Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 World at War reviews hit the web (sorta)
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 13, 2008 23:07

LOL Nitro! Yeah, of course I am only 16. Sorry for confusion I just clicked 1980 LOLO.

No.

I am sixteen...

...You are a tard.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 14, 2008 00:28
Liked Kikizo's interview.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/call-of-duty-world-at-war-interview-p1.asp

Its interesting to know what Infinity Ward's Comms Manager, Rob Bowling thinks of Noah Heller in his blog in the news the other day -
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2008/11/07/noah-heller-stop-doing-interviews/

'Senior Super Douche' [read second to last paragraph] is a cool title!
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 14, 2008 01:16>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 14, 2008 08:29

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1467

• Not Leeds anymore?
    <message edited by Nitro on Nov 14, 2008 08:32>
    immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 14, 2008 10:15
    Nitro

choupolo

• Not Leeds anymore?

The Kikizo database resides in Nitro's head.
    Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
    Re:World at War reviews hit the web (sorta) - Nov 14, 2008 10:24

LOL Nitro! Yeah, of course I am only 16. Sorry for confusion I just clicked 1980 LOLO.

Did he just use an Ad Hominem on himself?  
    Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
    Re:World at War reviews hit the web (sorta) - Nov 14, 2008 17:55
    As for the review and any other, I just can't place it up in the 9's. Its simply CoD4 re-skinned. That may be enough for others but After a year of CoD4 already and a decade of world war 2 shooters as well, its just not enough for me.

Maybe its because I've only done the first few missions but the single player (so far as said before) just seems to closed for my tastes. The areas look vast but you are still forced onto a rather linear path. It just feels claustrophobic at times (so far). That sniper setup was cool, tho a near direct play by play of that scene in Enemy at the Gate added with a more interactive and action packed rehash of the sniper mission in the previous CoD. 

Can anyone who's gotten tell me if every mission is gonna have me starting on my ass in a "desperate" situation?

The Multiplayer is still a mixed bag for me. Some of the maps are just a cluttered mess while some (the larger ones) are pretty cool providing all sorts of situations. The spawn system seems a total wreck at times. With teams instead of spawning near each other tend to mix and overlap. I've been spawned several times in a row in the dead center of 3 enemy combatants. Its even annoying to have the other team spawn in front of me. Sure I get a free kill out of it but its not an earned kill.

Tanks are nice but just too much at times in Hardcore. Which sucks cause one of the better maps turns into nothing but a battle for tank supremacy rather than just a epic shootout that it should be.

I dunno. Its not bad by any means it just nothing special in anyway what so ever. Instead of playing daily like I did with Modern Warfare this will be an occasional venture for me. I am disgusted by FPS on PS3 (the controller not the games) but I may pick up Resistance soon in order to enjoy a different kind of fps online action. Another year of CoD isnt doing it for me.
    choupolo

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 14, 2008 21:57
    Nitro

choupolo

• Not Leeds anymore?

Fancied a change, I'd been in Leeds for 8 years (6 years uni, 2 years internship, bloody 'ell).  I love Leeds, espcially where I was living last year near the docks, the place was beautiful and the atmosphere was surreal - you saw the photos of course. 

Work was another issue, I got job offers from both cities but I had to pick one, and Manchester seemed to have more of a future.  We'll know in a few years I guess.  Still haven't explored the place fully yet, only moved here in August. 

Trafford Centre is huge compared to Meadowhall though!  Almost seems like Dubai.
    Nitro

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 17, 2008 12:43
    Don't get me started on the Trafford Centre... i've been 4 times in the past week. I was there last night, and it was absolutely heaving. There were serious queues in almost every shop. I love the place though. I can spend hours sat in YO! Sushi... or down in the NAMCO station.

Are you living in the city or on the outskirts? Did you get a job at one of the hospitals?

I'm guessing you don't drink... but we could meet for a coffee sometime?
    Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 17, 2008 17:50
    There's a place called "YO! Sushi"?  That's great... it's like something you'd have seen in the background of a side-scrolling brawler years ago.
    choupolo

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 17, 2008 20:36
    Yeah I thought that, might have fit behind the first level of Streets of Rage in neon lights, heh.

Don't get me started on the Trafford Centre... i've been 4 times in the past week. I was there last night, and it was absolutely heaving. There were serious queues in almost every shop. I love the place though. I can spend hours sat in YO! Sushi... or down in the NAMCO station.

Are you living in the city or on the outskirts? Did you get a job at one of the hospitals?

Living on the outskirts and working at Fairfield Hospital in Bury, but its 5 minutes' drive into the city from my flat. 

Didn't realise you were still around Manchester.  Don't mind meeting up for a drink, tho I dont drink coffee either!  Not for any reason apart from I find it bitter, heh, the last time I drank coffee I put 7 sugars into it to make it tolerable.  Was a case of "Dyu want any coffee with your sugar..."   

You probably know Manchester better than I do, so just PM me when and where.  I have most of next week off, but working this weekend.
    BUTTFREAK

• Total Posts : 85
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 17, 2008 21:07
    u GUYZZ ARE KOOL
    locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 18, 2008 00:50
    thx, means a lot coming from someone as respectable as yourself.
    Nitro

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 18, 2008 11:45
    choupolo

Yeah I thought that, might have fit behind the first level of Streets of Rage in neon lights, heh.

Living on the outskirts and working at Fairfield Hospital in Bury, but its 5 minutes' drive into the city from my flat. 

Didn't realise you were still around Manchester.  Don't mind meeting up for a drink, tho I dont drink coffee either!  Not for any reason apart from I find it bitter, heh, the last time I drank coffee I put 7 sugars into it to make it tolerable.  Was a case of "Dyu want any coffee with your sugar..."   

You probably know Manchester better than I do, so just PM me when and where.  I have most of next week off, but working this weekend.

Bury eh? Hahaha, I lived in Bury for 10 years. It's a god awful town!

I know I've been admitted to Bury General, but I don't think I ever ended up at Fairfield. Is it nice enough?

As for Manchester... I've spent a lot of my adult life here. I have a house in Yorkshire which I inherited and lived in for a while, but I already had an apartment in Manchester and spent my weeks flip-flopping between the two while my Canadian application for residency was being processed. When I was knocked back I accepted a proper job and moved back to Manchester proper, putting the house up for sale. I thought about moving closer to work but Manchester's the only place in this country that's ever left like home... and it's where all of my friends are so I commute on the days I need to be in the office.

I recently moved into a new apartment so with that, my trip to Israel and things getting busy at work I haven't had much time to post here. There's some sort of problem with my phone line at home so I still haven't been able to transfer my internet over, and the forums still don't support the iPhone so until I get the new Blackberry... Kikizo is being neglected.

I'm busy pretty much all-round at the moment, but as soon as I get some free time I'll let you know and we'll sort something out. If you like Thai food we could go to the Vermilion. It's one of the best restaurants in the city :)

BUTTFREAK

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 18, 2008 13:58
    I like to shoot em in the booty lol
    <message edited by BUTTFREAK on Nov 18, 2008 14:00>
    choupolo

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 08:42

Bury eh? Hahaha, I lived in Bury for 10 years. It's a god awful town!

I know I've been admitted to Bury General, but I don't think I ever ended up at Fairfield. Is it nice enough?

As for Manchester... I've spent a lot of my adult life here. I have a house in Yorkshire which I inherited and lived in for a while, but I already had an apartment in Manchester and spent my weeks flip-flopping between the two while my Canadian application for residency was being processed. When I was knocked back I accepted a proper job and moved back to Manchester proper, putting the house up for sale. I thought about moving closer to work but Manchester's the only place in this country that's ever left like home... and it's where all of my friends are so I commute on the days I need to be in the office.

I recently moved into a new apartment so with that, my trip to Israel and things getting busy at work I haven't had much time to post here. There's some sort of problem with my phone line at home so I still haven't been able to transfer my internet over, and the forums still don't support the iPhone so until I get the new Blackberry... Kikizo is being neglected.

I'm busy pretty much all-round at the moment, but as soon as I get some free time I'll let you know and we'll sort something out. If you like Thai food we could go to the Vermilion. It's one of the best restaurants in the city :)

Sounds good.  Fairfield is ok, obviously not as well funded as the LGI in Leeds city where I came from, but the place is clean and friendly.  Also sits on a hill with a nice view.  Its a busy place though, with a huge demand since a lot of nearby hospitals have closed or are closing including Rochdale.  Makes no sense to me.  Its a money thing I guess.
    Nitro

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 09:25
    So you're a doctor... or a surgeon?

Don't tell me you're a nurse ;)
    BUTTFREAK

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 14:16
    I bet hes a doctor/nurse. Like a girl and a boy. better run. lol
    choupolo

Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 18:30
    Heh, I'm a doc.  Its interesting that there are now more female doctors coming through university than male - maybe upto 75% of medical students were female in Leeds.  Its a good time to be alive! ..or even ill.

I've been involved with a bit of surgery too, but only for about 4 months - helping fix broken bones.  My main focus is hopefully going to be cardiology or chest medicine from now on though.
    Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 18:56
    fixing people must be intresting.

Fixing computers is getting boring
    Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
    Re:[Rumor]PSW: Call of Duty: World at War 10/10 - Nov 19, 2008 21:10
    You can always replace the busto part on a PC. If certain parts of your body go wrong, you're screwed. Admirable profession nonetheless, but not my type. I'm a perfectionist.

How well are doctors paid in the UK Chou?

Edit: By way buddy, your bolts are in the mail! Have been for about four or five days. It should be a few more, but I totally forgot to let you know I'd already shipped them.
    Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 64

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
    • New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message