Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Left 4 Dead opening
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 10, 2009 06:30
Sigh, can we get a ban on obvious advertisers? Please Adam? Or at least give Edwin mod status. Hes too polite to ban without reason.

And to keep this on topic: L4D is my new addiction. All of my friends are hooked as well. Im glad after WaW disappointed, R2 was unplayabe, and Gears 2 was garbage Im so glad something made us actually want to play online.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 10, 2009 07:45
Make me a mod.
immortaldanmx

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 10, 2009 11:30
emofag

Make me a mod.

You would ban everyone but you, then have flame wars with yourself.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 10, 2009 19:58

R2 was unplayable
Did you even play it?
immortaldanmx

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 11, 2009 09:28
mastachefbkw

R2 was unplayable
Did you even play it?

Every night after you, Chris and Burr get off of Left4Dead.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 12, 2009 00:35
So anyone else think Left 4 Dead is the most overrated game of the year?  Yes, this game was good, but it is far from game of the year.
immortaldanmx

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 12, 2009 01:05
With a group of 4 this is the most fun Ive had in a while.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 12, 2009 01:39

So anyone else think Left 4 Dead is the most overrated game of the year?  Yes, this game was good, but it is far from game of the year.

I agree, it's pretty overrated,  I did had a lot of fun with it but it doesn't have a lot of replayability.  Maybe it just needs more content and game modes.  It's a solid concept.  Still, I say that LBP was the most overrated or over hyped at least.  I'm so pissed I'm forced to play the campaign in order to collect the pieces to build.  I don't want to play the platformer at all, I bought the game as a creative tool.  That and Spore, biggest disapointments of '08. 

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Jan 12, 2009 10:18
L4D was my favourite game from 2008.  It just felt like it was a product of a lot of focus and attention to detail on the small intangible things that mattered.  Coop's been around for a while but has rarely felt so engaging and satisfying imo.

At first I didn't have such high hopes for it, despite looking forward to its release and the hype.  Zombie games weren't new and neither was coop, so why would a zombie coop game be exciting.  But theres something about the player-player-environment dynanmics that works really well.

It actively encourages complete strangers to think about teamwork and strategy and keeps things tense/challenging - which sort of reminds us of how we might feel if we really were part of a zombie apocalypse with 3 strangers.  Forced to think and act differently with other people due to the unique situation.

It shows up different characters within the players like the guy who likes to stand back behind the others but forgets to keep a check on what might jump out from behind him - or the guy who feels most comfortable being the clear leader - or you might get the selfish/impulsive/reckless type who prefers to go lone wolf etc etc.

So depending on who you play with each game feels slightly different.

I thought it had tonnes of replayability - feeling like it'll be one of those games that have the same maps played over and over for years eg de_dust in Counter-Strike.  And of course there will be mods.

It still needs better matchmaking and comms system though on PC.

I say Fallout was overrated - but I might change my mind later on.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 49 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message