The E3 Thread

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42
immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 17:22
Starting a thread for E3, so we don't wash the forum's away in single topics. Enjoy, I'll be at work until late tonight so I wont be able to enjoy E3 as it happens.

I guess we may as well throw out some predictions:
New Halo game/project shown.
God Of War 3 shown again.
Nintendo announces Mario/Zelda in 10 second teaser then masturbates all over stage about casual games.
MS, Sony, and Nintendo side-step discussing the inevitable next wave of consoles.
Sega announces Shenmue 3 does not exist, for the 100th time.
Sega then shows Shenmue 4 behind closed doors and it sucks.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 18:39
Microsoft E3 Keynote announcements...

Epic are announcing a completely new game (not sure if it's actually going to be during the keynote)

Meh... Beatles: Rock Band bullshit... full albums available for download... Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia are at the conference... meh meh meh... I hate Ringo Star.

Tony hawks RIDE rubbish... we know all this and we're not fucking interested! ...cartoony visuals... neon lights that follow you when you jump... what a load of bollocks.

Modern Warfare 2 trailer!

Modern Warfare 2 ...fucking gameplay! Snowy mountains... climbing with an ice pick... tons of detail... more stealth gameplay than the first game... can strangle enemies with bare hands... plenty of explosions... snowmobile shooting section that was in the trailer... good ol' Infinity Ward.

Modern Warfare 2 will receive 2 downloadable map packs after release.

Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama (FFXIII directors) are on-stage... FFXIII running on 360... Odin... fighting on train... swords etc... Spring 2010 release.

EPIC ARE ON STAGE!!! New IP called Shadow Complex... and it's an... WTF!? An XBLA game? "Exploration punctuated by moments of combat" ...looks reasonable... exclusive to 360. Big wow :-( Kinda looks like Metroid... has hookshot, triple jump etc... quasi 2/3D... meh.

EPIC have left the stage... :-(

Joyride... XBLA karting game from MGS. Not what Microsoft need to be focussing on. This is a little lame. Looks like it's going to be free and you can use your Avatar.

FUCKING YES!!! Crackdown 2!!! CG trailer only though...

WHOOP! Left 4 dead 2!!! Motherfucking chainsaws! Nov 17th release...

Splinter Cell: Conviction gameplay... looks like Washington... Mazime Beland is saying that Conviction has changed quite a lot... Sam's cleanshaven... being hunted by Third Echelon... has new "Mark and Execute" abilities... controls looks fluid and responsive, not as awkward as in previous games... shooting people in the head... melee combat vs groups of attackers... he's nimble for a guy his age... getting a Bourne (movie not game) vibe... fall 2009 release.

FORZA 3... out in October this year! ...runs at 60fps and is the "best looking racing game on any console" ...player created content... rewind like in GRID... can create and upload HD video using ingame editor, kinda like Halo 3... racing through... a... city...? Forza is the new PGR?

ODST gameplay!!! Motherfuckers thir is a GOD!!! Set in New Mombasa, weeks before Halo 3. Dark and gloomy... original halo pistol returns... new low light vision mode... new online co-op mode... releases Sept 22nd 2009!!!

Wait Bungie have something else... Xbox 360 only... Halo fucking reach!!! Our in 2010... buy ODST and you'll get an invite to the Reach multiplayer beta. Short trailer...

Alan Wake (I think Microsoft just won E3... before it's even started)... abandoned building in the woods. Flashlight attached to gun... Alan looks different than the last time we saw him... hooded sweatshirt under a suit jacket and jeans... weird spooky shit in a forest... shooting in faces... cable car... nothing we haven't already seen or done in Silent Hill or Resident Evil... but looks cool as fuck! Huh... looks like it might be told in episodes like Alone in the Dark... enemies don't like light... suprize bulldozer attack! Out spring 2010.

Microsoft have partnership with Last.fm... available to XBL users at no additional charge. Kinda cool.

NetFlix... Sky... relaunching service with Zune HD release this year... full 1080p video's... movie and TV show steaming... no need to download...

Some sort or partnership with Facebook... basically access to Facebook through the guide... with added Facebook Connect... can post screenshots to your profile...???

Microsoft are bringing Twitter to Xbox 360. 

Kojima is on stage!!! Metal Gear Solid Rising announced for 360!!!! What the fuck is Metal Gear Solid Rising??? Looks like a new game that has Raiden in it...

Motion sensing camera announced... and it looks like an advanced from of EyeToy. Boring family orientated bullshit. Has voice recognition... it's called Project Natal and it extends further than games. Looks like you can choose films etc using voice control.

Steven Spielberg just walked onstage... "It's not about reinventing the wheel, it's about no wheel at all" ...looks like its camera orientated.

Using camera will sign you into your profile automatically using facial recognition... can navigate dash blades by waving hand...

Tech demo running on UE3.0 and including XBL Avatars... impressive-ish jap at Nintendo's preset "waggle".

Some Paint Party shit, again running on UE3.0 ... choosing colours by saying "white" etc...

Peter Molyneux's on stage... "That thing in our hands that has evolved and got more complex" has become "a barrier", he says. Natal will "change the landscape of the games we play" ...again camera based... very Molyneux but not that interesting. Can interact with water and animals with your hand... looks like a good use of the tech... can drak a fish on paper and have it translate into a digital fish in the "game" world vis the camera.

Conference appears to be over...

<message edited by Nitro on Jun 01, 2009 20:33>

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 19:53
ooooh shit....Hideo Kojima....

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 19:56
Great turn of events. Instead of going in at 2, they asked me to go to 415 shift, so Ive been watching.

Nitro, your updates have been better than the text updates on IGN and G4. Everyone who cant watch the stream owes you a huge thanks.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 19:57
KICKASS! Anything more on this Halo 1 pistol? Is it just in the single player or will this be in multiplayer somehow?
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:06
locopuyo

KICKASS! Anything more on this Halo 1 pistol? Is it just in the single player or will this be in multiplayer somehow?

No details. It looks to be a cross between the H1 and H2 pistols. Similar to what was shown in the first Halo 2 footage. I would assume that the silenced scoped smg and the pistol will be in Halo Reach, and the ODST Firefight Co-op. But seeing as how the MP will be Halo 3, as in literally, I doubt it.

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:08
yeah I was thinking maybe they would just add new weapons and gear as options to put it in forge.

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:11
So I thought MGS was the end, maybe they have another huge announcement left? I hope so. Looks like Sony and the big N wont be able to top this.

I knew Peter Moore. I was a fan of Peter Moore. AND YOU, MR MATTRICK, ARE NO PETER MOORE!

<message edited by immortaldanmx on Jun 01, 2009 20:14>

Johnny Jiron
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:16
That Natal thing actually looks pretty good. Ever seen The Island? MS had some ingame advert pretty much showing exactly that only refined. The conference started pretty dull and reallyy managed to pick up big time...

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:29
Im calling it. E3 is over, and MS wins. Natal shits all over the Wii, and the games(ODST, REACH, Alan Wake, L4D 2, MW2, Crackdown 2, MGS) top anything Sony could have. And while the XBL Arcade games werent the greatest, the already known line-up will top PSN.

As far as the new services, Im only interested in watching movies, listening to music, and viewing pics in the party.

Molyneux's game bored me. I dont care what most real people have to say, why do I care about his fake character that has no bearing on the real world? The conference shouldve ended with Halo, followed by the MGS anouncement.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:42
i'm very satisfied with what ms brought to the table, amazing conference, great games, the project natal seems brilliant (yes i'm sceptical about it) , and the new services are an awesome addition, they really nailed it. the only let down i think is the absence of a new exclusive AAA IP in the show.
Listen to the wise

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:44
Oh yeah!  Xbox360 has a Metal gear game with Raiden in it!  Now there is no reason to like a PS3 as Metal Gear Solid 4 was the ONLY good game on the console.  Oh yeah Xbox 360 oh yeah oh yeah!  Waitaminute... I don't even like Metal Gear games (except for the first Solid).  Still though, I bet Xbox 360 fanboys are having a field day hating on the PS3 right now.

Johnny Jiron
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 20:49
Oh gawd i made the mistake of browsing N4G's comments section...oh fer fuck sake i just wrote 'gawd' without even thinking about it...

Edit Update:
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19806/Microsoft-Announces-Xbox-360-Games-on-Demand/

<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Jun 01, 2009 21:43>

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 21:53
That's cool but I don't know if I believe it when they don't provide any source at all....

Johnny Jiron

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 22:15
k I believe it like that :) You guys ready for Charm Girls Club?!?!?!?! EA is really kicking ass!

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 22:21
I'm happy for the Halo and Crackdown announcements.  I'm not a MGS fan, but Left 4 Dead 2 is  a bit of a shock.  Why not just give me a couple of downloadable campaigns for Left 4 Dead 1?
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 01, 2009 23:44
Now all I need to see is more ME2, Bioshock 2, Half-Life, a Mario/Zelda announcement(not windwaker bs), and GOWIII gameplay.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 01:38
Conviction looks fucking superb. I'm infinitely glad they took it back to the drawing board.

Post it here, or email me when the Modern Warfare 2 gameplay footage gets upped somewhere? P's & Q's!
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Johnny Jiron
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 03:35
its been up on gametrailers
EDIT: But GT is having issues...
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Jun 02, 2009 03:36>

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 14:26
Well MS presser was impressive, but at the same time it seemed to lack something as well. The amount of time they put into showing off Beatles Rock Band was overly excessive, and frankly I really don't see the point of even spotlighting the game during your presser. That time could have been used to maybe show off Mass Effect 2 (the absence of the game from the presser surely means the game is multi-platform), Assasin's Creed 2 would have been nice to see or at least mentioned, but most of all where was the announcement of any brand new IP's from MS? Natal is very cool, and that Milo demo blew me away. Modern Warfare 2 with full body control anyone?

So far though, the game that I have been the most pleasantly surprised with is Saboteur. I don't know what it is, but watching the gameplay demo got me pumped for this game. Oh, and I can't forget about the announcement of Crackdown 2. Crackdown was a very good game but definately was downplayed due to the Halo 3 beta code invites included with the game. Nice to see a sequel. Anyone else see anything that impressed that they weren't expecting to be impressed by?
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 14:41
I thought that video control thingy was pretty cool. I don't want to play games with it but it will be cool to use all that stuff for navigating menus and playing movies without a remote or controller.

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 15:22
You liked the Milo thing? I have a hard time giving a shit about a fake character that has no bearing on real life. Im more interested in the motion control aspect. A motion-controlled tennis game would be sick, and shit all over the Wii's waggle.

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 15:25
Joe Redifer

Now there is no reason to like a PS3 as Metal Gear Solid 4 was the ONLY good game on the console.

More or less. Until God of War 3 releases MGS4 was the only good game.

Nitro
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 18:59
Nintendo's Conference...

Apparently they have  "innovation in the form of the next leap forward in game control" ...though it's obviously all about Motion Plus and nothing new.
  "Mario in 3D was great. I think everyone remembers leaping into the pictures in the castle" ...which is true... but how are they going to follow Galaxy? BY RE-RELEASING NSMB AND GIVING IT 4 PLAYER CO-OP OFCOURSE!!! DUH!!! Very LittleBigPlanet... total awesomlessness...

What's next? Wii Fit Plus!!! Obviously! It has 15 new balance games... including juggling!!! Fuck yeah this blows!!!

Wii Sports Resort... with skydiving... and stuff...

Red Steel 2... which debuted the other day and admittedly looks really good.

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers... blah...

Kingdom Hearts for DS... blah...

Bowzers Inside Story... a DS RPG... blah...

Golden Sun DS... blah...

HOLY FUCK... the BIG one!!! James Patterson's Women's Murder Club Games of Passion for DS!!! yes!!!

Cop: The Recruit... for DS... yeah...

Style Savvy... a girlie fashion game developed specifically for our very own VF...

WarioWare DIY... meh...

Zelda Spirit Tracks... whic we've seen already and looks pretty good...

Oh look the Wii Vitality Sensor!!! Yay... it measures yout pulse... and stuff...

...next up... Super Mario Galaxy 2... which like the first is going to be killer. Shame that SMG2 and Red Steel 2 are all they really have for E3...

Team Ninja logo... and they're developing Metroid: Other M... or some shit.

...and that's it apart from some Dead Space: Extraction and Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles trailers. Only RE of which looks any good.

Roll on Sony's conference...

Nitro
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 19:15
And Sony are up...

Typical montage of videos of already announced games...

364 games coming out on PS platform this year (PS2, PSN, PS3 and PSP)...

Apparently Sony think they had a record year last year... 2009 will be better they say!

"We don't intend to see an end to PS2 after ten years" ...which isn't what i was hoping he'd say...

PS2 will get another 100 titles this year...

PS3 releasing in Brazil, Uruguay and Paraguay in 2009! Yay?

inFamous is this summer biggest blockbuster title according to Sony. It's not... that honour will go to Fight Night Round 4... but inFamous is still fuck awesome.

Uncharted 2... beta starts tonight... singleplayer gameplay showing... game looks amazing... there's a helicopter blowing 7 shades of shit out of the building your in... looks epic...

Meh... MAG... which i have zero fucking in... 256 players... blah blah... even COD4 sucks when you have more than 20 in a match...

PSP Go! Which was leaked by Sony through Qube the other day... will cost $250 (which is stupid)... and so they are essentially relaunching it.

Assassins Creed, LocoRoco 2, Gran Turismo (which runs at 60fps and has 800 cars and 35 tracks)

Video delivery service natively through PSP...

Go! and GT PSP are releasing 1st October 2009...

Kojima!!! And a demonstration of Metal Gear: Peace Walker for PSP... featuring Solid Snake! Set 10 years after Snake Eater... in the 70s... height of the cold war... set in Colombia? Back to the jungle?
<message edited by Nitro on Jun 02, 2009 19:58>

immortaldanmx
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 20:04
Im confused how 2009 was a 'record year'? They were dead last in console and software sales.

Did they mention if Gran Turismo will have destructible cars this time? I missed that showing of it.

Nitro
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 20:30
The Assassins Creed 2 demo looked good... and they just announced FF14 Online (meh) will be exclusive to PS3. Now they're talking about motion control... and now a nervous as fuck (embarassingly so) pair of guys showing a new Wiimote-esque controller. It's 1 to 1 like Motion Plus.

Shitty first demo, but possibly good use of the tech. Right now though Red Steel 2's use of Motion Plus and Project Natala look superior.
<message edited by Nitro on Jun 02, 2009 20:34>

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 20:36
Sony needs to start doing something... It would suck if the next XBox didn't have any competition. I hope PS4 isn't another Wii.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 20:49
Sony conference is looking the best so far.. apart from the PSP stuff.

I missed the Nintendo one tho..
<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Jun 02, 2009 21:14>
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 21:21
Gran Tourismo.  FINALLY!

I was never a big fan of the series but I really enjoyed Prologue.   And COD MW2 looks badass.

I won't even watch the Nintendo conference.  You know its shit if VF isn't even talking about it.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jun 03, 2009 02:15>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Abasoufiane
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 23:23
is it me or kikizo's dead, seriously  two years ago i remember there was a separate thread for each major title with dozens of comments from all members, what a shame... it was great place
Listen to the wise

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 23:34
I know man, at least there is some activity going on right now though. A week ago there was only a new a post every 2 days.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 02, 2009 23:38
Most excited about APB after the last few days - the character development looks immense, and the police vs gangs MMO idea is intruiging.  Renewed excitement for KOTOR3.  Mass Effect 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are both a given.  Splinter Cell looks interesting enough.

Still looking forward to NFS: Shift and Left 4 Dead 2 was a nice surprise.  Assassins Creed 2 and Forza 3 were as expected really nothing more for now.

Not as excited as I thought I would be for Heavy Rain and Alan Wake though.  HR seems heavily based on quicktime events, and Alan Wake gives me bad flashbacks to Alone in the Dark.  Eww..

Halo cinematics were good too.  But I've never liked the floaty feel to the games.

Brutal Legend looks incredible.

Quite impressed by MS' Natal and the Milo demo (although hard to know how much was canned).

Blur takes the prize for most disappointing.

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 00:40
I was expecting at least one announcement from Rare .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Abasoufiane
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 00:56
i think both cony's and microsoft's conference were pretty good while nintendo's was crap as usual, what i really loved:

PS3:

The last guardian (Trico)
Uncharted 2
The new motion controler
God of war 3
assassin's creed 2

Xbox 360

Natal
MGS risen
splinter cell
alan wake
peter molyneux tech

technically i found the ps3 to be far more impressive, the console seems to be showing its true superiority, the physics were insane in uncharted 2 and the last guardian looked nothing short of amazing, probably the bext game i have ever seen, i couldn't stop wndering  how they pulled it off on such an aging hardware.

<message edited by Abasoufiane on Jun 03, 2009 00:57>
Listen to the wise

locopuyo
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 02:10
lolololololololollololololololol

killemoff
  • Total Posts : 173
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 07:54
Best things off E3 so far?

Uncharted 2 trailer

And:

Dude.... HO MISSILES!

EDIT: Add this Modern Warfare 2 gameplay trailer to the mix.

<message edited by killemoff on Jun 03, 2009 08:02>

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 09:24
To me it looks like Sony tried to be clever and "leak" information about the PSP Go at the weekend so they hoped everyone would be talking about it on Monday and take the wind out of MS' presentation.

They failed

Natal is the biggest thing at the conference, sure it will probably be mainly used for shovelware, but as a leap forward for the 360 (and presumably the next gen xbox too) it really is a big step. Basically if it means they roll out some silly party type games like wii play I won't need to go out and get a wii for the family to play on.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Re:The E3 Thread - Jun 03, 2009 15:01
Sony's presser was very impressive, and I would almost say it was more impressive than MS. I say this because Sony showed off more games, even if some are multi-platform they at least showed them off along with their exclusives.

The more and more I think about it, it seems as though MS really didn't have much to SHOW at E3 and so filled the first 20-30 minutes of the presser with Beatles Rockbank. Don't get me wrong, MS was impressive but after watching Sony's presser I just believe that they showed off more games, and as a gamer first that impressed me more.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 42