Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 23, 2009 19:25
Y'know... because they would've lost far too much face if they'd said "bite off more than we know how to handle" issues.

"The extra dev time from last year really was a chance for us to polish, tweak and refine the missions and gameplay mechanics," explains Radical's Tim Bennison. "The original vision for the game was huge, perhaps a little too huge, so the extra time in development has let us realize that vision. We’re really excited to launch Prototype in June – it’s certainly been a big project for the entire company here at Radical."

I'm worried. You?

LINK
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 23, 2009 21:38
If its as entertaining as their Hulk game, ill be pleased!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 23, 2009 21:47
This game isn't really boundary pushing, so Im going to have to assume the dev is incompetent and Hulk was a fluke.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 23, 2009 23:33
Hulk was "allright" nothing more.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 24, 2009 00:12
Meh, I'm more interested in inFamous. Saw a trailer for that today on a wallscreen in PlayStation Home (yes, I admit to taking the odd stroll through PlayStation Home) and practically came in my pants.
immortaldanmx

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 24, 2009 00:16
Edwin

Meh, I'm more interested in inFamous. Saw a trailer for that today on a wallscreen in PlayStation Home (yes, I admit to taking the odd stroll through PlayStation Home) and practically came in my pants.

Hyped garbage is hyped. I really dont think it'll live up to its potential.
Edwin

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 24, 2009 00:29
You can uppercut people in the face with a handful of lightning. It's like being Raiden, but with parkour. And the Sly Cooper people are doing it.

madeofwinz :D
immortaldanmx

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 24, 2009 03:36
Edwin

You can uppercut people in the face with a handful of lightning. It's like being Raiden, but with parkour. And the Sly Cooper people are doing it.

madeofwinz :D

It pains me to admit it, but I did enjoy the first Sly Cooper. I never tried the others, though.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 24, 2009 21:04
Sly Cooper was the shit. No questions asked. It surpassed the Jak series the minute they gave him a gun. I have all the faith in the world that Sucker Punch are going to pull through with Infamous.

Prototype however, is going to be mediocre, especially for summer-ware. Though, in their defense, they never planned on a summer release date anyhow.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 25, 2009 13:26
You can elbow drop a tank and surf peoples fleshy faces into the ground. What's not to like?

Edwin

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 25, 2009 13:39
It just looks a bit bleached and characterless alongside inFamous, which has more of a comicbook action feel.

In terms of how they'll play, I suspect Prototype will be a "just hold trigger and tilt stick to run up a skyscraper, punch a hole in a helicopter and throw it at a building" sort of game, while inFamous will ask more of the player control-wise and hence be the slower-paced experience. That's pure gut feeling, though - I haven't had a chance to play either. Adam's been doing all our preview events attendance lately as I've been up to my neck in Flytrap.
<message edited by Edwin on Apr 25, 2009 13:40>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Prototype Was Delayed due to "Vision Realization" Issues. - Apr 25, 2009 18:03
For those of you who want a better look at it, sans any sort of real commentary, they've got some fairly-unadultered footage over on GT.

You can elbow drop a tank and surf peoples fleshy faces into the ground. What's not to like?

Despite having developed games for coming on twenty years now, the studio is still incredibly mediocre. It's their first real endeavor on platforms that have been around since 2006, awful ports of last-gen games nonwithstanding, with no real track record of quality to show.

Their best games have only critically performed on a slightly-above-average level, they know fuck-all about present-gen development, and they've obviously cut back in their original scope of gameplay.

I dunno. I'm sure there will be those who like it, but I can see framerate, and porting issues being a big problem for them (as they have been in the past). You're getting in then, I assume?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll