Kinect

Edwin
  • Total Posts : 658
  • Reward points : 6855
Kinect - Jun 14, 2010 09:22
Do you know, I think this actually looks worse than I thought.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/14/kinect-gets-its-first-videos/

IGN has a nice write-up of the event - http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096874p1.aspx

"For me, the highlight of the evening was watching Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki walk into the event in his white robe, taking in the scene behind his traditional sunglasses. He looked around a few times, stood quietly for a few moments and then turned around and left."

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Kinect - Jun 14, 2010 18:19
Oh Dear :( 

Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Kinect - Jun 14, 2010 20:28
Xbox slim is far more interesting.  I might even buy one.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Re:Kinect - Jun 14, 2010 22:07
Kinect looks HORRIBLE!   Only pussies will buy it.  Look at the 3rd video on the page linked to in the first post.  The dad driving is a complete pussy.  So much so that his adopted daughter (he is obviously infertile) with plastic butterfly wings and to grab his sorry ass when he crashes on the weakest game on the platform.

With games like Kintect Sports and Kinectimals, it is not only obvious that Nintendo won this generation, they annihilated it.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Kinect - Jun 15, 2010 04:42
Not this motion control crap again.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Kinect - Jun 15, 2010 20:56

XBOX SLIM

KINECT

...in that order.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Edwin
Re:Kinect - Jun 16, 2010 12:32
It looks better than Move, I'll give it that.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Kinect - Jun 16, 2010 16:43
I disagree.

Whiles there's no denying that kinect offers something new, i think it's a little too forward thinking. While pretending to hold a steering wheel or shot gun with no buttons is certainly attractive for Non-gamers, Core gamers would no doubt find this also limits the depth of control.

Nunchuck = precise Movement
Sticks = Rumble/Feedback

Sony done the right thing by improving on the Wii's 1:1 motion controls (or lack of, without Motion+) but keeping the same basics Nintendo left at default; Nunchuck and pointer, extra buttons Etc. The analogue stick on the nunchuck makes all the difference IMO, Games like COD, Crysis, Portal should play perfectly adaptable... Willow 2 looked easy to pick up but a precise depth too..

Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Edwin
Re:Kinect - Jun 16, 2010 18:42
Oh I'll grant you Kinect isn't all that suited to the core audience. There's a basic level of precision and responsiveness you need with (e.g.) a first-person shooter or action game that 'controller-free gaming' doesn't afford, from what they've shown at least. But I suspect/hope Kinect will spawn its own particular, unique assortment of gaming genres and subgenres, while all I can see Move doing is following in the Wii's footsteps.

I'm very ready to be proved wrong :)

Joe Redifer
Re:Kinect - Jun 16, 2010 22:19
You will never be able to hold a shotgun in a Kintectic game because one hand will hold the invisible barrel and it will block the camera from seeing the trigger finger.  And what if the imaginary shotgun has super-recoil and knocks you over the back of your couch?  What if you saw off the front of the imaginary shotgun.  How will Kinectica know this?

Move looks better, but it still looks hyper-gay.

Microsoft had the worst showing of E3.  Nintendo, the best.  MS lost.  Big time.  They made me feel ashamed to own a 360. 
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Jun 16, 2010 22:21>

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Kinect - Jun 17, 2010 05:28
Virtua fighter 5

I disagree.

Whiles there's no denying that kinect offers something new, i think it's a little too forward thinking. While pretending to hold a steering wheel or shot gun with no buttons is certainly attractive for Non-gamers, Core gamers would no doubt find this also limits the depth of control.

Nunchuck = precise Movement
Sticks = Rumble/Feedback

Sony done the right thing by improving on the Wii's 1:1 motion controls (or lack of, without Motion+) but keeping the same basics Nintendo left at default; Nunchuck and pointer, extra buttons Etc. The analogue stick on the nunchuck makes all the difference IMO, Games like COD, Crysis, Portal should play perfectly adaptable... Willow 2 looked easy to pick up but a precise depth too..

I'm calling BS on it being true 1:1, as it is also BS of motion+ being true 1:1.  But n1gaf about true 1:1 anyways, motion games are for gaytarded family games.  Kinect 1 ups the retard level by making you pretend even more.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Edwin
Re:Kinect - Jun 17, 2010 17:26

No sit-down gaming or movie playback? I take it all back. GTFO.

http://kotaku.com/5565777/xbox-kinect-does-not-play-well-with-couch-potatoes

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:Kinect - Jun 17, 2010 18:24
I'm not sure MS are stupid enough to make it standing play only - especially if the next Forza is a Kinect title.  Either way, it all looks horrible to me.  I sold my Wii. I don't want MS & Sony ripping it off and asking me to pay for the priviledge of going back there.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Edwin
Re:Kinect - Jun 18, 2010 09:27
Thoughts on the pricing of Kinect/Move? Apparently you don't need to buy the Move's nav stick if you don't want to - just use your Sixaxis. Hmmm.

Joe Redifer
Re:Kinect - Nov 20, 2010 06:55
I know a lot of the many, many people on this site are Xbox whores, so what do you think about Kinect now that it's out?  Supposedly well over a million units already sold.  Also, be sure to go to the options and uncheck the part where it sends feedback to help "enhance your experience".  If you leave this checked, that means Kinect will let advertisers watch you masturbate.