pretty much just an excuse to kill lots of beasties and blow stuff up.

Cough, ...erm...Ulala of Space Channel 5 infamy...what?

...what?

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 01:51
Just so cute! Cream the rabbit:

So sweet and innocent and just wants to br friendly.

King of fighters... Akira Yuki

Simply the greatest fighting character everyone, and ahem, for want of a better phrase, I like playing with him more than anyone else.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Well... duh.

And for that matter, any other chatacter by Sega as well. The girls from OutRun. Aiai and friends. Candy. Sarah. Vanessa. NiGHTS. Claris and Eliot. Reala.

Oh and the DOA girls too.

(Even if one of them is " 14" or whatever. Which is lies. Besides if she was 14 in DOA1 then that means she is about 24 now, which is fine. And if she is 14 in Ninja Gaiden that would mean she had to be 4 in DOA1 which is obviously just ridiculous. So I say " DOAGIRL" -loving FTW).

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 05:41

Ryu Hayabusa. bad-ass ninja who will fight everting and anything to get the job done

Master Cheif. soft spoken hard ass who wont take crap from covenents

Sam Fisher. the man' s a shadow. Never gets spotted by guards. and even when things get blown to hell he still keeps his cool.
< Message edited by boss hogg -- 23 Jan 06 5:16:30 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 09:46

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 23 Jan 06 19:00:16 >

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 11:56
Can I recommend HTTP://WWW.TINYPIC.COM as the optimum image hosting on Kikizo Forums from now on? They offer a simple .jpg URL for your hosted image that will avoid this kind of problem, and they' re free and very wasy to use.
< Message edited by Adam Doree -- 23 Jan 06 3:56:54 >

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 12:09
Good idea! Of course if people would LOOK at the text they are copy/pasting and just omit the [url=][/url] tags things would be fine. Asking too much? Perhaps.

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 13:18
Thanks for the link Adam.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 23, 2006 22:30

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

(Even if one of them is " 14" or whatever. Which is lies. Besides if she was 14 in DOA1 then that means she is about 24 now, which is fine. And if she is 14 in Ninja Gaiden that would mean she had to be 4 in DOA1 which is obviously just ridiculous. So I say " DOAGIRL" -loving FTW).

Word!

And for the record, the coolest character in any video game is:

Kung Lao!

When he appeared in MKII he stole the show. That was his best incarnation, but I also like using him in MK: Shaolin Monks.

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 25, 2006 07:50
...in my opinion none of your choices matches an Elite Warrior...

...Brutal... ...Technologically-advanced.... ...Fearless.... ...Cunning... Disciplined ...Noble and Righteous...

...these bastards would smear your pansy human ' warriors' around a room with out even blinking.....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 25, 2006 14:00
Except for Master Chief. But I agree with you, out of the Covenant, I like the Elite better than any other alien. And I love their scream/groan when they die

And yes, Master Chief (or John, spartan 117 for those who dn' t know) is the man and he will kick a shitload of covenant and flood ASS in Halo 3. And I' ll be happy to be his master and move the strings...

and how about this guy? don' t leave him out.

and him?

last but not least for today, how could you not have mentioned him by now? shame on you!

now this guy is the man for all the geeks out there seriously though, even though he can' t speak he' s one of my favourite game characters.

**Oh, did u guys know that 3d realms still don' t have the 360 in their studio, they' re still waiting on MS to ship it to them. read this

I' ve yet to touch the controller of any of them. I can' t find an X360 to buy in stores, and we have yet to get a development machine sent from Microsoft even though Prey is being developed for their system.
by Scott Miller, CEO at 3d Realms
< Message edited by KiLLer -- 25 Jan 06 6:11:57 >

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 25, 2006 19:12

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR

last but not least for today, how could you not have mentioned him by now? shame on you!

now this guy is the man for all the geeks out there seriously though, even though he can' t speak he' s one of my favourite game characters.

True. I like Gordon too.

**Oh, did u guys know that 3d realms still don' t have the 360 in their studio, they' re still waiting on MS to ship it to them. read this

I' ve yet to touch the controller of any of them. I can' t find an X360 to buy in stores, and we have yet to get a development machine sent from Microsoft even though Prey is being developed for their system.
by Scott Miller, CEO at 3d Realms

That' s f*cked up! LOL
Now I don' t feel so bad that I had to wait two weeks to play mine.

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 26, 2006 03:32
ye, someone else that likes gordon too. there is something about him, there' s this melancholic feeling surrounding him, or so it looks to me.

ye man, that is fucked up. I dunno what the hell MS is waiting for. Poor guys, they are the ones that make games and can' t even get their hands on a 360, and you' d think they might have connections to say...MS!!!!!!

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 26, 2006 06:36
Not that it would make that much difference really. I mean, by now you would hope that Forever is finished and just ready to be optimized for whatever console/platform it' s going to be released for. I heard it might not even make the PC and that Microsoft were looking for an exclusive.

Personally i hope it makes both PC and 360, and i doubt it' ll make PS3.

Anyhoo...Englands finest son...

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jan 28, 2006 06:52
i like rather dashing from the peasants quest game (who' s picture i cannot post because there' s an access error from every site i try)

I love luigi, just because he' s such an underdog

I also can really connect with Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, my dad has a best friend who is in spec-ops, darn near exactly like him. (as in i almost went into shock the first time i played the original SC)

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: Your favourite game characters - Feb 06, 2006 08:11
I happen to like The End from Metal Gear Solid 3 because I like the idea of having this old guy who can kick Snake' s puffy, white, snake eating behind with his eyes closed but leaves him alive anyway. I was also impressed with his death sequence, very Shinto-ish. Finally,he delivers the best quote in the game (in my opinion):
" Zzz...Zzz...Zzz...Zzz"

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Feb 06, 2006 08:40
Actually The End has 2 death sequences. Depending on how good you are you (like me) can totally kick his ass. He doesn' t " leave you alive" and dies quite happily.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Your favourite game characters - Feb 07, 2006 06:15
Yeah Gordon Freeman - great character - so easy to get into him :)

Nitro
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jun 02, 2008 22:25
Shit, i even started this one...

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jun 02, 2008 22:45
you have had obviously far too much time on your hands. Its nice to see these old threads as most pre-date my involvement here.

Hk-47, for being such a comedic sociopath.

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jun 02, 2008 23:40
My favourite video game character is in my avatar. and his name is Jann Lee from Dead or Alive series!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Your favourite game characters - Jun 03, 2008 10:49
One of my favorite characters(the first that popped into my head) is Urdnot Wrex from Mass Effect. I just liked his outlook and his response to everything.