Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 20:22
According to Kotaku, there's a good possibility that it may remain in Beta forever, a thought that doesn't sit too poorly with me, given it's rather lackluster open performance.

Being the stripped-down experience that it is, would anybody here be seriously pained if it faded into obscurity?
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 20:55
I only use it to play chess with real people..thing is most the pricks quit before I can call checkmate on them. $2 for a fuckn santa suit?! Fuck Home.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 21:31
Home is nothing like it was promised. Sure, I am guessing it can grow, but at the pace it is, and the reaction it has had, nobody would care if it does grow and it will be just a waste of money for Sony, specially now when wasting money is not a luxury they can afford.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 21:44
I actually gave Home a try last night. Greatest thing ever! I made my character look like Habbo(Pool's closed) and ran around trolling away. I followed some chick(allegedly) around for like 30 min. making fun of her while butthurt fags were defending her. I must say, its the second most fun I've had out of my PS triple, only next to calling all cars, of course. 

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 22:08
I haven't even pressed the logo.. 3 gigs of reserved space, my ***

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 30, 2008 23:48
Gmail is in beta too, stfu.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Dec 31, 2008 03:53
mastachefbkw

I actually gave Home a try last night. Greatest thing ever! I made my character look like Habbo(Pool's closed) and ran around trolling away. I followed some chick(allegedly) around for like 30 min. making fun of her while butthurt fags were defending her. I must say, its the second most fun I've had out of my PS triple, only next to calling all cars, of course. 

That was fucking epic, I about pissed myself.

"Why are you stocking her?" Lol, dumbass virgins. Guys hitting on (alleged) girls over PSN.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
Re:Is Playstation HOME late-stage vaporware? - Jan 07, 2009 12:31
Home does seem the extreme of pointlessness. Sure you can play some simple games through it, but surely these could be launched from some general party interface rather than some pseudo second life type thing.

If the PS3 had launched with it it might have caught on, but from now it won't - I'm sure Sony will let it die a long and drawn out death while keeping trying to big it up.