Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2...
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 02:37
Johnny Jiron

I used the alternate 1 control setup. I don't but I went and replayed it just now, but is it just me or does it seem like periphreal veiw is very very limited...

I didnt know what was bothering me last night, but I'm thinking its that. or something to do with the view itself that just seems a tad off.

Well, if you look at the corners there are those black "spots" (Like if you're wearing a helmet or something)... maybe it's because of that?

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 15:17
I don't really know what to think about the title.

Sure it looks great and at least in the demo the enemies aren't complete morons, but for the rest. I can't say that I'm blown away by it.

Everybody just keeps going on about the cover system. Well ain't all that special to me. It's one of the things I found to be lacking in any fps for as far as I can remember. It always bothered me that you were never able to really do it in any fps game.  To me it only seems natural to be able to do such a thing.

Shooters always tried to be as realistic as possible in regards of how you'd run, reloading times, the damage of course and the whole way the game looks and all that. But nobody ever bothered doing being able to stick to walls quickly pop out take a few shots and duck back into cover.

If you were on a battlefield it's how you'd do it as well. Instead of coming around a corner blasting away at everything you see till you find a spot where you can crouch for a bit and then go on in the same way.

As I said the demo doesn't really blow me away. The only good thing in there besides the graphics and the AI is the cover system which to me as I said is only a natural thing.

Comparing it to other shooters this is probably the one I should get since I can for once really use cover instead of akwardly having to completely move out of cover to take a few shots and then strafe back behind cover.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 18:52
Is the cover system better than Gears or Rainbow Six?

Obviously I haven't played the demo yet.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 19:47
It's more immersive being you remain in the first person perspective. But I found it wierd being unable to duck all the way down when behind low cover. I was still gettin hit a few times. 

Can you completely conceal yourself behind low cover? Anyone know?

Anyways I still like Rainbow's and Gears cover system better. but then again they aren't as immersive or realistic.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Feb 07, 2009 19:49>
Demonoroth

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 07, 2009 23:13
Johnny Jiron

It's more immersive being you remain in the first person perspective. But I found it wierd being unable to duck all the way down when behind low cover. I was still gettin hit a few times. 

Can you completely conceal yourself behind low cover? Anyone know?

Noticed the same thing and as far as I know and have been able to do there's no way to go completely behind it. Which would mean if you encounter a sniper you're a sitting duck with your head sticking out so nicely. Might as well ask them to give you a bullet to the head.

And I agree it is kinda weird. For all the bragging about being able to really take cover, the second the object isn't all that large your head sticks out. It is kinda annoying. Like he goes into a crouch to go behind cover but when it's to small to completely hide behind, he just stays in a crouch instead of getting down on his ass.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 08, 2009 04:05
You guys know you can't use cover in multiplayer right?
Demonoroth

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 08, 2009 11:42
Yeah I do know was talking about the solo campaign.

It's the only thing I'm a bit disappointed about. They go through the trouble to put it in but then take it out for the multiplayer.

Would be nice if someone actually tried to put something in a multiplayer like that. Would really make people play as a squad more often which is what I prefer. But that's just me.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 08, 2009 15:08
I think it's worth pointing out that you can still use cover by, y'know, just standing or crouching behind stuff and inching sideways to take a shot. Works fine in multiplayer.

As far as I can tell the single player game makes you statistically a bit harder to hit when you're locked to a surface, which isn't terribly realistic but is, as I point out in the review, quite welcome given the intensity of the firefights.
Demonoroth

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 08, 2009 18:34
I just find it kinda disappointing that they kept it out of multiplayer. You got it in your single player campaign, they brag about it and then they ditch it in multiplayer.

To me it doesn't really make any sense. It would have been sweet if it had been in there for multiplayer. Ah well someone will do it some day.

Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 08, 2009 19:43
They took it out because all the testers weren't using it, apparently. Gluing yourself to cover wouldn't really suit KZ2 online - you'd lose all your peripheral vision, and leaning out to take aim would just make you a sitting duck.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 09, 2009 11:18
RB6:V has it and it takes all the fun out of firefights. Killzone 2, like CoD4... doesn't need it. It's too fast paced for the mechanic to be of any real use.

Anyway, since you guys have been playing the demo... what do you think about the controls? It took me about an hour to adjust properly when i first started playing. I also found the game far better without the crosshair.

I downloaded the demo the other night since i don't have my own review build and played though a couple of times. I liked the fact that there's only 1 Hig with an StA14 and that if you kill him with a bullet you are unlikely to get your hands on his weapon.

It's a shame you don't get to use the sub-machinegun because that thing owns.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 09, 2009 18:37
_Majik_

Anyway, since you guys have been playing the demo... what do you think about the controls? It took me about an hour to adjust properly when i first started playing. I also found the game far better without the crosshair.

So far, Im not a fan. Graphically, other than textures, it looks great. But, as Ive made it pretty clear a hundred times before, I detest the PS controller, especially for FPS's.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 06:42
Controls are icky, i feel woobly and drunk when i play, i have only played briefly though, so i havent let myself get used to it yet.

Looks awesome though.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 08:33
So is the control scheme weird or does your dude just react differently than other games?
Demonoroth

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 15:06
Control scheme ain't weird if you ask me. I would say it's best to simply crank the x and y axxis sensitivity up to the max. If I don't do it he just feels a bit to slow in his turning and aiming.
immortaldanmx

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 16:42
Demonoroth

Control scheme ain't weird if you ask me. I would say it's best to simply crank the x and y axxis sensitivity up to the max. If I don't do it he just feels a bit to slow in his turning and aiming.

Yeah, but no one was asking you, faggot. Go back to masturbating with your Wiimote.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 18:04
immortaldanmx

Demonoroth

Yeah, but no one was asking you, faggot. Go back to masturbating with your Wiimote.

That was uncalled for
immortaldanmx

Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 18:05
Vx Chemical

immortaldanmx

Demonoroth

That was uncalled for

Not really. Hes quite aware that flaming will continue until his faggotry improves or he leaves.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 18:53
demo was short but good, will be getting for sure, I can see what everybody is complain about the lag/controlls but Its just the way the game plays and you will get used to it after 20minutes. 

Those pre orders if correct are impressive though. 
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:1.1 Million pre-orders for Killzone 2... - Feb 10, 2009 19:23
I'm still unsure if I wanna pick this up. I keep going back through the demo. Gorgeous looks only last so long in gaming so I could care less bout that. It's just some things aren't clicking for me. Thing is I can't figure out what's not clicking. I have no problems jumping from Halo to CoD to Rainbow. So realism and speed aren't the factor. Then there's the fact that the only other game to have a similar more weighty feel was GRAW. It didn't bother me there, but I heard other people complain about it.

I dunno...Either way I still have it pre-ordered.  Plus there's still time to play the demo over and over til I can pinpoint what the exact annoyance is and see if I can accept or adjust to it.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message