To Replay or not to replay

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 18:36
So as the topic states, how often do you revisit games?

This generation the only game ive completed twice is Gears of War, iv done some coop in Halo 3 though but not through and through.

I do sometimes replay my old favorites, like Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment, The Longest Journey and most of the lucas arts adventure games.

Do you replay games?

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:21
rarely.

I've replayed some of the good CODs, Gears, and Halo series on higher difficulties and in coop.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:29
Do I replay games?
Let's see..

I've played through and completed Metal Gear Ac!d 2 about 18 - 20 times. I kid you not..

I've also complete Kingdom of Paradise about 10 - 12 times. I complete Star Soldier for the PSP about 7 times, completed Resident Evil 4 a handful of times.. Completed BOURNE about 5 - 7 times. Completed Project Sylpheed 13 - 15 times. Completed the PS3 Ratchet and Clank game about 5 or 6 times. Completed Wrestle Kingdom about 10 - 13 times. Completed Viewtiful Joe for the DS about 4 - 6 times. When I enjoy a game I'll revisit and replay the hell out of it. :)

In fact, with the exception of Resident Evil 4, I've been planning to revisit all of the aforementioned games a couple more times.
<message edited by Terry Bogard on Feb 04, 2009 19:35>
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:40
I can always revisit a good platformer. I still play all the old spyro and crash bandicoot games. They're just that good.

Mirror's Edge is about the only game I can think of that I would replay, on the same difficulty level. There has to be more incentive in today's games for me to go back and retouch something.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 19:41
Nearly never.  It's rare that I even finish a game these days.  I only care about multiplayer anyways.  Fuck single player, you want a good story read fucking book.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 20:13
FFVII - finished once in Japanese and three times in English.

Silent Hill 2 - twice for good and bad endings

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - about 10 times for all the hilarious cutscenes.

Streets of Rage 2 - great music and without saves you have to replay it to get to the later stages again.

Gears of War - once on 360 and once on PC.

Apart from that not really...  obviously multiplayer games like Pro Evo, racing games, online shooters you pick up every so often.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
  • Reward points : 0
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 21:00
Games I've constantly replayed and plan on the future):

Price of Persia's Sand of Time Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid Trilogy (Quadrilogy now)
Okami
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy VII (Like 12 times since 2001)
Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill's 2, 3 and 4 (don't have the others unfortunately)
Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Uncharted 
Yakuza (and now Yakuza 2)
Tenchu's 1 and 2

I find the time to at least do the bare bone campaign on those at least once a year.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 22:29
Not so much anymore. Typically if I do replay a game its to beat on a harder difficulty. Although I do still play the hell out of some SNES and 64 games(just finished DK Country for the millionth time today).

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 23:07
Agent Ghost

Nearly never.  It's rare that I even finish a game these days.  I only care about multiplayer anyways.  Fuck single player, you want a good story read fucking book.

reading is gay
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 04, 2009 23:24

reading is gay

Your mom is gay.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 02:04
If I havent traded it in then I will get back to it often. Sometimes if I find a good deal I'll repurchase a traded in game amd re assimilate it back into the collection.

I really have no qualms for how old or what the genre is. I have my disc based games in a dvd holder so sometimes I just open to a random page and see what my options are.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 11:16
I stopped actually collecting a long time ago. If there's really nothing out there for me to play i'll ressurrect an old favorite. I keep a copy of Grim Fandango, etc.

One thing I still haven't done is play through a game like KOTOR  or Mass Effect making all the asshole choices. I really like being the hero, I hate playing an evil character. The closest I've ever come was completing the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion, then I immediately deleted that game. Just a quirk of mine I guess. I've never even played a GTA game.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 05, 2009 17:39

One thing I still haven't done is play through a game like KOTOR or Mass Effect making all the asshole choices. I really like being the hero, I hate playing an evil character. The closest I've ever come was completing the Dark Brotherhood quest in Oblivion, then I immediately deleted that game. Just a quirk of mine I guess. I've never even played a GTA game.

Funny that! i have it the exact same way.

I never completed a GTA (not counting the first 2 :P) before GTA4, Niko doesnt feel like a bad guy, he feels like a real guy.

I played some of ME as a bad guy but i didnt like it much, the same with Fallout 3.

I play goodhearted in all choice games.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 06, 2009 00:07
Most games I just try to play the way I more than likely would if I were in that situation. However, it usually winds out being a good character. I have to force myself to be evil most of the time.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 06, 2009 20:19
This gen I've completed and replayed Gears, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Uncharted and I have a couple more - Oblivion I'm going to get GOTY edition on PS3 and play through again, and I might replay Fallout 3 once all the DLC is out.  Gears 2 will be getting played again too I'm sure.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Demonoroth
  • Total Posts : 359
  • Reward points : 18080
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 07, 2009 14:53
At times there's just periods where I'm not interested in any of these new games coming out.

So yeah I replay old games...I do it a lot even. If you got them sitting there being pretty  and your old consoles still work perfectly fine. I don't see why I shouldn't replay some older games that I enjoyed while I'm waiting for something new that I'm going to like.

As things are now I want to get me some deadly creatures but since it's so short I don't feel like paying so much for a 10 hour game. Tenchu is just that...so I'll wait before buying till the price drops. The only thing I might pick up soon is HoTD and maybe Killzone 2.

Right now I'm replaying Phantasy Star: the end of the millenium, Chrono Trigger, A link to the past, Super Metroid and just for the fun of it even some good old Forgotten Worlds.

Replaying good old games is a great way to pass your time when there ain't something special out right now.
Wii code: 2072 1110 4558 6538
Smash Bros Brawl: 1848-3246-8526
Mario Kart: 412452409500
Mario Strikers: 120360 413659
NiGHTS: 3737-8754-6785
PES 08: 4339-4437-7901

PSN: Demonoroth
pm me if you add anything

ys
  • Total Posts : 532
  • Reward points : 7470
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 11, 2009 09:53
I replay most games that I own except the few ones that I didn't like at all. Even if it's storybased it's worth it I think since you discover some new details in the storyline that you couldn't catch the first time.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:To Replay or not to replay - Feb 17, 2009 17:38
I used to do it frequently, now I pretty much never do.  Singleplayer games I am done when I beat them, multiplayer games I will play like a month or two if they are good, then quit.