Sleepless Gaming

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 01:12
What game (if ne) kept you from sleeping or basically having a life at all? For me it was Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind. I grew very addicted to that game, till the Game of the Year Edition for Xbox came out..I' m currently lifeless now

CapnCrunch311
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 01:23
The Gran Turismo series. My favorite events in them are the endurance races and I used to play them back to back... to back, to back, to back... and so on. I couldn' t get enough of it. I can' t wait for GT4 (espeacially now that I know Prologue Edition isn' t coming to North America).
Vote In The Hottest Women On The Net Contest!

GamerTag:CapnCrunch311
XBL Games: Crimson Skies, PGR2, Moto GP 2, RalliSport Challenge 2, Mech Assault, Ninja Gaiden

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 01:47
Hmmm...games don' t normally do that to me, but if there was one, I' d say it would have to be FF Tactics. After five years and 450 hours of total play time invested through four play-throughs, I guess it' s one of those games I just adore to death. And when I first got it, I spent a whole LOT of time with it all at once.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 02:54
Morrowind owned me for about 4-5 months straight. Nothing could get me off of it. Crazy level of addiction. Umm... Halo hand me pulling several all nighters when I got it. I played though the game like 6 times in a row. DOA3 just sat there silently as the other launch title I got with the Xbox. StarCraft is also one of the games that hand me staring blankly at the computer screen for hours on end.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 19:10
Halo (Both XBOX and PC) had (have) me playing multiplayer for hours on end any time someone is over. Also, Counter Strike(both versions), any Unreal Tournament, and almost any FF.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

CapnCrunch311
  • Total Posts : 285
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 19:31
Oh yeah, Halo. I was addicted to that too (but who wasn' t? ) I only had a few chances to play that 16 player on X Box but when I did, man, was it amazing! Good times.
Vote In The Hottest Women On The Net Contest!

GamerTag:CapnCrunch311
XBL Games: Crimson Skies, PGR2, Moto GP 2, RalliSport Challenge 2, Mech Assault, Ninja Gaiden

Preacher
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 20:02
Front Mission 3
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue 2
Virtua Fighter 4 evo
Gun Valkyrie
Phantasy Star Online
Starcraft
Project Zero/Fatal Frame

and many more I can' t recall just right now. Hardcore or sad? probably both.

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 23, 2004 22:07
Morrowind and FFX...I played both of those games nonstop for the longest time. I also have to add Grandia to that list as well. I remember my schedule playing that game...wake up and eat, play Grandia until 2 p.m., eat again, play Grandia some more, eat dinner, play Grandia until 2 in the morning, sleep. Repeat!

deadmeat
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Mar 24, 2004 12:35
This will sound dumb, but, Sim City, or Civilization are 2 games that kept me up nights. I was intensely addicted to those games.
Later,
deadmeat
xbox live gamertag: deadmeat

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 03:58
Final Fantasy XI kept me a little too busy. I got the the point where in a month, I would have logged atleast a week worth of play time. That' s just one game

Then I suddenly decided that MMORPG' s aren' t for me right now, I have too much going on to spend all day leveling up and farming.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 04:46
Wow Fathoms....

ummm...

Been outside the house much?

fathoms
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 13:30
Joe: Heh...that was when I was in college. Probably 300 of those 450 hours came in two years, and the rest over the last part of the five years. With a full-time job, that' s tough to do now (of course), and my game time is limited to about 10-15 hours per week.

I' ve never been able to play 40-50 hours per week like those insane MMORPG players. That' s just sick. LOL
Kikizo Staff Writer

PS2Poodoo
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 20:34

ORIGINAL: fathoms
I' ve never been able to play 40-50 hours per week like those insane MMORPG players. That' s just sick. LOL

lol hell ya it is. When I used to play, if I were grouped up with some people and we were doing very well for a few hours I would say I had to go and people would go psycho on me. I would say " I' ve been online for 6 hours it' s time to eat and take a damn shower!" , and they would go crazy on me.

Those games are like a drug

fathoms
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 20:40
Yeah, those people have NO lives. 6 hours isn' t even long for them. They will literally sit there for 50 hours a week and play (if you can even call that " playing" ).

Personally, I can' t play a game for more than 2 or 3 hours in a row. And those hours will probably be it for the day. Some truly great games (FFT, CV: SotN, SMK, FF VII, etc.) could feasibly keep me playing for 6 hours, but that would be a LONG session, and I probably wouldn' t go back to it for a GOOD 24 hours. LOL
Kikizo Staff Writer

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 21, 2004 21:14
FFX, Zelda: Ocarina, Unreal 2004, MoH:AA

Idekii
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 23, 2004 09:13
Anything that I' m close to beating. I' ve stayed up to ridiculous hours for the purposes of beating Wind Waker, Skies of Arcadia, Final Fantasy X, and Xenogears, to name a few.
" The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves."
-from Oedipus Rex

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 23, 2004 13:41
Halo
Halo
Halo

skurf
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 24, 2004 19:06
StarCraft and Morrowind.

PS2Poodoo
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 24, 2004 19:18

ORIGINAL: Sharon

Halo
Halo
Halo

you must have an extensive gaming collection

RCOrcutt
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 25, 2004 21:03
Dragon Warrior 7

Played it for 165 hrs.

otaku
  • Total Posts : 195
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 29, 2004 21:52
The story of the day I got my dreamcast - summerised!

I got off the plane at about 9am after a 9 hour journey from India on the 28th Dec 1998. I didnt sleep at all on the plane, or the night before as I was travelling to Delihi airport from another town quite a few hours away by car. I was dragged there on holiday by my parents and all I did there was sit on the net and read about Dreamcast.

I got home in Northwest London at 11AM.

I then phoned New Age Consoles in Croydon, and they had the DC in So I rushed stright there which took me about 2 hours.

I tested the DC there for over an hour .to make sure it all worked nicely before handing my hard earned cash over. Then had a 2hour journey back home.

I was exausted by this point! But when I got home I had to try Sonic Adventure, the game I had been drooling over for months. That try ended up as what seemed endless hours playing till I finished Sonic' s Story. I fell asleep during Tails story (not because it was boring, but because I really was tired). I then remember wakeing up in my bed, my dad had put me there so I could have a good sleep. I remember how upset he was when I woke up and ran stright back to the Dreamcast where I played even more.

I cant rememebr exactly how much I played back then, but it was a lot. those were the days!
Sharan Dev Jain
http://www.theotaku.co.uk

konrad
  • Total Posts : 431
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 30, 2004 14:47
project gotham 2, played that for 151 hours, and im still playing like crazy, halo, obviously, and shenmue 2. I got shenmue 2 for x-mas, i played it a long time, wake up, eat, play 5 hours, eat, play the rest of the day.

metroidhunter2004
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Sleepless Gaming - Jun 30, 2004 14:55
Grand Theft Auto Vice City... I' d probaly punch everybody in the game just to see what they say.
I' m still drunk from drinking water. :b