Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 07:26
Sequel Confirmed by Joystiq.com
Setting Rumor Substantiated by GiantBomb.com

During the taping of Bonus Round, Pachter let slip that Ubisoft would be changing the time-frame of the freshly confirmed Assassin's Creed sequel from 1191 to “several hundred years in the future” or more specifically, “sometime in the 1700s.” While the time change was presented by Pachter as fact, he went on to speculate that the French Revolution could be a potential setting.

Well I'm down for it... what do you all think?

"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 13:43
If they can add some variety so the damn thing isnt boring before you even hit the half-way point.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 14:35
Agreed, they need many more mission types and they need to let you actually assassinate your main targets through stealth.  I was surprised when I found out you would be forced to fight each one face to face.

The overall design and feel of the original was superb though.  The freerunning was immensely satisfying.  Playing though Mirror's Edge at the moment, I can't help but feel DICE could've designed their parkour better.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 15:53
AC was handholding you the whole way, free running was stupidly boring. Only thing satisfying about it was the animation.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 17:52
i didnt like the hold down x to climb everything.. i would like to be more involved with the climbing almost like prince of persia.

choupolo
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 18:11
I know what you guys mean.  I suppose the main reason behind detaching and simplifying the player inputs from what happens on screen, was to allow you to achieve more for less.  You just had to point your character in the right direction and the game would do all the complicated bits of jumping over gaps and grabbing onto outcroppings for you.

I guess thats why there was a mixed reaction to it.  You could call it handholding or too uninvolving, but I personally preferred it to the staccato nature of Mirror's Edge, where if you slightly mistime your jump or misdirect your character, you end up a bloody mess on the streets below. 

It disrupts the flow.  The end result, the smooth animation was what was satisfying for me as you said VX.

If they could make it more involving without disrupting the flow, that would be awesome too.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 28, 2008 18:12>

Vx Chemical
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 20:41

I know what you guys mean. I suppose the main reason behind detaching and simplifying the player inputs from what happens on screen, was to allow you to achieve more for less. You just had to point your character in the right direction and the game would do all the complicated bits of jumping over gaps and grabbing onto outcroppings for you. I guess thats why there was a mixed reaction to it. You could call it handholding or too uninvolving, but I personally preferred it to the staccato nature of Mirror's Edge, where if you slightly mistime your jump or misdirect your character, you end up a bloody mess on the streets below. It disrupts the flow. The end result, the smooth animation was what was satisfying for me as you said VX. If they could make it more involving without disrupting the flow, that would be awesome too.

I think i would have been able to live with the repetative missions if atleast the action and running had been involving, it doesnt feel daring if the guy your controlling just does it without blinking, Tomb Raider and Drake's Fortune sends a rush when you make a hard jump.

choupolo
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 21:49
You see I find Tomb Raider infuriating sometimes, when you have a jump that should be really easy, but you have to press a dozen buttons to do it - and then it doesn't help when the camera is stuck in Lara's cleavage.  Well, you know what I mean...

immortaldanmx
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 21:54
The cleavage is the only part of tomb raider that isnt garbage.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 22:07
Her tits are fake.  Laura Croft is the digital poster girl for bad breast augmentation.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 28, 2008 22:11>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Vx Chemical
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 22:28

You see I find Tomb Raider infuriating sometimes, when you have a jump that should be really easy, but you have to press a dozen buttons to do it - and then it doesn't help when the camera is stuck in Lara's cleavage. Well, you know what I mean...

Well if you cant figure out how to play it, i can see why youd want the game to play itself ;)

immortaldanmx
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 28, 2008 23:41
Agent Ghost

Her tits are fake.  Laura Croft is the digital poster girl for bad breast augmentation.

And the game is the digital poster for archaic game design that is only selling to fat lonely fucks who beat off to fake tits.

choupolo
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 29, 2008 02:42

Well if you cant figure out how to play it, i can see why youd want the game to play itself ;)

Its not that I can't figure it out.  Its times when you know exactly what you need to do, but the control mechanics or the camera wont let you.  Im sure its not just me who knows that feeling. 

I agree Assassin's Creed's controls were too uninvolving - but I can't think of a game that has such a free-flowing end result which also keeps you in the loop for every move.  Previous Prince of Persia games were good.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 29, 2008 18:50
I'm not crazy about the French Revolution. I can already see what the gay side quests are going to be. "Beat down the guard and give the poor French man some cake." If they can fix the boring/repetitive gameplay it might be okay.

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Assasin's Creed 2: French Revolution - Nov 29, 2008 19:13
I'm expecting gameplay a la Sabotage/Velvet Assasin or whatever it's called now. Liberating the society by killing guards and destroying stuff, and thereby opening the possibilty to find more of those "Eden" things that the last game ended with.