Madworld to be garbage

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215

Demonoroth
  • Total Posts : 359
  • Reward points : 18080
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 24, 2009 23:51
Casamassina who's a graphic and technology whore didn't notice till the equipment told him so and none of the the gaming journalists actually noticed a difference when they were playtesting it on occassions...
So either it already looked like "absolute crap" that nobody seemed to care to notice (which is very unlikely) or maybe.. just maybe it doesn't actually make that much of a noticeable difference since after all the previous playtest were most likely all done on HDtv's.

And ofcourse I'll have a blast with it. I don't give a shit about 480i or 480p.

There's a good reason I still got my good old SDTV since all my old consoles  and my Wii are hooked up to that one.
So I got old and new games who still look good on my tv. And with an HDtv I'd get new games that look a bit better and as good as fuck up the whole rest of my collection...hmmm what a damn though choice to make.

Especially considering how much I replay games I have. So far it's simply not worth it for me to buy an HDtv, doesn't help that I don't watch tv either besides some football games and F1. And as for movies I just run those on pc screen just like my PS3.

So as long as most of my games run better on my SDtv (or until it breaks)  than they would on a new HDtv I don't feel the need to buy one. It would just be a waste money to me. Money with which I could by a whole bunch of games with that I could enjoy.

And as for anyone who has a Wii and passes on picking this up just because it runs at 480i, well then you're just idiot plain and simple.

And a little side note. I can't remember my parents ever getting me a game

Wii code: 2072 1110 4558 6538
Smash Bros Brawl: 1848-3246-8526
Mario Kart: 412452409500
Mario Strikers: 120360 413659
NiGHTS: 3737-8754-6785
PES 08: 4339-4437-7901

PSN: Demonoroth
pm me if you add anything

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 25, 2009 01:15
I think no one will notice since its just white and black blocks. Maybe the developers didnt want to waste what little they have of power on something that wouldnt make a difference and put that to use on something else. Hell, maybe thats the main reason the game is in black and white. I dont like the game and dont own a Wii (and dont intend to) but truth be told i didnt notice this when i was watching the HD versions of the game's videos on GT.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 25, 2009 01:45
Who's playing the Wii because it looks good again?
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 25, 2009 02:23
Eddie_the_Hated

Who's playing the Wii because it looks good again?

VF

"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 25, 2009 08:24
GrayFox

I think no one will notice

People will notice. If you've ever tried playing or watching standard definition stuff on a large HDTV it literally does (in my case at least) hurt your eyes and head. When I first got my Wii, I didn't think to get component cables, and I couldn't even play Twilight Princess until I went and bought some.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 25, 2009 08:34
I dont own a wii anymore, not enough time or money to play on 3 consoles and a pc

GrayFox
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 27, 2009 00:05
Im talking about this game in particular. Im aware of and hate low resolutions upscaled on HDTVs which i didnt notice on this games videos on GT. Maybe im wrong thoguh.

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 27, 2009 00:30
GrayFox

Im talking about this game in particular. Im aware of and hate low resolutions upscaled on HDTVs which i didnt notice on this games videos on GT. Maybe im wrong thoguh.

Thats because it doesnt show in online vids.

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 28, 2009 14:39
I knew this day would come soon. The day when videogames would be judged solely on how good the graphics look...

*sigh*

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 28, 2009 14:41
Marink

I knew this day would come soon. The day when videogames would be judged solely on how good the graphics look...

*sigh*

You're an illiterate dumbass. This thread has nothing to do with how the game looks, it has to do with it being unplayable on an HDTV.

Marink
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 28, 2009 15:45
I knew this day would come soon. The day when videogames would be judged solely on whether or not they are playable on HDTVs...

*sigh*

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Feb 28, 2009 19:31
:)
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 01, 2009 04:06
Marink

I knew this day would come soon. The day when videogames would be judged solely on whether or not they are playable on HDTVs...

*sigh*

So making a game unplayable for a large segment of the video game market isn't something a game should be judged on?

Just kidding. We know that no one who owns an HDTV actually gives a shit about the Wii.

Marink
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 02, 2009 11:23
I knew this day would come soon. The day when people with HDTVs don't give a shit about the Wii.

*sigh*

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 02, 2009 16:31
What do you mean?  We never did give a shit about Wii.  Wii is about as important as the Gamecube. 

Most of us don't play simple games, we want to play more sophisticated shit.  Frankly even the 360 and PS3 are bellow our standards for what they offer but they're the only things out today.  As soon as the next gen consoles get here my 360 and PS3 are going in a box in storage.  Saying that people only care about the PS3 and 360 for HD is like saying that people only like Porsche and Ferrari for the paint jobs.  Even if I'm playing in SD the 360 and PS3 pisses all over Wii.  Don't try to convince me that a Honda Civic offers more thrills than a 430 Scuderia.  The guys with Scuderias don't care about Civics.  Why would they?

Wii games are about as compelling as the junk toys they give in cereal boxes.

EDIT: Typo 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Mar 02, 2009 18:38>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 02, 2009 16:41

Honday Civic
Ouch. You just owned Civics by calling them Hundays(sp?).

Marink
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 02, 2009 18:07
Agent Ghost

What do you mean?  We never did give a shit about Wii.  Wii is about as important as the Gamecube. 

I was just trying to annoy immortal, as it seems easy to do and I have very little in my area to keep me entertained. 

Anywhooo, I've gone down the Wii60 route, so I get the best of both worlds.

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 02, 2009 21:20
Marink

I have very little in my area to keep me entertained. 

Try this great game called "Real Life". Or even "Talk to Girls".

Marink
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 03, 2009 17:14
I rest my case.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 03, 2009 17:38
Real life is for people who don't have enough online communities to hold their interest.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 04, 2009 09:25
Good job Marink

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 04, 2009 12:07
emofag

Good job Marink

Dont encourage the puppet fucker.

Marink
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 04, 2009 17:30
lol. Puppet fucker? That's... new.

Anywhooo, back on topic, I have had mixed feelings about Madworld from the start. Hopefully it will be at least decent, as the Wii needs as many good Third-party games as it can get.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 04, 2009 17:40
how long before they start releasing Wiis that are different colors and shapes because they are just so cute?
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 04, 2009 22:51
locopuyo

how long before they start releasing Wiis that are different colors and shapes because they are just so cute?

Not  long. They've already sold every 10 year old and Jap 3 different DS's.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 05, 2009 01:54
Wii i? Wii Lite?

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 05, 2009 02:12
There's a rumor that Acer might release a Wii clone called the Hornet based on the the Ion platform (PC gaming). 

http://www.businessinsider.com/report-acer-preparing-a-wii-clone-called-hornet-2009-2

Performance wise that would be closer to the 360 than to Wii and it's a PC.

It looks fake but I'd be much more interested in this than the Wii for the same money.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Mar 05, 2009 02:17>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

GrayFox
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 09, 2009 20:52
Asus is making one. Its called Eee Stick and showed it @ Cebit. It even has a wii mote rip off lol. Heres a shot of it (scroll down a bit).

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/316/1051316/asus-apologises-inq

Edit: Post went a little mad after inserting link.
<message edited by GrayFox on Mar 09, 2009 20:54>

Demonoroth
  • Total Posts : 359
  • Reward points : 18080
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 10, 2009 13:14

I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. Anybody who says Nintendo's console is just for kids will see things very differently after a few chainsaw- induced mutilations. More importantly, though, MadWorld does not place emphasis on style over gameplay, so there's plenty of fun, smart mechanics to back up the overwhelmingly slick look and sound of the title. You'll be floored by some of the scenarios that await you in the fast-moving beat-'em-up, surprise by the unexpectedly well-made storyline, and simultaneously grossed out and cracked up by all of the completely over-the-top gore. Even with some camera issues, some repetition, and a decidedly short single-player mode (if you play it on normal difficulty), SEGA and Platinum Games have still created Wii's first truly excellent game of the year. 

I'm begging you, buy this game so that we'll see more like it.

IGN Written review (4 pages)

IGN Video Review

It's worth reading the review and watching their video review. It's the best one I've seen in a long while coming from IGN and well it just gives you an excuse to see some more ridiculous violent MadWorld :lol: 

For those to lazy to read the whole thing or even to lazy to watch the video review it simply boils down to this.

It's an awesome game with only two little problems. The camera can at times be a bit annoying and the sound can at times bleed over into each other with the commentary, rap with vocals and sound effects going all at once.

Well everybody knew MadWorld was going to get a good score from IGN seeing as they covered the game for a whole month up to it's release. But even with that I would say that the 9.0 they have given the game is probably about the right score for this game.

And then some others

3DJuegos: 91
TV criticizes video games? OK, let's destroy, humiliate and condemn the worst aspects of television. Violence with sense in a brilliant video game in all of its facets that manage to demonstrate that adult and interesting titles for Wii are possible. Mad World is the powerful entrance of Platinum Games in the market of the electronic leisure. 

IGN: 90
I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. 

Nintendo Power: 90

Although the game is unquestionably brutal, the violence is so over-the-top that it's more humorous than gruesome...For any hardcore gamer, this one is not to be missed. [Apr 2009, p.82] 

IGN UK: 89

Control issues hamper fluidity but there’s no denying that, with some investment, MadWorld rewards in huge doses, delivering an incredibly visceral experience that's as stunningly unique and obscenely entertaining as it is just plain obscene. 

Meristation: 80

Brutality, tons of blood and the most violent show ever seen to come exclusively to Wii. Former Clover members prove their talent with this beat'em up portrayed with this comic-book look drawn with black, white and red colors. Modern art with a great sense of humor mixed with a macabre tone, MadWorld can only be blamed for its 6 hours campaign and the little depth it offers as a brawler, compared to the biggest games in the genre.

Wii code: 2072 1110 4558 6538
Smash Bros Brawl: 1848-3246-8526
Mario Kart: 412452409500
Mario Strikers: 120360 413659
NiGHTS: 3737-8754-6785
PES 08: 4339-4437-7901

PSN: Demonoroth
pm me if you add anything

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Madworld to be garbage - Mar 10, 2009 18:32
Gonna grab this..

There's already a handful great looking wii titles  in this years lineup. More announcements from Nintendo should take place in the next few months too.

Oh, that EA sports, motion plus-supported tennis game is looking awesome.

Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P