Battlefield Heroes Open Beta

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jun 30, 2009 22:06
Anyone else been playing the Open Beta for Battlefield Heroes?

If you don't remember it's a free game with options to buy visual stuff for real money.  

It's kind of battlefield meets team fortress.

At first I didn't like it much but after playing it for a few days I like it a lot.  

Commando suites my playing style perfectly.

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jun 30, 2009 22:34
I have been playing the beta . It has now gone live . I just got an email with Beta Medals as rewards for participating in the beta  .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 07:42
I played the beta when it first opened up. It was entertaining. Vehicles are disappointingly broken.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 08:35
Playing FPS betas is retarded.

locopuyo
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 10:49
Eddie_the_Hated

I played the beta when it first opened up. It was entertaining. Vehicles are disappointingly broken.

What do you mean?

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 15:19
Got it running on my netbook surprisenly. So yeah Ive been playing it. It is choppy and all setting are minimal for my basic hardware so I have to put  it on my desktop PC later.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 18:44

Playing FPS betas is retarded.
Then what betas aren't retarded? Shitty MMOs?

emofag
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 02, 2009 18:52
mastachefbkw

Then what betas aren't retarded? Shitty MMOs?

Yes.

It makes no sense to have a public beta test for a FPS, that's f*ucking lazy or just done for publicity purposes, completely unnecesary.  All they need to beta test it is to give the game to 20 employees, they don't need hundreds/thousands of random people testing it.  The day a FPS comes out that can have 2000 vs 2000 deathmatch and city size maps is the day they should be beta tested.
<message edited by emofag on Jul 02, 2009 18:54>

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 03, 2009 18:56
Started playing a couple of days ago, and so far I am really enjoying it. Easy, fun, and addictive. Eddie, you need to expand on what you said about the vehicle controls being broken, because I have no complaints with them.

Tag for BFH is same as 360: PredatoryElk
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 05:37
I remember the plane to be absolutely uncontrollable, but I haven't played it in quite a number of months. Maybe they've cleaned it up, maybe I just have a small sample of the game from which to draw my opinion.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

emofag
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 08:39
Eddie_the_Hated

I remember the plane to be absolutely uncontrollable, but I haven't played it in quite a number of months. Maybe they've cleaned it up, maybe I just have a small sample of the game from which to draw my opinion.

... and maybe you're just a fucking moron.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 15:41
Well the planes really do control like shit.  And they're pretty useless too.  They only have machine guns that shoot straight.  It would be better if the game had bombers.  Then the fighter planes could be used for something.  Meanwhile the tanks seem unbalanced at times.  It would have been better if they took damage from all weapons even if only reduced.  That way you could have a hope of taking one out and the tanker could attract some prey.

The game is pretty decent though.  I just play without vehicles.  The only downside to playing without vehicles is that I don't get to shoot down the planes, which is fun.  I wouldn't pay for it but considering that its free, its worth the time to download.  Its very simplistic but actually kind of addictive.  I only tried the Soldier class and i have to say it's not my style.  It seems like I don't have the HP to tank a gunner and the other class is very good at stabbing me.  A knife should not beat a shotgun, ever. 

Two big gripes I have with the game besides the vehicles is the absence of running.  WTF?  The other issue is the spawn system, its extremely dumb.

Other than that, its still a worthy time waster if you have nothing compelling to play. 

<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jul 04, 2009 15:43>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 17:47

It makes no sense to have a public beta test for a FPS, that's f*ucking lazy or just done for publicity purposes, completely unnecesary.  All they need to beta test it is to give the game to 20 employees, they don't need hundreds/thousands of random people testing it.  The day a FPS comes out that can have 2000 vs 2000 deathmatch and city size maps is the day they should be beta tested.

It's about publicity, fucktard.

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 18:21
Oh, yeah. And you can't switch classes mid-match. That's frustrating as hell.

emofag
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 04, 2009 20:57
Eddie_the_Hated

It's about publicity, fucktard.

Um, that's what I said?   No really, I was just kidding before, but now I'm convinced you're an actual retard.  Go play halo on PS3 you dumb fuck. 
<message edited by emofag on Jul 04, 2009 21:01>

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 05, 2009 05:17

It makes no sense to have a public beta test for a FPS, that's f*ucking lazy or just done for publicity purposes, completely unnecesary.

You contradict yourself at least once there, depending on which part of that sentence you're sticking with.

You seem to have a thing for me Emo. I draw your ire more than most. Teenage boys do it for you, eh?

emofag
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 05, 2009 11:10
Actually, that's the 2nd or 3rd time you've suggested I have a sexual interest in you, what are you trying to tell us?  It probably turns you on when I insult you, you sick little homo.

And there is nothing contradictory about what you quoted, perhaps you're just retarded?  Yes, you are.
<message edited by emofag on Jul 05, 2009 14:22>

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 06, 2009 14:27
So, I've put some more time into this and I have to say that the Soldier class is near useless. If it's not a Heavy Gunner kicking the shit out of me at close range or a little spy somehow knifing me while I am shooting him I am routinely killed by a sniper in the background. I made another hero in the Heavy Gunner class and it instantly makes the entire game easier and more enjoyable because you're not respawning all of the time. I hope that EA addresses this in a patch down the line, because as a whole this is a very enjoyable game that has the potential to be big.

Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

locopuyo
Re:Battlefield Heroes Open Beta - Jul 06, 2009 19:06
canadagamer

So, I've put some more time into this and I have to say that the Soldier class is near useless. If it's not a Heavy Gunner kicking the shit out of me at close range or a little spy somehow knifing me while I am shooting him I am routinely killed by a sniper in the background. I made another hero in the Heavy Gunner class and it instantly makes the entire game easier and more enjoyable because you're not respawning all of the time. I hope that EA addresses this in a patch down the line, because as a whole this is a very enjoyable game that has the potential to be big.

I play together with a few friends and one of them is a soldier all the time.  He doesn't have problems doing well.  I'm not really sure what he does, but you have to use the fire bullets and the shotgun is good too.