Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii graphics too garbage for TV
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 65 of 65
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Jan 02, 2009 03:26
Eddie_the_Hated

I had seen interviews before the consoles got launched where the console companies talked about the fact that there would be no jaggies anymore with these new consoles. Because they had much more power compared to the previous generation etc etc. Now they had what they needed to finally get rid of that. Lots of hype of course. Then as soon as the first screenshots appeared, there they were : jaggies.

To the best of my knowledge, that was Microsoft, and all they said was that 2x anti-aliasing would be mandatory for all licensed software.

Really there would be no excuse for lack of AA on 360 games. The video card has 10MB of built on eDRAM specifically to handle AA and scaling.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Jan 02, 2009 04:37
Lazy codehouses wouldn't employ it if it weren't mandatory. I guarantee it.
Nitrokart

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Jan 12, 2009 00:37
immortaldanmx
shovelware like WiiFit, WiiMusic, and licensed games. Now EA is just saying what no other dev has had the balls to say.

First of all, Wii Fit and Wii Music are not shovelware. Examples of shovelware would be Ninjabread Man and Rig Racer 2. Just because Wii Fit actually makes you get off the couch and exercise, and that Wii Music provides gives you the freedom to make music, doesn't mean they are shovelware. If anything is shovelware, it's Madden, and the sports games developed by EA Sports. Not only are they sold at full price, but they are the same games as last year with a new cover, slight tweaks that might not actually improve the game and some roster changes. Not worth it.

How they just toys anyways? Why can't they be considered "real games"?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Jan 12, 2009 01:13
Nitrokart

immortaldanmx
shovelware like WiiFit, WiiMusic, and licensed games. Now EA is just saying what no other dev has had the balls to say.

First of all, Wii Fit and Wii Music are not shovelware. Examples of shovelware would be Ninjabread Man and Rig Racer 2. Just because Wii Fit actually makes you get off the couch and exercise, and that Wii Music provides gives you the freedom to make music, doesn't mean they are shovelware. If anything is shovelware, it's Madden, and the sports games developed by EA Sports. Not only are they sold at full price, but they are the same games as last year with a new cover, slight tweaks that might not actually improve the game and some roster changes. Not worth it.

How they just toys anyways? Why can't they be considered "real games"?

Just what we need, another butthurt nintendo fanboy.

Youre right, Wii Fit and Music arent shovelware, theyre trash. Wii Fit is not exercise, and youre a fat lazy fuck if you think so. I have to PT with my squad 4 days a week, which consists of a 3-5 Mile run (depending on day), pull-ups, sit-ups, and push-ups. Thats exercise, balancing on a shitty plastic board is not.

"Wii Music provides gives you the freedom to make music"
1. Youre not making anything. Pretending to play "twinkle twinkle little star" with the Wiimote is not "freedom" to "make" anything. Get Rockband if you want a music game, then you wont have to only play nursery rhymes.
2. English, motherfucker, do you speak it? "provides gives you"?
3. Wii Music doesnt even deserve the 6's and 7's it got in reviews, it deserves a 1 for being a pointless product.

Look, I understand mommy and daddy are on welfare and cant buy you Rock Band, but maybe you should look into an after-school job.

No one wants another moron who is going to defend Wii Fit and Wii Music, so find another forum. I suggest a Nintendo dedicated one, you know, where they all believe Nintendo is an innovative company that cares about games and not just churning out garbage to make large profits.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Wii graphics too garbage for TV - Jan 12, 2009 21:50

If anything is shovelware, it's Madden, and the sports games developed by EA Sports.
I don't know where you've been, but EA has really stepped up in the last year, even in games like madden. EA is the new Valve(okay, maybe not that good, but still) and Nintendo/Activision are the new EA.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 65 of 65

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message