Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set

_Majik_
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 6450
Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 12:31

LINK

Video is meh... no gameplay... but i guess it sets a nice tone.

Game will hit shelves on the 11th October this year... and they appear to have dropped the CoD branding.
<message edited by _Majik_ on Mar 26, 2009 12:33>

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 14:38
waist of time teaser.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 19:27
Vx Chemical

waist of time teaser.

Yeah, I wouldve preferred a press release with actual details over a "trailer" with nothing.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 20:29
I think it is a fair prediction this game will pwn. The question is how much will it pwn. Is it going to be pretty much the same game with new levels and a new campaign with slight improvements to multiplayer? Is it going to be just like COD4 with a lot of tweaks and improvements, bigger and better gameplay like Gears of War 2 is to Gears 1? Are going to make a completely new expereince on top of the COD4 experience? Like add major new gameplay types, similiar to how Unreal Tournament 2004 added onslaught and had a whole new vehicle system, but still had the same great indoor battles? I'm sure this is a must buy, it is just a question of how awesome it will be.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 20:48

and they appear to have dropped the CoD branding.
Can you blame them though? Its obvious that the COD name is being run into the ground by Activision.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 26, 2009 21:11
It would be silly getting into high numbers like COD6, Mordern Warfare made a new name for itself. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Activi$ion (teehee) titled the next one Call of Duty: World at War 2, to try to milk the name out more.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 28, 2009 17:43
locopuyo

Activi$ion

I see what you did there, and I like it.

mastachefbkw
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 02:10
immortaldanmx

locopuyo

Activi$ion

If I said 'EA$' 2 years ago, would you have liked that?

immortaldanmx
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 03:32
mastachefbkw

immortaldanmx

locopuyo

Activi$ion

If I said 'EA$' 2 years ago, would you have liked that?

No, maybe if you had said Electronic Art$.

Vx Chemical
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 09:23
í have a new one, bet you never heard it before

here it comes, and you will all be awed!

Micro$oft

or even better when its short

M$

Zarathustra
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 14:08
I thought it was- "interesting". A black screen featuring what looked like a very weird EKG series with multifocal PVC's everywhere with no definite EKG complex.

mastachefbkw
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 15:55

I thought it was- "interesting". A black screen featuring what looked like a very weird EKG series with multifocal PVC's everywhere with no definite EKG complex.

By that you mean, "It was a fucking green blob for 2 min. with barely any detail of the game, wtf?"

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 20:43
Zarathustra: Paramedic by Day - Videogame Trailer Medical Consultant by Night
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 21:21
Y'know guys, I really do worry that Call of Duty is taking the wrong direction, as hard as it is for me to admit that, because I've loved just about everything Infinity Ward's done.

In the original Call of Duties, I loved the feeling of being immersed in a unit, nobody special, just an average joe, fighting these huge grandiose battles. It wasn't a group of specially-trained counterterrorists up against an army of commandos. It was average people with guns, and that appealed to me.

Call of Duty 4 was disappointing to me, in the single player, because certain parts just didn't fit well. The S.A.S. missions were all fine and good... but they weren't Call of Duty. The USMC grunt missions (before the missile silo conclusion) were absolutely great of their own right, but you lost something grandiose in scope.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

mastachefbkw
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 29, 2009 22:23

Y'know guys, I really do worry that Call of Duty is taking the wrong direction, as hard as it is for me to admit that, because I've loved just about everything Infinity Ward's done.

In the original Call of Duties, I loved the feeling of being immersed in a unit, nobody special, just an average joe, fighting these huge grandiose battles. It wasn't a group of specially-trained counterterrorists up against an army of commandos. It was average people with guns, and that appealed to me.

Call of Duty 4 was disappointing to me, in the single player, because certain parts just didn't fit well. The S.A.S. missions were all fine and good... but they weren't Call of Duty. The USMC grunt missions (before the missile silo conclusion) were absolutely great of their own right, but you lost something grandiose in scope.

I know what you mean. I hated the mission where you had to carry whatshisface to the carnival area and two people managed to hold off 200 Russians for 5 min.

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 30, 2009 03:24
I dunno. Like, i almost would've been happier if they'd branched from the CoD Label originally, so I didn't have that expectation built up.

Though in truth, the comparisons would've been too striking to miss, so I suppose it's a moot point. They'd better not bungle their new sci-fi IP. I'll be livid.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Mar 30, 2009 03:27>

Vx Chemical
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 30, 2009 07:53
Eddie_the_Hated

Though in truth, the comparisons would've been too striking to miss, so I suppose it's a moot point. They'd better not bungle their new sci-fi IP. I'll be livid.

the sci fi thing has been confirmed?

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 30, 2009 21:47
I'm positive IW is working on a new IP, and they've been hiring aggressively for the last year or so, even through the recession. There aren't too many legitimate reasons for that, so it's my conclusion that they're working on Modern Warfare 2, as well as their new secret project simultaneously.

I'm looking forward to MW2, don't get me wrong, but and Activision is mitts-off on their new sci-fi IP, and a little less corporate involvement is always a development godsend.

_Majik_
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 6450
Re:Modern Warfare 2 Teaser / Release Date Set - Mar 31, 2009 00:04
The genre has evolved and this particular series has mutated into a strange beast. On one hand the singleplayer campaign feels old, stale and linear, and one the other the multiplayer is the best thing going. World at War was awful, ...far worse than CoD3 ever was. Treyarch need to assert themselves and stop being Activisions bitch if they want to maintain any sense of dignity going forward.

I expect Modern Warfare 2's solo campaign (and the obvious inclusion of online co-op) to be worth playing through once, just like the first game. The multiplayer component is the real meat and is what will secure the title muchos praise from gamers worldwide. However, Infinity Ward need to up their game now. If they deliver the same old shit with minimal enhancements then they're going to get left behind.  CoD4 already seemed aged when compared to shooters like Half Life 2 and Far Cry. It was even released in the same month as Crysis, a game that has completely reshaped the entire genre in the eyes of those that have played it. CoD4 with it's invisible walls and infinitely spawning AI-less enemy drones simply coudn't cut it. With games like Killzone 2, Gears of War 2, Crysis... hell, even Battlefield Bad Company 2 as it's peers.... Modern Warfare 2 needs to be something special.