Christmas plans... and game recommendations

Edwin
  • Total Posts : 658
  • Reward points : 6855
Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 17, 2008 13:42
So what will you be doing this Xmas? It is my sworn intent to go crawling back to the family ranch, where I will play copious amounts of co-op with my little bro and some mates, eat many, many roast potatoes in front of a roaring fire and drink Baileys. I'll also be (snigger) "working" on Kikizo stuff, and bodging together an essay for my MA course.

The gaming arsenal is basically all the stuff I've missed in the past two years or haven't had a chance to play fully: Earth Defence Force on the 360, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, plus some kind of beat-em-up. Can anyone recommend anything else, either for co-op or that special, sociable brand of single-player where friends will be happy just to watch and give passenger-seat advice?

_Majik_
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 6450
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 17, 2008 14:39
I'm in Switzerland for Christmas and New Year with my girlfriend. I won't be skiing... because last time i hit a tree and hurt myself... but i will be renting snowmobiles and risking injury that way.

I'm intent on building a snowman this year. I haven't made a snowman since i was a small child... even though i've spent the past few Christmas's in Alberta/British Columbia where they have more snow than air at this time of year.

I doubt i'll do much gaming though. I have been playing Killer Pool on my iPhone this past fortnight and that's pretty good, but there will be a shit load of pubs in Zermatt so i'm more likely to be playing the real thing.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 17, 2008 21:54
You all better chip in and get me something good for my birthday.

Anywhoo... I'll be working as much as possible, maybe picking up a seasonal help job alongside my regular employment. I'll probably treat myself with something, but I haven't quite decided what yet.

Majik. Lots of pictures from Switzerland [You're not skiing?! in Switzerland?! You didn't bang yourself up that badly boarding last season did you?].

"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

_Majik_
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 18, 2008 10:45
I smashed into a big ass tree up in Blackcomb, Whistler. I came out of Quasar and cut into Blowdown, lost control, hit a tree and fucked myself up for 3 days. I had this huge bruise accross my torso, which made it painful to breathe and impossible to sleep.

I might change my mind when i get to Switzerland, but i haven't been planning on doing any skiing or snowboarding.

I'll be taking a lot of pictures, and probably a lot of video too. Switzerland is nice but i've never been there at Christmas before so i'm looking forward to seeing what the atmosphere is like.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 18, 2008 11:40
Ill be havinvg christmas with my family, having my parents and the inlaws (though we arent marrried) over.

The joy of christmas is watching my daughter get presents, she is so appreciative of everything. She is getting her first console this year, just a V-smile with Winnie the Pooh.  So next year she wil be ready for gears of war :)

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 03:59
I'm heading out for the final touches on my Christmas presents tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the Saturday before christmas at the mall.

How long have you and your woman been together VX?

"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 04:17

I'm heading out for the final touches on my Christmas presents tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to the Saturday before christmas at the mall.

I'm afraid to ask.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Vx Chemical
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 07:18

How long have you and your woman been together VX?

5½ years now. so fairly long

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 15:08
It's my Daughter's first christmas, so I will have to make like a good daddy and put all the shite that has happened this year to one side and be pleasent for christmas day, the rest of it I am with my 360 finishing as many games as poss.

Hope you all have a good one....Majik keep of the gluhwein and you might board better...

Agent Ghost
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 19:55
How old is she Ali?  Buy her something you know she'll like but at the same time her mom won't want her to have.  For example a blow up doll.  Then when her mom takes it away your daughter will grow up resenting her for it.

See this is why I can't have kids.  The psychological warfare would be treacherous.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Vx Chemical
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 23:22
Mmmmm

Since its his daughters first christmas, i reckon she is under the age of 1?

Agent Ghost
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 20, 2008 23:33
Its just a person shaped balloon.  Babies love that shit.  I have a cousin thats like 2 years old, that would have been a great Christmas gift.  A toddler would have fun with it, and the adults would have a laugh.  The problem is that my Uncle is ultra conservative.  If I brought a sex toy in his house he'd have a heart attack. 

Speaking of Christmas gifts.  The 25th is next week!  Shit shit shit.  Ah fuck it, I'll do my shopping on the 24th like I do every year.

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 21, 2008 21:28
I'm celebrating Christmas with my family in cold Denmark. I'm unfortunately working each day up till Christmas this year, so I'm going to feel like crap on the 24th

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 18:01

I'm afraid to ask.

Wasn't too bad.

How old is she Ali?  Buy her something you know she'll like but at the same time her mom won't want her to have.  For example a blow up doll.  Then when her mom takes it away your daughter will grow up resenting her for it.

See this is why I can't have kids.  The psychological warfare would be treacherous.

Haha!

See, though, the inherent flaw with your plan is equally horrifying, and that's that there may be a woman totally compatible with you, who you wouldn't divorce....

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 18:03
The only day of the year I miss the car!  Lorna and I are staying at my Mum's, I'm taking her out for for an Italian meal on the 24th.  Christmas day we are having lunch at my sis-in-laws, and get to see our neices (Amelia is 2 in February, Rosie is on 6 months).  My Mum's for dinner and my sis and aunt and uncle will be there.  My dad's getting a wii with Tiger 2009 for his chrimbo, so probbaly playing more Wii sports on Christmas day!  Beats the queen's speech anyway.

With my time off I'll be playing Left 4 Dead, Gears 2 and trying to finish off some games I didn't complete this year - Ninja Gaiden 2 is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb, but Wipeout HD will also be getting some time spent on it.  I ordered ICO and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 off ebay (as I have a 60GB PS3), so I'll play some of these.  More SSF2HD on the 360 so I can get back more use from the Arcade stick!

Have a great one when it comes round everyone, I doubt I'll be posting here much before the New Year!
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 20:16
This is my first time at home for X-mas in 2 years, so I plan on celebrating it big! No plans whatsoever as to what big menas...yet...

Vx Chemical
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 20:39
Here in denmak we do it different to you americans and english fellows.

We celebrate christmas on the 24th, we couldnt give a fuck about the 25th.

On the 24th we eat a shitload of food, mostly its geese, ducks and pork roast, with potatoes, sugar potatoes, red cabbage.

As dessert we eat some rice with almonds mashed into with a cherry sauce.

Aftewards we prance around the christmas tree singing songs about goblins and/or jesus and what not.

And then we open christmas presents.

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 22:14
Jesus and goblins?!

I'm moving to Denmark.

A significant chunk of Americans celebrate on the 24th as well. I see my dad's side of the family that night, and to be honest, it's a better time than the next day.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 22, 2008 23:21

On the 24th we eat a shitload of food, mostly its geese, ducks and pork roast, with potatoes, sugar potatoes, red cabbage.

Aftewards we prance around the christmas tree singing songs about goblins and/or jesus and what not.

In America we're pigs, so we do that on both days.

Chimura
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 23, 2008 19:50
Vx Chemical

We do it on the 24th too here in Panama. The 25th is just another day off work

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 23, 2008 21:20
Panama, eh? I dunno why I assumed you were Euro.

Is it pretty third world when it comes to game distribution, or do titles & consoles launch fairly close to the rest of us?

Chimura
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 24, 2008 14:50
Eddie_the_Hated

Panama, eh? I dunno why I assumed you were Euro.

Is it pretty third world when it comes to game distribution, or do titles & consoles launch fairly close to the rest of us?

I am from Spain, but I've lived most of my life in Panama, so I am Euro, just not in Euro

As far as games, at least here in Panama, most games are out here a week or so from the US release, so we don't have to wait much. Prices are a bummer though, 59.99 games in the US cost us 89.99, while games that come with stuff are really pricy. Rockband 2 is 300!!

_Majik_
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 29, 2008 21:09
Merry Fucking Christmas!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 30, 2008 17:23
Whoa you found the only antigravity snowball in all of Switzerland?  Awesome.

Chimura
Re:Christmas plans... and game recommendations - Dec 30, 2008 18:04
choupolo

Whoa you found the only antigravity snowball in all of Switzerland?  Awesome.

I would be more concerned with the fact that he has actually found a way to hurl said antigravity snowball at us