LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 105 of 105
choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 23, 2008 19:20

LOL  That's not what I meant.  You're too innocent.

Heh, what did you think I meant?  I was thinking the same as you. 

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 01:35
So I been playing little big planet for a few days now...is it officially released yet cause I'd really like to get my activation codes to work and play around in the online community... Until then I stuck in the single play area it seems. Which isnt bad. I've completedit and now I'm just workin gon all that various rewards  and making sure all the levels and challenges are 100%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoG7z124xI

Heys its my firwst go...don't expect art just yet...
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 27, 2008 01:51>

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 08:43
I don't know if the servers have been turned on.  My copy updated last night to change the evil scary song but it still wouldn't connect online.  The song is so much better without the lyrics, actually.  Now I can play the game and not be scared of those freaky-ass Muslims, all of whom are terrorists.

I'll try to play tonight and see if I can connect.

choupolo
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 13:38
Heh nice Joe.  So have they kept the song but just as an instrumental?

They should have just dubbed over it and use lyrics like, "All that is on earth shall live happily ever after surrounded by fluffy bunnies" and "Every soul shall have its taste of creamy chocolate fudge cake from Marks and Spencers" :P

Nice first go Mass.  LBP looks like a so much fun, I wish I had a PS3.  Instead I've got a naked, lame and slowly dying 360. 
<message edited by choupolo on Oct 27, 2008 13:39>

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 15:44
then join the fun eddy! .... everybody is doing it you know...

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 16:34
I picked it up.  Mine came with a Tee-shirt wrapped in a ball.  You guys get one with yours?  Kinda cool, I don't remember this being advertised.  This isn't the special edition (LBP has none). 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 27, 2008 23:05>
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 20:18
Alright, my super-rare copy finally works online!  Some of the levels people have designed are fairly shallow.  Some are good.  Be sure to try out my two levels (search for the author: Redifer if it lets you).  I have a score attack which is a bit frustrating to complete if your timing isn't perfect, but it was the first level I designed.  I also did a large maze which is much more forgiving, but quite long.  I really like the maze.

choupolo
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 20:31
Hey Joe you should make the picture of the maze you drew that was on your website that you posted ages ago.....you remember?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 27, 2008 22:02

then join the fun eddy! .... everybody is doing it you know...

Christmas... unless Choupolo's name is actually Ed, and you were addressing him.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 00:52
choupolo

Hey Joe you should make the picture of the maze you drew that was on your website that you posted ages ago.....you remember?

I don't think LBP could handle that.  Well maybe it could.  My eyeballs would go buggo trying to translate it from paper to screen, though.  :)  The problem with that maze is you could go anywhere with a pencil, but on LBP you need partitions to jump on to go up, etc.

Agent Ghost
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 00:57
I hate the fucking tutorials for level creation.  Make them optional!  I just wanted to fuck around, strap a rocket on my ass and see how fast I can fly.  But no, I have to painfully sit through endless agonizing tutorials to do simple things any half-wit could figure out. 
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 02:07
You don't have to "sit" through them.  The video is optional.  It asks you if you want to "learn more".  You can reply in the negative.  Again... is optional!  But if you accidentally click "yes", just accomplish the task they want you to do while the video plays... no need to watch the entire thing. Since you are not a half-wit, you can figure it out and be back in your level in an instant, right?
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Oct 28, 2008 02:09>

Agent Ghost
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 02:33
You still have to do the tutorials though right?  It's the loading and going through the cretin tasks that really gets on my nerves.  I don't care about the explanation, I can leave for that.  They might not even be long I left when i found that I didn't have access to all my creation tools.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 28, 2008 02:39>

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 04:24
Wow, it sure is laggy online right now.  Even booting up the game takes forever to to the server overload.  I sure hope that they fix this nonsense.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 04:40
OMG JOE REDIFER LIKES A GAME
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 05:14
Hey, it already has an advantage of not being a game where I shoot things.

Johnny Jiron
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 05:48
Yeah the servers were giving me issues so I turned them off while I was working on stuff. I managed to get one up befroe the lag issues. Under the name Johnny_Jiron but since its fuck all hard to get on I'll have a couple of videos up soon. My second creation will be up soon i'll have video here before that tho. They are Ninja Warrior rips. I needed some source material for practice and I saw someone on youtube do it so I decided it was a good place to start til I get original ideas goinf. Once you get your mind around things this game is beyond amazing.

Johnny Jiron

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 06:20
I notice that most people design really short levels.  Not me!

The servers have been turned off.  I guess they weren't expecting more than 20 or 30 people to buy the game or something.  Server overload!

Johnny Jiron
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 06:23
I'm taking small steps for now. i overloaded myself with Far Cry 2's map editor.

Edit: Shut off?! Laaame. Hope it doesnt effect the uploaded levels...I was getting some good praise :)
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 28, 2008 06:27>

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 06:44
How do you even check that kind of stuff on published levels?  All I saw on mine were the one-word tags in blue blocks like "Long", "Tricky" and "Complex" that other people left.  I seem to be unable to see other people's score results, etc.

Johnny Jiron
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 06:52
Someone left a comment on mine plus it got hearted 13 times and downloaded 400+ and most of the tags seemed positive so I assume its good. But I didnt see an actual rating anywhere. Which is odd since I know I rated others out of 5 stars. I'm sure the lack of info and what not has to do with the server errors cause my stats kept vanishing and reappearing at random. Kept freaking me out.

On a side note i really wish they didnt use a heart system dammit. Its really odd having your map hearted, but someone hearted me directly as well...

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 08:06
How do you download a level?  I never saw that option on any of the levels I played.  It would be so nice to download them and play them without lag and also without seeing pop-ups telling me how much my friends have scored in various levels.  Seriously, I don't care what they are scoring in the single player game... but the game thinks I really want to know.

Johnny Jiron
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 09:04
They call it downloads in the stats at the top of the game description. I dont think its actually downloading tho. But yeah hopefully at the very least the notification can be turned off. Every time my level was veiwd i earned a creative point or some shit. The constant updates of everything going on outside of what I was currently doing is very much a big annoyance.

It would be nice to d/l maps to the hard drive. But I think the only way to do that for now is to find one in which the creator set to open copy. Then you can just copy the map and play it from the MyMoon globe. So far I think everyone has been locking them.

So yeah the online can for sure use some cleaning up.

BTW is it up and running again yet?

Joe Redifer
Re:LittleBigPlanet delayed due to Quran quotes - Oct 28, 2008 09:20
No, the last time it tried (about an hour ago) it said the same thing that it said two weeks ago when I bought the game before they even fired up the servers... that it is having trouble connecting and/or can't find it 402 or similar.  I expect a fix tomorrow or maybe the next day at the very latest.  I'm sure someone is busting their balls trying to fix it now.

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 81 to 105 of 105