Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favorite Developer
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 07, 2009 23:19

Yeah right, The Latest core Nintendo and SEGA titles such as SMG and VF5 are flawless.
Yeah, SMG, the same concept as M64, but with a slightly different plot. And VF5 pressing X hasn't changed since the PS1. And why the fuck is SEGA even mentioned? Other than Panzer Dragoon for the Xbox, they haven't done shit since SA released in '99. The only thing relatively worth mentioning is the first Condemned. 
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 07, 2009 23:20
Virtua fighter 5

immortaldanmx

Too bad this isnt still the 16Bit era, and Sega and Nintendos games are utter shit now compared to the devs we listed.

Yeah right, The Latest core Nintendo and SEGA titles such as SMG and VF5 are flawless. Have yet to play any title(s) this genereation that are as perfectly crafted.

Somebody yank the internet jack from his 20th century stasis pod.  

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 01:31
mastachefbkw

VF5 pressing X hasn't changed since the PS1.

Not like shooters changed much either, sure some added a few little things here and there but 90% is still the same as it was back then. So every studio making shooters ain't good either if your reasoning is to be applied. So there goes Valve, Infinity Ward and Epic games from the list of everybody. 

Other than Panzer Dragoon for the Xbox, they haven't done shit since SA released in '99. The only thing relatively worth mentioning is the first Condemned.

The Sakura Taisen series on ps2 was good, the last outrun wasn't bad either, the Yakuza series. Gunvalkyrie on xbox wasn't bad either and Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II.

The Condemned series ain't bad either and Valkyria Chronicles made by their Overworks studio is easily one of the best games of well by now last year.

Everybody is just giving Sega to much of a hard time. For the people who like the stuff they make they still do a good job. If you don't like their stuff then there's no real point in talking about it now is there.

Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 01:55
mastachefbkw

And why the fuck is SEGA even mentioned? Other than Panzer Dragoon for the Xbox, they haven't done shit since SA released in '99. The only thing relatively worth mentioning is the first Condemned. 

Ummm hello?  Super Monkey Ball is one of the greatest games ever.  Sure, it's not all brown and gray and it isn't an FPS shitfest which is why it didn't doesn't interest the majority of players, but it is, by far, one of the best playing games of the previous generation.  Came long after Sonic Adventure.  And despite the hate it gets on these forums due to how often it comes up, Shenmue 1 and 2 were friggin' great as well.

I don't consider Sonic Adventure to be very good.  I tried playing it recently and it is really poor.  I can't believe people remember Panzer Dragoon Orta but forget Super Monkey Ball.  People have such selective memories.  You all sicken me!  Please become better forum members!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 03:59
Demonoroth

mastachefbkw

VF5 pressing X hasn't changed since the PS1.

Not like shooters changed much either, sure some added a few little things here and there but 90% is still the same as it was back then. So every studio making shooters ain't good either if your reasoning is to be applied. So there goes Valve, Infinity Ward and Epic games from the list of everybody. 

Other than Panzer Dragoon for the Xbox, they haven't done shit since SA released in '99. The only thing relatively worth mentioning is the first Condemned.

The Sakura Taisen series on ps2 was good, the last outrun wasn't bad either, the Yakuza series. Gunvalkyrie on xbox wasn't bad either and Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II.

The Condemned series ain't bad either and Valkyria Chronicles made by their Overworks studio is easily one of the best games of well by now last year.

Everybody is just giving Sega to much of a hard time. For the people who like the stuff they make they still do a good job. If you don't like their stuff then there's no real point in talking about it now is there.

When the best you can say for a developer is "it wasnt bad", maybe its time to get the fanboy dick out of the mouth and realize SEGA is garbage. 1-2 games a year that arent complete ass wont change that.

And Chef, you forgot JSRF in 2001. "Understand, understand, understand, understand, the concept of love" and "hey she baby tee". God I still have dreams set to the music from that game.
mastachefbkw

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 05:33

Um...no. FPSs tend to have a story line, different controls/features, and different types of multiplayer. And how the fuck are anything made by Valve, IW, and Epic the same. They're nothing alike reallly, except for the fact that they're in the same genre.

Just for the Phantasy Star statement, your opinion is invalid.

You're completely missing the point. People give Sega a 'hard time' because they used to be fucking amazing, but now are mediocre...no, they're not even that anymore.

Ummm hello?  Super Monkey Ball is one of the greatest games ever.
I will give you that. Monkey Ball was a pretty good game, but I don't think it was worth full price when I could easily go find a flash game with the same quality and probably longer gameplay.
<message edited by mastachefbkw on Jan 08, 2009 05:36>
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 08:25
A - Please link to a flash game that has the same quality as the original Super Monkey Ball.  Betcha can't.

B - Link to a flash game like that which also existed in 2001.
immortaldanmx

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 09:39
A- Insert game not made for 10 year old
B- Watch as all SMB fans get butthurt
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 09:54
A- Play G-Police
B- Have no further use for eyes
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 09:58
G-Police fucking rocked. As did Colony Wars. Their sequels were kickass too.

We used to have a poster here who worked on Red Sun. Not sure why he stopped posting.
Edwin

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 10:04
You're preaching to the choir, mate :D

What was the poster's name/alias?
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 10:11
Ikashiru. He's a university lecturer now.
mastachefbkw

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 21:11

A - Please link to a flash game that has the same quality as the original Super Monkey Ball.  Betcha can't.

Sigh. Joe. Fuck. You.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 21:49
Really, too many fucking idiots on this forum.

immortaldanmx

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 21:52
Virtua fighter 5

Really, too many fucking idiots on this forum.

If you left and took demonoroth with you I think we would be pretty set.
Edwin

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 21:54
mastachefbkw

While I respect your opinion, good sir, my experience suggests the contrary.

Fixorred.

Virtua fighter 5

Goodness gracious, there are certainly some outspoken fellows around these parts.

Faxorred.

/peace and love
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 08, 2009 22:55
Just to add my two penneth.

I would say Lionhead (for admitting that fable had flaws and for making a vast improvement with fable 2, honesty goes along way.)

Epic for again making an improvement to one of their titles and admitting there are flaws and trying to rectify them (Does anyone see where this is going?)

One dev that has gone down in my eyes is Infinity Ward, yes the game is good and pushed the boundaries, but the fact that they leave such exploits in CoD4 has tarnished the game I hope they sort it out for CoD6 lost in space or whatever they call it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 09, 2009 20:35

but the fact that they leave such exploits in CoD4 has tarnished the game

Huh?

Edit: Aaah. Exploits as in glitching. On the same page now.

On that note though, Activision Blizzard is easily my least favorite developer of the year. They're doing exactly what EA was doing in the early 2000s, and it's going to come back to bite them in the ass. Guarantee it.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Jan 09, 2009 20:36>
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 09, 2009 20:41

Not like shooters changed much either,

Sorry... what?
immortaldanmx

Re:Favorite Developer - Jan 09, 2009 21:44
Lolwut? Most of the glitches in CoD4 are most likely too time consuming to fix or un-fixable. Either way, glitching isnt really that rampant unless 1 of the teams are garbage enough to wait around for the other team to try.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message