Swedish elections

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Swedish elections - Jun 08, 2009 05:01
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/swedish-pirate-party-headed-to-european-parliament.ars

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/02/rick-falkvinge-is-the-face.ars

"The final returns are still being counted, but Sweden's Pirate Party (Piratpartiet) has secured at least one seat in today's elections for the European Parliament."

"The Swedish result makes the Pirate Party the fifth most popular in the country, and one of eight to have cleared the four percent threshold."

LOL
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 08, 2009 23:49
I don't see how this is funny.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 00:15
emofag

I don't see how this is funny.

Maybe not HAHA funny, but it is amusing that there is a Pro-Piracy candidate and they won an election.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 03:26
hmm swedish blondes.. 

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 03:42

hmm swedish blondes.. 
mmmmm quez...

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 22:57
What was at stake with the swedes? I know Piratepartiet won a seat, but I heard labour/leftist parties got stomped across the board in the UK.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 10, 2009 00:19
Eddie_the_Hated

What was at stake with the swedes? I know Piratepartiet won a seat, but I heard labour/leftist parties got stomped across the board in the UK.

The Labour party got stomped, but that's expected.  Brown has never won over the British public since he succeeded Blair.  He's being a good captain though, staying on the ship until it has sank to the ocean floor.  The tories didn't do that well in comparison.

The Liberal Democrats made small gains and they're more left wing on most issues than Labour.  UKIP did very well on a "Get Britain out the EU" ticket and unfortunately the BNP made strides. There's a massive expenses scandal in Britain just now which has hit all the major parties and fringe parties such as the BNP have capitalised on it.

You'll need Quez to explain what's up with the Swedes though.  I'm a bit upset I couldn't vote for the Swedish Pirate Party with my European Parliament vote.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***