Racism in Resident Evil 5

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 108 of 108
mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 19, 2009 21:24

The worth of a country and its people can't be measured purely in GDP and voter turn-out.
Since when?

Edwin
  • Total Posts : 658
  • Reward points : 6855
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 19, 2009 21:55
Since people consisted of more than figures on a spreadsheet, dude :)

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 00:52
Edwin

That never happened and never will.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

mastachefbkw
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 00:53

I'm not sure what sort of crazy world you live in, Edwin, but it sounds like a nice place.

Zarathustra
  • Total Posts : 140
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 07:56
Vx Chemical

Zarathustra

mastachefbkw

God you're such a dumb ass. Egypt isn't a part of Africa, it is a part of the Middle East. GB2 Arabic Studies.
GB2 Geography class, dumbass. Obviously Egypt isn't anything like the rest of Africa, but it's still on the fucking continent.

Sigh, chef, no. I was talking to Ghost, and no. Egypt is considered part of the Middle East. That's why there is a fair share of sites that will say that it is apart of Africa, then other sites will say that it isn't. Egypt is part of the Middle east, yet it is connected to the continent of Africa, but it is considered the Middle East.

Im sorry you fail at geography!
Africa is a continent.

There are seven continents on earth.

Europe
Asia
Australia
North America
South America
Africa
Antartica
Now do you see a continent called "the middle east?" ofcoure you dont, since its not a continent. Its just a common name for the muslim contries down there. Most of the muslim countries are in Asia, some in Africa, and turkey is half in europe half in Asia.

Go back to middleschool please.

You really come off as somebody who has to use Google because he didn't know. For one, you claimed that TurGAY was Half european, and half Asian. That proves you're fucking stupid and uneducated. The TURFAGS got in the EU on technicality because Greece was threatening to wipe them out because the barbarians invaded Cyprus and wouldn't leave; the EU, being as niave as ever, decided to let TurGAY into the EU so that no war between Greece and TurGAY would commence.

When somebody refers to the US, what do they usually refer to it as? America, or the US? I'm pretty sure they call it- "America". Same applies to the Egyptians, they're considered the Middle East, they're considered Middle Eastern people, not Africans. I'm not letting some bullshit Trump Card-throwing-Doucebag convince me to think otherwise.
<message edited by Zarathustra on Feb 20, 2009 07:59>

Zarathustra
  • Total Posts : 140
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 08:06
Edwin

Zarathustra

Edwin

Zarathustra

Edwin

There you go -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algeria#Politics

That took me all of ten seconds to find. I'm no expert on the continent, but characterising it as one big steaming cesspool with no redeeming qualities whatsoever is ludicrous.

If you ever talked to somebody from Algeria, they would tell you that they were Arabic, not African. As for Egypt, last time I checked, it was part of the middle east. Not even Algerians have pride for their home continent.

I didn't mention Egypt, and while the Algerians may prefer to think of themselves as Arabic the fact remains that they're part of the African continent, geographically if not in spirit.

Read the Famished Road - http://www.amazon.com/Famished-Road-Ben-Okri/dp/0385425139 - and then try telling me Africa isn't worth a damn.

Dan: If this - http://www.un.org/unrwa/english.aspx - is a "joke", it's a hell of a lot funnier than the Bush administration's foreign policy.

I'm still going to say that. They have the best resources on the face of the planet, yet they're the most uncivilized people on this planet- with the execption of South Africa(for the time being), and Algeria.

If by "civilization" you mean capitalist democracy, then yes - though you might also want to consider Mauritus and Botswana, not to mention Morocco. It's also probably worth reminding ourselves that a few decades back most of these nations were under foreign rule, and that foreign intervention - whether on the part of private corporations or national governments - remains a significant part of African politics and economics, if only because it gives fuckheads like Mugabe something to scapegoat when the exchange rate goes through the floor. Africa hasn't exactly been dealt a clean hand, and these things take time. It took the English hundreds of years to put together an accountable parliament, education for all, labour laws, etc, and the US was embroiled in a war over its geographical and legal constitution close to a century after the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Did you read the Famished Road? Try Things Fall Apart. The worth of a country and its people can't be measured purely in GDP and voter turn-out.

You haven't watched Blood Diamond have you? Hotel Rwanda? Those are actually 2 of the most truth-filled movies I've ever watched. Once something valuable comes into their hands, a war commences. Hell, Sudan and Darfur finally signed a peace Treaty after the Sudanese were finished kicking their asses. But is it going to last? Hell no- it's just like the Algerian Civil War, or the Chechen wars. When it comes to commonality between countries whom desire the same thing(Sudan and Darfur), or when one poor nation desires to be independent in themselves, and the other debunks their belief(Russia and Chechyna). War isn't going to end. Hell, look at the Root causes of the War in Darfur(Drout, overpopulation, and desertification). Do you think war is going to cease for long? Hell no, if the Chechens don't do something to cause another war with Russia, I'll be surprised.

Edwin
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 10:01
mastachefbkw

I'm not sure what sort of crazy world you live in, Edwin, but it sounds like a nice place.

Ah, cynicism. The last refuge of the lazy :)

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 10:11

Ah, cynicism. The last refuge of the lazy :)

That was cynical. 
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Edwin
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 20, 2009 10:41
Is there a word for cynicism about cynicism? Cynicynicism, perhaps.

Mmmm, cinnamon.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 19:33
Zarathustra

When somebody refers to the US, what do they usually refer to it as? America, or the US? I'm pretty sure they call it- "America". 

No, you are pretty sure most US citizens call the US "America". Most people call it by its actual name, United States. 

Its pretty much the population from the US that think that their country is America and that the only countries connected to them are Canada and/or Mexico. No offense intended, but most US citizens don't even know what, let's say... Surinam is, even though is located on the damn continent.  

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 20:23
Chimura

Zarathustra

When somebody refers to the US, what do they usually refer to it as? America, or the US? I'm pretty sure they call it- "America". 

No, you are pretty sure most US citizens call the US "America". Most people call it by its actual name, United States. 

Its pretty much the population from the US that think that their country is America and that the only countries connected to them are Canada and/or Mexico. No offense intended, but most US citizens don't even know what, let's say... Surinam is, even though is located on the damn continent.  

Apparently you don't know which continent it is on either.  It's in South America nub.  The United States is in North America.  And why would anyone care about a tiny little country like that?  The US has over 500 times the population.  People call us Americans, they don't call us United Statians.  Even people from Mexico and Canada call us Americans.  If you ask an American where they are from most will say The US, if you ask a retarded teenager from California he'll say America.  

"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

immortaldanmx
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 20:41
Chimura

Zarathustra

Suriname: Suriname; Sranan Tongo: Sranan), officially the Republic of Suriname is a country in northern South America.

Care to try again?

Also, anyone could be forgiven for not knowing nor caring about a little shitty country that cant hold it together without the Netherlands propping up their economy.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Feb 24, 2009 20:45>

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 21:47
I refer people of the US as "Evil-doers". 
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Chimura
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 22:15
locopuyo

Chimura

Zarathustra

Apparently you don't know which continent it is on either.  It's in South America nub.  The United States is in North America.  And why would anyone care about a tiny little country like that?  The US has over 500 times the population.  People call us Americans, they don't call us United Statians.  Even people from Mexico and Canada call us Americans.  If you ask an American where they are from most will say The US, if you ask a retarded teenager from California he'll say America.

immortaldanmx

Suriname: Suriname; Sranan Tongo: Sranan), officially the Republic of Suriname is a country in northern South America.

Care to try again?

Also, anyone could be forgiven for not knowing nor caring about a little shitty country that cant hold it together without the Netherlands propping up their economy.

I know Surinam is in S. America. Which further proves my point that US people are pretty full of themselves when they refer to themselves as "America", meaning both North and South America combined and think that the rest of the world think of them just the same.

And since when do you speak Spanish loco, that you know what we call people from the US? Almost 100% of the population from Mexico down don't go around talking the "Americano esto" or "Americano lo otro"

And immortal, the only people that excuse ignorance are those who are ignorant themselves. What perplexes me is the sort of mentality that you tout about things not mattering because they are "shit" Have you ever applied that to yourself and perhaps wondered that the reason you think like that is because you don't even mean "shit" to your country? 

immortaldanmx
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 22:29
Chimura

Have you ever applied that to yourself and perhaps wondered that the reason you think like that is because you don't even mean "shit" to your country? 

Thats a stupid comparison, people are not on the same comparison scale as countries. And actually, US citizens do mean something to their country. National days of remembering for US citizens who died in foreign countries(Veterans Day, Memorial Day), massive candle-light vigils for people killed in tragedies(VTech Massacre), and rescue missions for people captured by hostile governments.

When I say a counrty doesnt matter and is worthless, I mean on the global scale of things. Does the country matter for recources? Does it have a powerful military? Can it influence other nations? What are its educational and economical issues? And most importantly: if this country were nuked tomorrow, would it really be missed by anyone in other countries?

And youre a moron if you think North and South America can be classified as the same thing. There is no "1 big 'America'". South America=mostly fail, North America=only sort of fail.

Chimura
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 22:53
immortaldanmx

Chimura

Have you ever applied that to yourself and perhaps wondered that the reason you think like that is because you don't even mean "shit" to your country? 

Thats a stupid comparison, people are not on the same comparison scale as countries. And actually, US citizens do mean something to their country. National days of remembering for US citizens who died in foreign countries(Veterans Day, Memorial Day), massive candle-light vigils for people killed in tragedies(VTech Massacre), and rescue missions for people captured by hostile governments.

When I say a counrty doesnt matter and is worthless, I mean on the global scale of things. Does the country matter for recources? Does it have a powerful military? Can it influence other nations? What are its educational and economical issues? And most importantly: if this country were nuked tomorrow, would it really be missed by anyone in other countries?

And youre a moron if you think North and South America can be classified as the same thing. There is no "1 big 'America'". South America=mostly fail, North America=only sort of fail.

No, that's a perfect comparison. The reason some countries scale so "big" as a country is because of the individuals that work to make them big and, according to you, ultimately "meaningful" to the world. Do you think the US would be as big as it is without the collaboration of those you dare not scale in the "global scale of things"? A country is nothing without its people, even if you want to believe otherwise.   

And for the record, America was once "1 Big America" in terms of territory. It wasn't until the construction of the Panama Canal that the 2 Americas were actually separated from one another in terms of land mass. And who are you to decide what "fails" or not. I can play that game too. 

immortaldanmx= 100% fail

Easy enough. Idiot.

immortaldanmx
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 23:14
Chimura

immortaldanmx

Chimura

No, that's a perfect comparison. The reason some countries scale so "big" as a country is because of the individuals that work to make them big and, according to you, ultimately "meaningful" to the world. Do you think the US would be as big as it is without the collaboration of those you dare not scale in the "global scale of things"? A country is nothing without its people, even if you want to believe otherwise.   

And for the record, America was once "1 Big America" in terms of territory. It wasn't until the construction of the Panama Canal that the 2 Americas were actually separated from one another in terms of land mass. And who are you to decide what "fails" or not. I can play that game too. 

immortaldanmx= 100% fail

Easy enough. Idiot.

Youre a dumbass. North and South America may have been geographically connected, but by your stupid logic Asia and Europe are the same place. I didnt say people dont make a country, I just said Surinam is negligible on the global scale.

Chimura
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 23:30
immortaldanmx

Youre a dumbass. North and South America may have been geographically connected, but by your stupid logic Asia and Europe are the same place. I didnt say people dont make a country, I just said Surinam is negligible on the global scale.

All I did was give you a reason as to why they could be considered the same. You have yet to give me one as to why they can't. 

And once again, if we follow your logic, you are negligible in the scale of your own country. Surinam at least makes a difference in the scale of Netherlands. 

Its pointless to argue with you. You measure value according to statistics and numbers. To you, everything can be seen on a spreadsheet. The sooner you realize that's not how things work, the sooner you'll be able to appreciate what true worth really is.

immortaldanmx
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 23:46
Chimura

immortaldanmx

All I did was give you a reason as to why they could be considered the same. You have yet to give me one as to why they can't. 

And once again, if we follow your logic, you are negligible in the scale of your own country. Surinam at least makes a difference in the scale of Netherlands. 

Its pointless to argue with you. You measure value according to statistics and numbers. To you, everything can be seen on a spreadsheet. The sooner you realize that's not how things work, the sooner you'll be able to appreciate what true worth really is.

Actually, they don't matter to the Netherlands anymore. You're an idealist who thinks things have meaning, but that's not the way the world works. For as long as you live, you will be a statistic to businesses, your government, and people who don't know you. You can try to think of the world as however you want, but that's how it will always be.

Chimura
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 24, 2009 23:56
immortaldanmx

Actually, they don't matter to the Netherlands anymore. You're an idealist who thinks things have meaning, but that's not the way the world works. For as long as you live, you will be a statistic to businesses, your government, and people who don't know you. You can try to think of the world as however you want, but that's how it will always be.

So you have no meaning? Sight....

mastachefbkw
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 25, 2009 01:21
Lets recap on this argument, shall we?

South America= fail
North America(not Mexico)= success
Surinam= shit
immortal= "shut the fuck up, everything is shit"
Chimura= "BAWWWWWWWW everything is important in its own special way!"

That concludes Kikizo 101. Any questions?

immortaldanmx
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Feb 25, 2009 08:25
Seems fairly accurate.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 15:45
This is the biggest bitchfest I have ever read in these forums, wow.  Get lives.

<message edited by emofag on Apr 16, 2009 16:00>

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 16:07
...How did you manage to require editing that?

I mean, two sentences...
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 16:09
Because I was going to post an actual comment and then realized this is the biggest bitchfest I had ever read and decided it wasn't worth it.

Edwin
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 16:10
emofag

This is the biggest bitchfest I have ever read in these forums, wow.

/swells with pride

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 17:14
Oh hush. You've been here what? Seven months? You can't stake a claim on these whiny bitches.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Racism in Resident Evil 5 - Apr 16, 2009 17:53
No, Edwin was secret posting as emotep before he joined the staff and made a new account.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 108 of 108