Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 09 Wont suck like 08
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 84 of 84
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:09 Wont suck like 08 - Dec 15, 2008 23:01
Eddie_the_Hated

DOA2

Exactly, last gen.

Next.

You're putting DOA2's destructible environments in the same league as Battlefield: Bad Company, or COD4's penetrable environments? Heh.

Penetrable environments lol, you can shoot through walls in the original counter-strike, it isn't a big technical acheivement, it's like 2 extra lines of code.  

Chunks getting blown off the walls having per polly collision so you can actually shoot through the vacancies like in Gears of War 2 is a technical achievement that improves gameplay.  

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:09 Wont suck like 08 - Dec 16, 2008 01:57
You're still missing my point. It's a trend that has only caught on recently in the console industry. It doesn't matter that PC gamers have been playing it in CS for the past five years. It hadn't caught on as an industry trend until marketable games with brand recognition employed it.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Dec 16, 2008 01:59>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:09 Wont suck like 08 - Dec 16, 2008 05:15
uh more like 9 years, and I don't see how it is an industry trend, there's like 2 games that do it.  It wouldn't be suitable to a game like Halo, Quake, or Unreal.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:09 Wont suck like 08 - Dec 16, 2008 05:21
locopuyo

uh more like 9 years, and I don't see how it is an industry trend, there's like 2 games that do it.  It wouldn't be suitable to a game like Halo, Quake, or Unreal.

In the context, it wouldnt. For example, in Halo, it takes place in 2552, and mostly on an advanced alien structure. I would hope a race that could build the halo rings wouldnt use something a projectile could pass through.
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 81 to 84 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message