Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 20, 2005 13:30

ORIGINAL: J_Dizzle

and dude, chee saw, of course middle anakin over reacted, he was being manipulated by the emperor, plus he was wicked powerful and couldnt be with his wife. and the love story is not tripe as it sets up the rest of the series. youre crazy man, crazy.

No, no. I didn' t say anakin " over reacted" , I said Hayden Christiansen " over acted" . There is something to be said for the subleties of acting. The accoplished actor knows how to convey the slightest details with such precision and emotion that you feel that you aren' t just watching a character, but a living, feeling person. They get you to care about the person you see on screen.

Example:

In the original Star Wars Trilogy, Harrison Ford portrayed Han Solo as an emotionally multi-layered being. He made you care about the character, and hope for a favorable outcome. Alec Guiness' portrayal of Obi-Wan was also dead-on. You felt like he " was" a wise old Jedi.

Don' t get me wrong. I' m not saying Hayden is a " bad" actor. It may have been in the directing, but I felt that the subtle nuances of human emotion were not accurately portrayed in the prequels.

As far as the love story being tripe; even George Lucas himself admitted that he is not the best writer of love stories. Sci-fi? One of the masters! Visionary? Unquestionable! Love story? Leave it to Harlequin!
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 20, 2005 23:36
To me, LOR is the better series.

Star Wars just never really got me into the space adventure mood. I was (and still am) more of a Star Trek fan.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 28, 2005 04:10
I don' t think they compare

Star Wars Vs LotR books are a better way to compare the two.

Peter Jackson didn' t come up with an awesome plot ,idea and scenery and Lucas did.
I don' t count new episodes as SW - it' s more of a stupid expansion.

That said I don' t even think that the LotR movie felt half as good as the book.

Both trilogies where expensive to produce , but it truly is offending George when u compare them like that :)
Star Wars Music Vs LotR Music? not even worth comparing
SW Special effects back then Vs LOTR effects today? just silly
The Cast of characters and the way they were played by actors? K.O. LotR
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 23 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages