Ninja Blade is kind of awesome.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
Ninja Blade is kind of awesome. - Mar 01, 2009 05:10
Started playing it tonight, made it up to the 3rd level just now and have been having a great deal of fun along the way. This game is crazy at times with its intense boss battles and it also seems to be OBSESSED with QTEs (Quick Time Events), but fortunately the QTEs are quite forgiving. There have been some pretty decent weapons so far, combos, and finishing moves. The game looks good and sounds good too. The storyline seems interesting so far given what happened to the main character, Ken, during the prologue portion of the game.

It's just too bad it's not also available for the PS3 because for whatever reason I have a much easier time with QTE sequences with the PS3 controller than I do with the Xbox 360 controller. I just seem to have an easier time remembering the location of each button and reacting in a timely manner when it comes to QTEs in PS3 games, which is pretty friggin odd given that the Xbox 360 has gotten at least 50 times more playtime since the start of the year than the PS3.

Of course, given that the main character is a Ninja, comparisons will more than likely be made to Ninja Gaiden I & II, but you'll get no comparisons here. ;)
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Ninja Blade is kind of awesome. - Apr 06, 2009 14:12
I am getting this, I don't like Ninja Gaiden so IDGAF if it's not like it.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Ninja Blade is kind of awesome. - Apr 06, 2009 15:09
why does this thread have 279 views?
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Ninja Blade is kind of awesome. - Apr 06, 2009 16:49
Terry can stir up a crowd with ease. Maybe due to his avatar?

Anyhow I didnt like the demo much...then again I didnt like Gaiden much either...maybe I just dont like these kinds of games much cause even God of War didnt hold me. Then again I only got to watch someone else play that.

_Majik_
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 6450
Re:Ninja Blade is kind of awesome. - Apr 07, 2009 00:34
Ninja Gaiden is fuck awesome. Ninja Blade looks fuck awesome... but isn't. I can't get into it. Visually it's perfect for what it is, and the srt direction and style are great... but the combat is meh. Otogi fucking owned... but this is kinda lame.