TV Shows

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 09:36
Im looking for some new tv shows to occupy me and to put on my Zune.

So, Kikizo, what tv shows (currently airing) do you watch? Also, what tv shows do you want renewed for another season that so far arent (or have been cancelled)?

Personally I watch:
Heroes
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
Sons of Anarchy
and Pushing Daisies

Id love to see The Middleman get a second season, but its looking unlikely. And of course Jericho.

Also, I would sell my soul for Angel to get a 6th televised season (not that comic rubbish) with James Marsters returning as Spike. Sigh, I guess Joss Whedon is too busy making a show with a shitty plot to care about the awesomeness of the possiblilities that were left with the ending of Season 5.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 10:57
24, Spooks, Rome, The X-Files, The Shield, Californication, Dexter, Entourage, The Soprano's...

Go here: http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 13:54
I don't even watch tv anymore.  Television took a sharp dive when they stopped making Seinfeld episodes.  If I'm lucky I'll catch a good documentary or movie.  The other day I watched a documentary on the real gangs of Southside Boston.  The movie The Departed is based on these individuals.  They even had some of these old gang members for inviews.  That's the kind of shit i like to watch.  The man that Jack Nickolson plays is still alive is ranked number 2 in the FBI most wanted list, second only to Osama Bin Laden.  This guy is amazing he fucked everyone including the local police, FBI, the Irish gangs, the mafia.... and he managed to get away. 

Mainstream shows are trash.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 16:02

I don't even watch tv anymore.  Television took a sharp dive when they stopped making Seinfeld episodes.  If I'm lucky I'll catch a good documentary or movie.  The other day I watched a documentary on the real gangs of Southside Boston.  The movie The Departed is based on these individuals.  They even had some of these old gang members for inviews.  That's the kind of shit i like to watch.  The man that Jack Nickolson plays is still alive is ranked number 2 in the FBI most wanted list, second only to Osama Bin Laden.  This guy is amazing he fucked everyone including the local police, FBI, the Irish gangs, the mafia.... and he managed to get away. 

Mainstream shows are trash.

Pretty much. The last series that I got into was Burn Notice. Other than that and the occasional Family Guy or South Park all I watch is football(American of course). I would say download some documentaries, like Agent mentioned, but I wouldn't know where to begin to look for them.

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 18:52
Green Wing and Peep Show were the last two series I actually got into.  They're not exactly high budget action dramas though.

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 19:08
Monk is a very interesting show. Dexter has been great (all current seasons come with the netflix streaming service along with Weeds). All seasons of That 70s Show are pretty good cept the last 2. I been playing catchup with Lost recently. The first season of Heroes was cool dunno bout 2 and 3 tho. Fringe is looking to shape up well but Ive only caught the first two episodes.

Check out Hulu.com as they have lots of shows to stream.  

A couple of great canceled shows are Undeclared and Freaks and Geeks. You know the shows from Judd Apatow. Mystery Science Theatre is also a great no longer airing show. However the creators have moved on to Cinimatic Titanic and the very funny Rifftrax.com. On Rifftrax they got some shorts to download that are drm free and about a dollar or less a peice. Basically, if you don't know what theydo, they provide humorous commentary to old films as well as current blockbusters. You either download the mp3 file in which they instruct you how to sync with your dvd or use the free rifftrax player in which you pop in your dvd and just load up the riff trax and it will do the syncing for you. They have some previews on their site to get a better idea.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Nov 21, 2008 19:14>

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:TV Shows - Nov 21, 2008 22:20

Monk is a very interesting show.
Yeah, I forgot about that. I also saw a show called Psych that use to come on at the same time, but I only saw a few episodes. The few I did see were good though.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:TV Shows - Nov 22, 2008 04:46
HOUSE, South Park, 24 and Pushing Daisies (Canceled as of yesterday).

You don't need anything else.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:TV Shows - Nov 22, 2008 12:01
I'm watching The Wire from series one at the moment - have the first 3 series to get through.  Great Cop drama based in Baltimore.

Other than that:
Doctor Who (David Tenant episodes, good sat night TV)
The IT Crowd (new series started last night and was class again!)
The Might Boosh (2nd series is the best by a mile)
I'm Alan Partridge (wish Coogan would do more of this, but not sure where it would go?  He ended it at it's peak)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
Trailer Park Boys

South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad obvioulsy!!

<message edited by Iad umboros on Nov 22, 2008 12:27>
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
Re:TV Shows - Nov 22, 2008 12:13
The Shield.