Boku

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
Boku - Nov 03, 2008 22:19
If you haven't seen this already, check out Microsoft's Boku, which may be coming to the X360 in 2009.  This Gamasutra article compares it to Little Big Planet, but it appears to have a lot more diverse game design potential so perhaps a more apt comparison could be with Game Maker.

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Boku - Nov 03, 2008 23:29
I hate that comparisons to LBP. I like what one person said in that LBP is an intro to level design whereas this is like an intro to game design.

Anyhow it looks pretty interesting. It wont have the mascot appeal that Sackboy has (being Boku has no actual mascot), but for those who just love to create it looks like a good time killer so far.

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:Boku - Nov 04, 2008 02:21
I bet you people are going to say that MS copied LBP ..  Anyways , this looks interesting ..
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Re:Boku - Nov 04, 2008 03:18
Johnny Jiron

I hate that comparisons to LBP. I like what one person said in that LBP is an intro to level design whereas this is like an intro to game design.

Anyhow it looks pretty interesting. It wont have the mascot appeal that Sackboy has (being Boku has no actual mascot), but for those who just love to create it looks like a good time killer so far.

How does Sackboy have mascot appeal? Maybe if youre trying to sell to emo girls or something.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.